The graveyard club where careers go to die

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OMG ... Mat
200.gif
Burton

Too funny that linked Flat Earth comments article. So if I understood the points of view correctly the Earth is a sphere that is round and also flat "in some kind of a way" IIRC. It is lucky they were well paid for playing footy.

Some interesting facts...
Since 2011 Gould has been coaching director at mainly Penrith and the Bulldogs with a season at the Dragons and one COVID season at the Warriors. His highest finish has been 4th at Penrith in 2014 with Cleary as coach, who he later sacked for Griffen. He averages 10th place.

Since Gould left Penrith Cleary has kicked on with 4 straight grand finals and a 3-1 record.

Make Bulldogs great again = sack Gould?

If you read anything about change in sporting teams you will see it is very rare to win with such a changed squad.
Give them time and let’s see

If you read anything about change in sporting teams you will see it is very rare to win with such a changed squad.
Give them time and let’s see
Sure, it takes time for teams to gel.

But given the dollars available this is one of the worst "rebuilds" in memory

Gould went and bought all the flashy toys. Mercenaries with big names and big salaries.

But he failed to bring leadership and team balance when he bought the cheque book out. And does Gould know you need a "quality spine" if you are going to compete in 2024? Some decent middles would be good as well.

Instead, it's a lot of money spent on outside backs and playing guys out of position. Oh, and about 5 utilities.

And the boy wonder who is coaching them should have the microscope on him as well. Dean Pay did a better job with reserve graders.

It is a bit early to tell, but talking up a loss in the first presser of the year is not a good sign.
Its too hard to make calls on how a team will go after round 1 that includes us as well.

I think SuperCoach Ciraldo hasn’t worked out. Remember when he left Penrith and he had the pick of any club he wanted.

I also think it shows how hard it is to build a club using players who were successful at a prior club. This is exactly what Manly did between 2015 and 2021 and look how crap the output was. Can’t just put a bunch of blokes together who have done it before. You need a team that develops together, or do what Melbourne do and buy a bunch of refuse players and coach them well.

Sorry, but I am not sorry to see the bulldogs near the bottom and relish every week they stay there.

NYEagle

I think SuperCoach Ciraldo hasn’t worked out. Remember when he left Penrith and he had the pick of any club he wanted.

I also think it shows how hard it is to build a club using players who were successful at a prior club. This is exactly what Manly did between 2015 and 2021 and look how crap the output was. Can’t just put a bunch of blokes together who have done it before. You need a team that develops together, or do what Melbourne do and buy a bunch of refuse players and coach them well.

Sorry, but I am not sorry to see the bulldogs near the bottom and relish every week they stay there.

NYEagle
So very true, Kikau is only a shadow of his former Penrith self and Burton is the Kennels whipping boy.

Sure, it takes time for teams to gel.

Gould went and bought all the flashy toys. Mercenaries with big names and big salaries.

But he failed to bring leadership and team balance when he bought the cheque book out. And does Gould know you need a "quality spine" if you are going to compete in 2024? Some decent middles would be good as well.

Instead, it's a lot of money spent on outside backs and playing guys out of position. Oh, and about 5 utilities.

And the boy wonder who is coaching them should have the microscope on him as well. Dean Pay did a better job with reserve graders.
Yeah I agree. Gould has also instilled a terrible culture over there. The fact that he has cleaned out an entire roster since 2021 is a huge red flag. No one would feel comfortable and the players he has signed are only there for dollars or because they could not get a gig anywhere else. It’s a revolving door with no soul

The thing Gould did right at the Panthers was fix up their pathways so that they wouldn't lose all their best juniors before they kicked on to become first graders, which was what used to happen. Once that was done he didn't have much more of value to offer.

Jeez..i'm really worried about Farnworth and Flegler at the Phins. All of a sudden they've just realised it's all on them. Well, not really worried at all tbh.

Yeah I agree. Gould has also instilled a terrible culture over there. The fact that he has cleaned out an entire roster since 2021 is a huge red flag. No one would feel comfortable and the players he has signed are only there for dollars or because they could not get a gig anywhere else. It’s a revolving door with no soul
I think most clubs search for that Ben Kennedy type player. That culture changing player. He's been mentioned a lot on here and still does.

While Manly hasn't had the best success in the last decade, we still have guys like Jake, DCE and Turbo to at least try and set that standard for professionalism and standards. They aren't perfect (DCE took a while to mature for sure) but they are senior guys who train hard and have a real passion for the club.

One of the best signings lately even though his on-field production isn't what it was, is Dale Finucane. That leadership, experience, and winning attitude are worth paying for.

While the Dogs have probably targeted the right clubs to recruit from - they haven't recruited any leaders. It's been talent only.

, it takes time for teams to gel.

The Greatest Waste of Money Rebuilds must go to the Dogs and the Tigers
They both keep rebuilding a club house with straws
Compliments of their Incompetent club Management
1710214966153.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10