the draw, the IC and there first appointment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Read a few things lately about game scheduling that has made me wonder. Firstly I was unaware the NRL had scrapped the pool system when scheduling the draw. It was as i remembered each team ranked 1-16 based on previous years standings. Everyone played eachother once with all the odd number teams and even number teams playing twice based on the rankings

Now everyone plays eachother once and then nominates some teams they want to play twice. This allows clubs to schedule more local derbys and gtrudge matches , with the hope it increases revenue.With many clubs facing financial uncertainty they opt for these games, While often the gate receipt is a joy to the bean counters, it makes the on field job more difficult as these derbies and grudge matches often are more physical, more personal and upsets are more likely

Sides like brisbane played the least amount of top 8 teams on last years rankings while other teams played as many as 4 more games against top 8 teams in a season. Every year the movers and shakes mix this puzzle up a bit as spooners become top 8 and top 8 become cellar dwellars, But no doubt there is an advantage

I suppose my point here , is that maintaing the bronx as a one team town ensuring profitability they can chose the best option for the team rather than for the bean counters,

And melbourne, who will be finacially viable due to recieveing a leg up courtesy of the other clubs are doing the same. A club that loses millions per year can also shoot fiireworks off after every try and have pre match entertainment . Its laughable althiough I admit to not laughing at the thought

The first appoinment toward the IC should be Even Steven, until this, Monday nights scheduling are shared etc Mr stevens has to be the first man picked.

First Appointment - announce full draw for 2012 Season

Second Appointment - announce WA Reds and Sth Brisbane as new teams

Pretty simple isn't it

Imagine if one of the NRL owners that happened to have a vested interest stalled making a final decision on the commissioners until after the new media rghts deal had to be done. Tsk tsk.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8