The gap between players on peanuts and those on millions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My issue is that the club has overpaid for DCE for the past nine years. There was one season to go before his massive salary would have been able to be better distributed. Yet the dumb-ass club extends his contract by a further two years when we all know his footballing powers keep diminishing with age.
I don't blame DCE. Who wouldn't cop the coin? But the club decision-makers don't seem to learn from their mistakes. It makes me question why I invest so much of myself into a club which thinks leadership is a cruise liner.
My Grandfather was a Top Gun Salesman and he would divvy up his Commission among the least successful Sales People.
He thought " Well, these people have families to feed "
He would work hard for 6 months and then spend the other 6 months doing philanthropic work for the less fortunate in Society.

I'm not suggesting that DCE gives his money to lower paid players, that would be crazy.
DCE still provides a great kicking game.
DCE still provides great defence.
DCE still has a great passing game.
What I have been noticing lately is that DCE isn't steering the 'play' in the right direction.
This is obviously a serious problem.
Quite often DCE is driving down a dead end alley.

I'm thinking that Manly need to think seriously about Schuster having more control and DCE playing a lesser role on Schusters' right shoulder.

Manly let Gutherson go many years ago after he'd only played a handful of games.
Do we want the same to happen with Schuster or any other future Star players.??

Well, we don't.

Only Buzz has said he's re-signed on the same amount ($1.2m), but he also thought Foran had signed with the Titans for $750k per year because he had trouble dividing it by 2 when the news came out it was a $750k 2 year deal.
I have been asking this question a million times on STs ,well at least a 5 or 6 times.
For what its worth I was at a RL function on friday and spoke to someone who should know and he told me that DCE is not on the same deal. For some reason the actual figure is a state secret so who knows but not 1.2M (Ironic isnt it that in a club that leaks like a sieve that particular crucial part of the cap has not emerged ).I heard Rothtool when he said that it was in a very vague way and the dopes he was speaking to on BSB didn't even question him on hit.

I have been asking this question a million times on STs ,well at least a 5 or 6 times.
For what its worth I was at a RL function on friday and spoke to someone who should know and he told me that DCE is not on the same deal. For some reason the actual figure is a state secret so who knows but not 1.2M (Ironic isnt it that in a club that leaks like a sieve that particular crucial part of the cap has not emerged ).I heard Rothtool when he said that it was in a very vague way and the dopes he was speaking to on BSB didn't even question him on hit.
I was under the impression the new deal was in the $900-1m ballpark. Presumably closer to seven figure sum.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8