The Gorman 'Lyall.'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Some people are never happy...
And some people are happy to get a fancy email that in effect tells us nothing we didn't already know albeit in a jargon filled politician styled way. I don't blame Gorman, clearly he is trying and is probably the best guy to take us forward. It is his bosses that i am worried about.

Tell me how many of the injuries we have copped this year have been a result of poor injury prevention programs etc. Minimal if any - We have had very few soft tissue injuries, most have been breaks, fractures and ACL injuries all of which cannot be attributed to the coaching staff.

Last year we actually had very few injuries in comparison to previous years.

Happy to debate fitness levels etc, but to toss blame for our run of injuries on staff, this year in particular is ridiculous.

Funny though when we had a good run with Injuries last year it was all to do with Ferris's magical powers. Team has had a marked decline since Ferris took over. I have zero faith in him and never will. Good for you if you think his work at the Titans before he got to us was outstanding. The blokes only ability is he is able to convince people in important positions that he is capable of his job. Proof is in the pudding, the teams he has trained cannot compete.

Funny though when we had a good run with Injuries last year it was all to do with Ferris's magical powers. Team has had a marked decline since Ferris took over. I have zero faith in him and never will. Good for you if you think his work at the Titans before he got to us was outstanding. The blokes only ability is he is able to convince people in important positions that he is capable of his job. Proof is in the pudding, the teams he has trained cannot compete.

That being said, if you look at his run with the Titans, then the run here, they almost duplicate. Missing finals consistently. 0 wins in 8 years in finals matches (on the rare occasion his teams DO make the playoffs). Disharmony and bullying rampant at both clubs.

Also, Gorman's email has proven nothing:
X Don't know where we stand in the appeal;
X No signing's to announce;
X Cartwright and Ferris renewed (which is a joke, especially calling them high performance);
X Nothing on Brookvale Oval;
X In the process of a Centre of Excellence (like we have for the past 15 years);
X Despite on / off field results / behaviours , we are going forward amazingly (what a load of ****);

Gorman's great at talking up a fantastic game, when in reality, nothing's changing. We aren't progressing. We are stagnating, and regressing on the field.

That being said, if you look at his run with the Titans, then the run here, they almost duplicate. Missing finals consistently. 0 wins in 8 years in finals matches (on the rare occasion his teams DO make the playoffs). Disharmony and bullying rampant at both clubs.

Also, Gorman's email has proven nothing:
X Don't know where we stand in the appeal;
X No signing's to announce;
X Cartwright and Ferris renewed (which is a joke, especially calling them high performance);
X Nothing on Brookvale Oval;
X In the process of a Centre of Excellence (like we have for the past 15 years);
X Despite on / off field results / behaviours , we are going forward amazingly (what a load of ****);

Gorman's great at talking up a fantastic game, when in reality, nothing's changing. We aren't progressing. We are stagnating, and regressing on the field.
I must say the warm and fuzzy feeling has worn off already. Brookvale Oval is now a papier-mâché fortress.

As I said mate, fitness etc is debatable. The injury toll this year is what I was referring to - It has minimal, if anything to do with preparation from our staff.

And some people are happy to get a fancy email that in effect tells us nothing we didn't already know albeit in a jargon filled politician styled way. I don't blame Gorman, clearly he is trying and is probably the best guy to take us forward. It is his bosses that i am worried about.

I just want to say how pleased I am with how I am feeling about what I am thinking. I mean its exciting to be caught up in the mood about your thoughts and know you are pleased with your position on things. I was only thinking the other day how wonderful it would be if I was thinking as well as I am thinking today but will my good thinking last. Further…..

Danny The Worm is spreading some rumours about Lyall, but looks like he has been a faithful sock puppet and is toeing the company line

Penn friend
The knives are out for Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman. This column has been told the players want him out, but Gorman insists that is untrue and that he had a good meeting with the Manly leadership group during the week.

Gorman is well liked by Manly’s owners, the Penn family, and is doing the job they want him to do.

Danny The Worm is spreading some rumours about Lyall, but looks like he has been a faithful sock puppet and is toeing the company line

Penn friend
The knives are out for Manly chief executive Lyall Gorman. This column has been told the players want him out, but Gorman insists that is untrue and that he had a good meeting with the Manly leadership group during the week.

Gorman is well liked by Manly’s owners, the Penn family, and is doing the job they want him to do.
Are the players looking at whether they did their job as well?
Not that they were given much of an example but do they hold a bloke who's only been in the job a matter of months more responsible for our current predicament over the coaching and playing staff for our current ladder position?
If the coaches failed to shield them from off field drama and they didn't concentrate on the job at hand then it ain't Gorman's fault but their own.

To be fair, Gorman seems the type to promise, project, and TALK about **** that he's going to do. Unfortunately, with all his waffle and bluster, he's yet to actually achieve anything whatsoever.

Talks about all these roles being filled, including a roster / list manager, and yet to announce they've found anyone despite 100's of applications. I swear, a change of prime minister happens faster than the speed the Penn's and Gorman are working.

His emails are often full of empty promises, things they are LOOKING to do, and often come up with 0 solutions that have ACTUALLY been implemented.

Honestly, I think he's dead set useless, but that's my opinion. If the players have the same mindset as me, then I'd completely understand where they are coming from.

Biggest issue in all this for mine is the term "communication". Seems like communication between the club, its owners, it's players, it's fans, it's management is non existent. Gorman needs to get EVERYONE together in a room and ****ing well communicate.

To be fair, Gorman seems the type to promise, project, and TALK about **** that he's going to do. Unfortunately, with all his waffle and bluster, he's yet to actually achieve anything whatsoever.

Talks about all these roles being filled, including a roster / list manager, and yet to announce they've found anyone despite 100's of applications. I swear, a change of prime minister happens faster than the speed the Penn's and Gorman are working.

His emails are often full of empty promises, things they are LOOKING to do, and often come up with 0 solutions that have ACTUALLY been implemented.

Honestly, I think he's dead set useless, but that's my opinion. If the players have the same mindset as me, then I'd completely understand where they are coming from.

Biggest issue in all this for mine is the term "communication". Seems like communication between the club, its owners, it's players, it's fans, it's management is non existent. Gorman needs to get EVERYONE together in a room and ****ing well communicate.

I think he's a far better communicator than what we've had before. He knows his business and Manly's performance this year had nothing to do with him. He walked into a mine field of problems. It will take time to rebuild the ship.

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10