The game of the Season?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Worth noting that ABC radio commentary labelled this game the best one so far in 2007. They stated it was high quality and both sides played well. I only heard the game on the radio and it sounded very exciting.

Great to hear cynics like Warren Ryan crowing about how good Manly are!!!

Great that we could win this one and it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Listened to the ABC call aswell CW. What a mess of garbled commentary. Never knew where on the field the play was at or who had the ball. Stangled the bottle of red, I did.

Yep, that was game of the season by far.

I haven't seen on played half as quick or half as tough as that one. And the 1 point difference really was a good indication of the distance between the sides.

I watched it... It was easily the best game i've seen all year and even sweeter that Manly won.

Neither team was giving an inch... our blokes amazed me... they showed so much heart it was unreal... we were defending our line and blokes were going down injured but players just kept turning up to repell the storm. Sensational stuff.. makes you proud to be an eagle!

Awesome game, I chucked the tape in just in case and it will never be taped over

The 1st 10mins defence after HT convinced me we can go all the way this year, it was Origin/Test style foory and Kite, Watmough, Matai and co were just smashing them

Did anyone else notice that by the end of the second half Matt Geyer was constantly having a little look around to see where Steve Matai was when he was having a hit up.

Listened to the ABC call aswell CW. What a mess of garbled commentary. Never knew where on the field the play was at or who had the ball. Stangled the bottle of red, I did.

Mate that bottle of Red was probably the reason you didnt know what was going on thanks to the ABC commentary, but not your bottle, but the bottles in the ABC commentary box! :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I had to kill the commentry from Laurie Daley when watching the replay. It was getting painful. I wish I could have synchronised the ABC commentary somehow.

I had to kill the commentry from Laurie Daley when watching the replay. It was getting painful. I wish I could have synchronised the ABC commentary somehow.

how biased was this prick! When the robbo try went to the video ref he gave every possible reason as to why it was not going to be a try, then later on when slater was held up over the line he found every reason as to why it was going to be a try! what a cock :evil:

While on the ABC, dont take too much notice of their calls on Manly anymore, although 1 of them did interest me

When we get a penalty, why do we have Orford kicking for the line and making 15m when we have others with bigger boots on them ?

When we get a penalty, why do we have Orford kicking for the line and making 15m when we have others with bigger boots on them ?

I'd imagine it is simply because he is the captain and it is his decision to take that kick.

Monas/Burns both have bigger boots than Monas and would be much better options when it comes to kicking for touch, but I can only assume that Orford out-ranks them and overrules....

I'd imagine it is simply because he is the captain and it is his decision to take that kick.

Monas/Burns both have bigger boots than Monas and would be much better options when it comes to kicking for touch, but I can only assume that Orford out-ranks them and overrules....

But Hasler outranks Orford! It just seems dumb to me when both MM & Travis have a signifigantly bigger kick than Orford.

Its a stange one.

Monas consistently hoist it 60m so he'd be the best choice.

Maybe Orford is more accurate or something. Des doesn't strike me as the kind of coach who's interested in risky long kicks down field. Just get it out and get on with the play.

I deadset can't stand listening to Warren Ryan. On Sat night he tried to make this lame joke about how people in the Peninsula don't drink like people in the West (ie he was trying to call Manly supporters 'soft'). You could tell it pained him to even be at Brookie, let alone Manly on top of the ladder. What a knucklehead. I would listen to 702 if he wasn't there, coz I can't stand listening to Hadley or Roach anymore, even Darryl Broman has sold out and isn't nearly as funny anymore. I much preferred him when he was more self-deprecating, and less trying to be like the others.

Sterlo was full of praise for the game on the Sunday morning Footy Show- he said it was easily the best game of the year involving the best two teams- and the better team won- you can’t ask for more than that.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2