The dream first week of finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
There’s a big difference between losing to a better side and not having a proper dig.

when your wingers show more heart than the combined rest of the team there’s something amiss..

Sorry been cranky all weekend. :)
I agree something is not okay within the squad. I hope Des can recognise this and do what needs to be done to inspire the squad.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Reminds me of 2014 when Penrith upset the Roosters week 1.

Roosters/Souths ended up on the same side of the draw.

Manly/Canterbury fought it out on the easy side of the draw to see who was lucky enough to come up against Penrith and have the privilege of getting walloped by Souths/Roosters in the GF.
Yep, but if you're not in it there's no chance of pulling off that miracle. Do you think the Bulldogs care about their form or odds going into the 95 GF?... or Newie in 97? I'd be happy to take a couple of those thrown away premierships back.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I agree something is not okay within the squad. I hope Des can recognise this and do what needs to be done to inspire the squad.
I have no inside knowledge on this but just a guess also could be the non inclusion of suli in the team ..there could a divide in the playing group as some agiting for him to be included in the squad while others don't want him.

If you have a look at us a few weeks ago to now something is just not right.

Hope there isn't anything because the next couple of weeks is a golden opportunity for our club and would hate to see us waste it.

Des it's over to you.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When Suli was injured the squad were firing. When he recovered and wasn’t getting selected the performance of his brothers started to drop.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I'd agree with you if we'd had a narrow loss against Melbourne and competed. We could say that the draw has opened up and we're building but the fact we got blown off the park like we did...it's season over whether we win against the Chooks or not.
Most also said season over after round 4. It’s the nrl, anything’s possible. 1st task is beat Easts, from there anything is possible.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
I have no inside knowledge on this but just a guess also could be the non inclusion of suli in the team ..there could a divide in the playing group as some agiting for him to be included in the squad while others don't want him.

If you have a look at us a few weeks ago to now something is just not right.

Hope there isn't anything because the next couple of weeks is a golden opportunity for our club and would hate to see us waste it.

Des it's over to you.
Fark really??? One loss and things are amiss in the squad??? Gee we looked pretty f$&@en happy a week ago tearing the a$&& out of the Cowboys no? How bout we played like f$&@en s$&@, dropped ball in key moments and were playing the best club to go around in like, well near on history! We’ll be better next week and if we’re not, we’ll to bad season over! And its still a successful year! Bring in Easts as I for one think we are gonna tear em apart!

Kevinward777

First Grader
Fark really??? One loss and things are amiss in the squad??? Gee we looked pretty f$&@en happy a week ago tearing the a$&& out of the Cowboys no? How bout we played like f$&@en s$&@, dropped ball in key moments and were playing the best club to go around in like, well near on history! We’ll be better next week and if we’re not, we’ll to bad season over! And its still a successful year! Bring in Easts as I for one think we are gonna tear em apart!
Unbelievable isn't. One bad game and suddenly there's a rift in the squad. All because - Suli - the guy these sooks have been calling fat and useless all season isn't getting picked. I just shake my head in wonderment, waiting for them to flip back when we win.

Des was a numbnut for not selecting Harper earlier - now he's a numbnut because Harper's in the team. You wouldn't want some on here to be watching your back.

I have no idea why anyone is worrying about Souths and this being the dream passage. We need to just focus on the Roosters and beat them then worry about Souths. There really is no excuse for not beating the Roosters. They are so down on troops. I know they are playing tough and that is great for semis but seriously if we can't beat them this week there is seriously something wrong. But yes lets focus on this week. Worrying about who after is moot if we don't get through this week.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was only speculating and yes I agree I do not think it the real issue we played so poorly that's what happened but I was trying to have a guess as to maybe one option why.

I agree with your post 100%

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Notwithstanding our loss we still have an great opportunity due to the Riff getting beaten. When playing well we are a better side than the current team the Roosters can field. It doesn't get any harder than last week so the boys know what they are in for and that they have to lift to compete. Des will try to get into their heads and get them ready. Des can do it.

AlxFromNthNarra

Rarely does big posts worth reading....maybe
There is a study that showed Domestic Violence rates go up around Football finals time and State of Origin in Australia. Such a proud statistic....

Meanwhile on the Northern Beaches, there was a study (maybe) that showed on the Northern Beaches, the amount of doom & gloom ****posting on Silvertails went nuclear after a Manly loss....

....to the form team of the comp who had a record-equaling run of consecutive wins through-out the year, scored the most pts ever scored, had the largest for/against pts differential at the end of the year ever, and scored 40+ pts the most times of any team in any season ever - including most recently against us. The form team who read all week in 'expert' media release how they would be dismantled by a 24 year-old prodigy they would be powerless to stop....

....and that same useless Manly team may as well not show up to the next game, the season is done - even if we beat the Rooters apparently. And regardless it doesn't matter, our young team is done even if we limp home against a team that is one step short of being euthanised anyway. We won't even play our best player who we are letting go to the Dragons, and they will obviously win the comp next year with him. All coz Coach has lost the dressing room, the brotherhood is split and never reforming, our young fellas are too simultaneously gassed, we have no team harmony, no respect for the ball or the opposition or the fans/the coach/Igor, and there are obviously problems between individuals in the team. Our mental game is off, we are just partying up in lockdown, the team doesn't care and the season is pretty much a complete failure anyway.

Now all that's out of the way - Manly by 20+ this week!!

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
The real issue was the game plan was wrong and once heads dropped, Storm put the foot on the throat.....and the scary part imo, they still had some in reserve and pretty much coasted against us.
Manly set out as they had against Cows, Dogs ect but this was a HUGE problem....due to the resilience and toughness of a ruthless Storm side, had to match some muscle and play through Storm before playing lateral....maybe get a few bumps and give out a few bruises, but toughness first is paramount.
Reckon the Chooks will face a far more physical Manly side this week - if not, really don't deserve to be there the week after.

Jerry1

First Grader
Unbelievable isn't. One bad game and suddenly there's a rift in the squad. All because - Suli - the guy these sooks have been calling fat and useless all season isn't getting picked. I just shake my head in wonderment, waiting for them to flip back when we win.

Des was a numbnut for not selecting Harper earlier - now he's a numbnut because Harper's in the team. You wouldn't want some on here to be watching your back.
I don't think it was the one bad game. It was when we had it. Finals footy. This is when you should be standing up & hitting your straps. If you look at all the other teams who played all of them had a go & gave it their all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14
11 6 5 -38 14
12 6 5 36 13
11 5 6 47 12