The funny side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There is a funny side to all this drama, although humour of course is perceived differently by different folks. For me:

1. The outrage with which fans predictably greet a losing team. I know, the idea is to win, it's probably just me, ignore this one.

2. the jumping to conclusions. This doesn't really need elaboration, just scan the thread titles from the past couple of days. Conspiracy theories abound. It horrifies and appals some, to me they are funny.

3. The doom and despair. Again, I hate to ridicule the emotions of others. Your feelings are valid, I accept your feelings, I'm so sorry you are down (yet can't help laughing, oops). Seriously folks, we are at Round 7, if this happened at Round 22 I'd be worried. Consider, we may not even be in the running by round 22 so you are probably gnashing your teeth over nothing.

4. The tips on how to fix it up. This one is truly hilarious. I won't try to explain as I'd just crack up laughing and my typing is bad enough as it is.

Suffice to say, look on the bright side. You don't have to, but I recommend that appreciating the humour in this situation may actually help!

There is a funny side to all this drama, although humour of course is perceived differently by different folks. For me:

1. The outrage with which fans predictably greet a losing team. I know, the idea is to win, it's probably just me, ignore this one.

2. the jumping to conclusions. This doesn't really need elaboration, just scan the thread titles from the past couple of days. Conspiracy theories abound. It horrifies and appals some, to me they are funny.

3. The doom and despair. Again, I hate to ridicule the emotions of others. Your feelings are valid, I accept your feelings, I'm so sorry you are down (yet can't help laughing, oops). Seriously folks, we are at Round 7, if this happened at Round 22 I'd be worried. Consider, we may not even be in the running by round 22 so you are probably gnashing your teeth over nothing.

4. The tips on how to fix it up. This one is truly hilarious. I won't try to explain as I'd just crack up laughing and my typing is bad enough as it is.

Suffice to say, look on the bright side. You don't have to, but I recommend that appreciating the humour in this situation may actually help!

It’s been the comedy channel at times, but I get that people go through emotions in different ways!!

It's not the losing I can't handle and what stirs the emotion, it's the way we are losing. Failing to address the factors and having the smarts and desire to rectify what we can control - our application and effort. If you havnt seen something to be be concerned or even slightly miffed about in the last three weeks, then you arn't watching closely enough.

Usually positives can be drawn from a loss, which would then provide a bit of hope for fans that bouncing back isn't to far away. But I can't think of a single positive, can you?

Unfortunately, tragedy begets comedy. Tragedy may be over extending, but it fits my point about the comedy you seem to have found in this.

Congrats.
You're the first to reach the next stage.
Hysterical.@:D
lol

Chez's 40/20 was pretty nice... I like the look of Paeska too, goweski is looking pretty good also. Would love to see these guys when the team is pumping. At the end of the day it's footy and it can't be much worst than the 2016 season.. The difference will be Lyon and matai this year however. Gonna be some exciting times ahead that's for sure

See the funny side for me is that 6 players went to a titty bar in Gladstone. Of all the places to go and see boobies our clowns chose Gladstone.

So I guess the end of season trip will be to Pattaya.

or maybe Bundyberg

The funny side is that we fine enough players we will get half the salary cap fine

We can't all be sage, wise old know it alls. Thanks for your patronizing wisdom though. What was the funny side again, I missed it? You do realize this is a footy forum right. If people can't vent here, what's the point?
Oh people have the right to vent,the same as people have the right to laugh at people having a vent,then people can vent again about people laughing at their right to vent,and then the people doing the initial laughing laugh some more.....it is a ridiculous never ending loop.....(always makes me laugh).Not having a go Terry....

far_sideb.jpg

We're footy fans :rofl:

The funny side to all this is the company of all the characters on this Silvertails forum that make our rough start to the season worth while .
Log on to this forum and you always log off with a smile on your face .
fbfd0bdd97423083c8c8c5007b9088d3.jpg

Yes, if 1 - 4 apply to you as a supporter, 'leave now!'

You are not, and never will be, true supporters!

We can't all be sage, wise old know it alls. Thanks for your patronizing wisdom though. What was the funny side again, I missed it? You do realize this is a footy forum right. If people can't vent here, what's the point?

Exactly, this one certainly likes to put himself on a pedestal. He should be a life coach! (but at least he patronises us with a good dose of humour).

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8