The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly report - rd 10 2013

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
cf2 is back said:

The toughest road trip of them all is not a great prospect on any given week, but none more so than being down three props and your superstar fullback.

Read the full article

Thanks Cf2, just off the plane in HK and after reading your report I felt like I was at the game.

Still very positive despite the draw to the scum and only just going down to Souths and Roosters, we'll be there at the end of the season. I'm sure the guys will be disappointed with just a draw but equally they'll be so much more confident in each other after that defensive performance.

Agreed about Symonds and the bench CF2. Not sure whats going on there or his role is now. Who knows what the hell is happening with the bench.

Thanks again for the write up.

Great review , Tommy was a little tentative and it may still be his quads :angel:

I believe that it is these up coming 'easy' games that are the true test of our Team's maturity.

It will be tempting to 'expect' the wins. Last year's dust up by the Raiders at Brookie was our worst :(

We need to respect the 2 points on offer and realy push our points differential.:idea:

2V's bench utilisation seems to be a continuation of the pre season bootcamp.
Last year's Semi had us down on the Bench and the Boys ran out of puff quickly :(

I thought that a field goal when we were down their end (a rare treat)might have been the go, which would have had us three up. Not to be. Given we had The Chech, Kite should have been more awake to his off-side play at the end. Stupid penalty really. A missed opportunity.

Excellent report again. I too am unsure what the bench strategy is, but I'm confident there is a strategy there, I don't think Toovey just forgets to use the bench.

Probably it was the Titans, but the point remains, Manly lost to much lower placed Teams and lifted for higher placed ones :(

Sharks and Panthers were also points that were wasted in 2012

dowdz said:
Agreed about Symonds and the bench CF2. Not sure whats going on there or his role is now. Who knows what the hell is happening with the bench.

Thanks again for the write up.

Yes. I agreed. I'm a big fan of Symonds and would actually like to see him start instead of Gift, just to see how that works. Bring Gift on when the game opens up. Give Hora, Choc and Ballin a rest and get more from Buhrer and the 17th player ('player' being a misnomer because they never seem to play).
I feel strangely elated about gaining the one point. To me it feels like a win. This match feels like the loss we had to the Storm at Brookie in 2008 when it proved that, despite the scoreboard, we had their measure, and would beat them next time.

What happened to Matai, anyone?? I saw him take a dart to the neck from an invisible inter-dimensional ninja (again). That was in the first half though. He came out for the second half but at some point in space and time he simply vanished without a trace. Should we be worried? Should I alert the authorities?

Another top report.
The only winners from last night were the bookies and pie sellers.
Such a shame the ref played the Storm back into the game.
Tremendous effort from the 16 that played.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6