The figures that will make Geoff Toovey smile

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
THEY are the impressive statistics that will be put a smile on the face of Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey in the countdown to the finals.

Sea Eagles backrowers Anthony Watmough and Jamie
Geoff+Toovey+qtbfCYPIFP3m1.jpg
Buhrer have sent out a clear message that they are both ready to make a big impacts at the business end of the season.

The two forwards produced workaholic performances in Sunday's 15-12 win over the Titans on the Gold Coast.

In his 62 minutes on the field Watmough made 15 runs for a total of 167m, seven tackle breaks and 32 tackles.

Buhrer played the full game and ended up 17 runs for 151m, five tackle breaks and 30 tackles.

Watmough is a proven big game player whose presence has the ability of lifting the players around him.

His hard straight running on Sunday gave the team go-forward when it was needed.

"He definitely had a fantastic game," Toovey said.

The coach said Watmough was still struggling with his match fitness after coming back from a four-game suspension incurred during State of Origin.

And that made his effort on Sunday all the more commendable.

"The more games he plays leading into the semis the better he will be," Toovey said.

The quiet achiever Buhrer has make the most of his opportunities as a member of the starting side in the absence of the injured Glenn Stewart.

"He has been playing some good footy and improving every week

The big plus to come out of Sunday's game for Toovey was the side's defence following last week's comprehensive defeat by Souths.

"In the conditions it was quite hot and steamy after they had the rain the night before," Toovey said.

"It was a pretty impressive effort from all our forward pack.

"We were under the pump there and I was really pleased with our defence.

And he will be looking for the players to improve their handling on Friday's game with Parramatta at Pirtek Stadium.

"In the first half our completions were terrible, they have been not so great for the past few weeks," Toovey said.
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/the-figures-that-will-make-sea-eagles-coach-geoff-toovey-smile/story-fngr8iii-1227028324262?nk=98d1fe49f8dbbe9f1e1f95504a21b053

The big test for our forwards will come when we meet Souffs and the Dogs again. Both have huge packs and got on top of us.
To the forwards' credit we more than matched Easts' forwards, who are big.
It's the size of opposition packs, more so than their ability, that worries me most.

The Who said:
The big test for our forwards will come when we meet Souffs and the Dogs again. Both have huge packs and got on top of us.
It's the size of opposition packs, more so than their ability, that worries me most.

Well the Dogs will be without Sam Kasiano for the rest of the season as he has been ruled because of an ankle injury that willl require surgery this week.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sam-kasiano-ruled-out-for-rest-of-the-nrl-season-20140820-1063yx.html and
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-sport/canterburys-kasiano-gone-for-season-20140820-3dzx6.html

Jethro said:
The Who said:

Well the Dogs will be without Sam Kasiano for the rest of the season as he has been ruled because of an ankle injury that willl require surgery this week.

They've been without Frank Pritchard for much of the season and still have a monster pack with Klemmer, She-Rex etc. Good thing big isn't always best.

I can't see us playing the Dogs again this season. They won't finish top 4 & probably will be bundled out in an elimination final.

The thing I really liked about Buhrer on the weekend was how pissed off he got when he lost the ball. That's the kind of intensity that will rub off on the rest of the team come finals time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4