The Fainu and Trbojevic Dynasty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I wouldn’t mind Morgan Harper sticking around!

And not so sure Josh is a 7... thoughts?
Agreed. Harper gets better every week, was impressed with his attacking footy last year but his defence has been phenomenal since entering the team this year.

Similarly, although I love the idea of Josh and Fainu being our halves pairing don't know if either are a natural 7.

These brothers are all Superstars in the making.
Most have seen the Massive potential of Manase, but wait there's more!!
His younger brother Latu is very similar in every attribute including great speed and power and a real competitor and plays in the halves (as did Manase in juniors), give him 2 -3 years and will be in theTop 30 no doubt, he atarred in the undefeated Manly junior reps and was best in the final series by a way, even though he played up a year.
The 2 other Fainu boys are far bigger in size and play in the front row, mixing agility with big motor's that are perfect in the modern game.
We all recognise the value of the Trjobovic brothers, I tend to think these boys are every bit as important to Manly, big call and fairly unproven, but just personal opinion.
The future certainly lookes exciting as between the Fainu and Turbo bros, it's half a footy team, blessed with speed, power and Massive footy ability.....Keep an eye out for the Fainu bros, certain to see them all make the grade in coming years.
There were a couple of big keys to the Fainu's coming to Manly including John Hopoate who coached Manaise early and his manager Mario Tartak, who recommended he stay at Manly for far less money than he was being offered from rival clubs.
The Des Hasler return was integral, as again his manager felt he would bring out the best in Manaise...and the thing is, it's like a package deal, you sign the eldest Fainu and it's far more likely to hold on to the youger Brothers also....the future looks bright with these youngsters coming through !!

These brothers are all Superstars in the making.
Most have seen the Massive potential of Manase, but wait there's more!!
His younger brother Latu is very similar in every attribute including great speed and power and a real competitor and plays in the halves (as did Manase in juniors), give him 2 -3 years and will be in theTop 30 no doubt, he atarred in the undefeated Manly junior reps and was best in the final series by a way, even though he played up a year.
The 2 other Fainu boys are far bigger in size and play in the front row, mixing agility with big motor's that are perfect in the modern game.
We all recognise the value of the Trjobovic brothers, I tend to think these boys are every bit as important to Manly, big call and fairly unproven, but just personal opinion.
The future certainly lookes exciting as between the Fainu and Turbo bros, it's half a footy team, blessed with speed, power and Massive footy ability.....Keep an eye out for the Fainu bros, certain to see them all make the grade in coming years.
There were a couple of big keys to the Fainu's coming to Manly including John Hopoate who coached Manaise early and his manager Mario Tartak, who recommended he stay at Manly for far less money than he was being offered from rival clubs.
The Des Hasler return was integral, as again his manager felt he would bring out the best in Manaise...and the thing is, it's like a package deal, you sign the eldest Fainu and it's far more likely to hold on to the youger Brothers also....the future looks bright with these youngsters coming through !!
Loyalty breeds loyalty. Thank goodness Des is loyal to his players. Backing Manase and moving the family to the beaches was a very wise move.

We are definitely building and will be pushing for a premiership again soon.

I honestly think we just need to focus on retaining our kids. Blowing all our cap trying to sign a Staggs or a S'ua. I wouldn't bother. We have everything we need in our juniors.

Go through our 2011 team and you'll see, with the possible exception of Killer, there wasn't a single superstar we bought in.

We are definitely building and will be pushing for a premiership again soon.

I honestly think we just need to focus on retaining our kids. Blowing all our cap trying to sign a Staggs or a S'ua. I wouldn't bother. We have everything we need in our juniors.

Go through our 2011 team and you'll see, with the possible exception of Killer, there wasn't a single superstar we bought in.
Kite?

Get your point though and agree to an extent, still think we could do with a backrower (Sua) and obviously a hooker pending Fainu

It will be a juggling act ... clubs couldn't even keep the 2 Morris brothers together .. and the coach will need the wisdom of Solomon ... upset one, do you upset the lot ...how much power does this give the manager and players ...

But, if we can keep them all and they have the right attitude and priorities ... happy days !

Dessie is bashed relentlessly for his loyalty to his players. we must remember our last glory run had many players signing for less than they could have got elsewhere. until it all blew apart. loyalty is an integral part of salary cap management that is years in the making and not always visible on team sheet tuesdays

Kite?

Get your point though and agree to an extent, still think we could do with a backrower (Sua) and obviously a hooker pending Fainu
If we were to buy a backrower, I'd go after Briton Nikora from the Sharks. He would come cheaper and I believe is a better player. He would be an excellent addition. I love Schu and Olakau'atu; however, if Schu moves into the six next year we need another quality backrower and we don't know how Davey will recover.

not updated from yesterday, but 3 penalties for 2021

Don't think 6 again's are included in the errors or penalties ... so no stat available ... but often giving a 6 again penalty early in the set is a deliberate tactical ploy to slow the play the ball down and reset the defence ... and Jake is our go to guy to do that ... so his numbers will always be higher anyway ..

The hardest part will be figuring out which players to invest in. Size and position is an important consideration when assessing junior players.

Young Hopoate is an example of a player who is struggling after dominating the lower grades. Still, the Fainu boys are an absolute no brainer.

The pathways program is proving to be an outstanding model.

It will be a juggling act ... clubs couldn't even keep the 2 Morris brothers together .. and the coach will need the wisdom of Solomon ...
As long as it's not the wisdom of Solomon Haumono, although I'm happy we've got his nephew, Alec Tuitavake, coming through the ranks as well.

The trbojevic x fainu collab 2026

1.Tom
2.Saab
3.Feledy
4.Kolau
5.Tuipoltua
6.Latu Fainu
7.Schuster
8.Paseka
9.Manase Fainu
10.Sione Fainu
11.Olakatau
12.Ben Trbojevic
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Weekes
15.Samuela Fainu
16.Alec Tuitavake
17.Zac Saddler
Swap Latu Fainu and Schuster.

If we were to buy a backrower, I'd go after Briton Nikora from the Sharks. He would come cheaper and I believe is a better player. He would be an excellent addition. I love Schu and Olakau'atu; however, if Schu moves into the six next year we need another quality backrower and we don't know how Davey will recover.
I like Nikora, is he off contract?

I like Nikora, is he off contract?
Contract ends next year, so we could negotiate with him towards the end of this year. He is only 23 so his best years are ahead of him.

Last edited:
It’s funny to think that in 5 years we could have over half our starting team from 2 families! I know that’s a way off but it’d be great to see
Dont forget about all of us the Silvertails Manly family

But the Reality is if you are not a club member of our Legendary club
You are not part of the Manly family

Are you part of the Manly family feathered friend @Stewbojevic ?
Have you left your Legacy to our Manly family ?

*It is never too late to leave your legacy and become a part of the Great Manly family *

Attachments

• EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg
    EmG8ZOOVoAE4gM6 (1).jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8