The Crowd for Brookie (Lottoland) this Sunday v’s Parra?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Eagles Nest 78

Reserve Grader

The Reserve Seating looks to be selling out at Brookie (Lottoland). You hope we hit the 15,000 to 16,000 crowd range? The Weather looks great and we hope the sea breeze keeps it below 30oC (it should)! A warm day with the NRL 'kick off' at 4.10pm.

What was the last time we got over 18,000 crowd at Brookie for a game as the official crowd?

Last edited:
Honestly if we do not get a "house full" sign at Lottoland this Sunday, then I will be embarrassed as a Manly supporter and also worried about our long term future. Big crowds at every home game may just convince someone one day that the ground is worth upgrading!!

Manly's Largest Crowds at Brookvale Oval v’s Parra ... some good ones !

Crowd Played Against Date / Year

27,655 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 31-Aug-86

24,156 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 1-May-83

24,031 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 4-Jul-82

22,746 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 25-Jul-97

20,507 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 29-Apr-79

20,047 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 10-Apr-77

20,030 Manly v Parramatta Brookvale 9-Jul-78

It would be great if got a photo or a video of this one in August 1986:

I was in the Southern Stand, but the Brookie hills were packed 75% of the hill had to stand for the whole game to fit everyone in !!

Anyone can post a photo or video from this game ?? .... we lost though !

It would be great if got a photo or a video of this one in August 1986:

I was in the Southern Stand, but the Brookie hills were packed 75% of the hill had to stand for the whole game to fit everyone in !!

Anyone can post a photo or video from this game ?? .... we lost though !
Unfortunately got done 22 - 6. Then lost the minor-semi the following week to Balmain. From memory, Cliffy got sent off in that final.

She was a crowded Brookvale Oval day back in August, 1986 !

It will be a hot one at Brookie for this Sunday !

Sydney’s high is going to be 33oC and saying the coast is high of 32oC !!! For Kick Off you hope in might be in the very high 20’C

The Reserve Seating looks to be selling out at Brookie (Lottoland). You hope we hit the 15,000 to 16,000 crowd range? The Weather looks great and we hope the sea breeze keeps it below 30oC (it should)! A warm day with the NRL 'kick off' at 4.10pm.

What was the last time we got over 18,000 crowd at Brookie for a game as the official crowd?

Stats eh? And you haven't asked me directly? I'm offended. Ask and you shall receive:

20,510 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - April 2013
20,414 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Storm - August 2011
20,163 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Bulldogs - August 2006
19,944 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Eels - May 2007
19,856 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - July 2011
19,785 Rugby League NRL Finals: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - September 2007
19,253 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - August 2006
19,227 Rugby League NRL Finals: Sea Eagles v Dragons - September 2008
18,970 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Eels - July 2008
18,674 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Roosters - March 2004
18,654 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Panthers - August 2014
18,640 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Storm - May 2007
18,637 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Dragons - September 2007
18,442 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Storm - August 2008
18,331 Rugby League NRL: Sea Eagles v Rabbitohs - April 2005

I'd say the capacity is a lot lower than in past years, even though the grounds specs are no different. Those horrible little snotty nosed OHS/WHS etc turds running around waving their compliance papers, hissing, spitting and snarling saying that if there is not 1 person to every 3sqm, fingernails will be broken, and the ensuing infection will set of a disastrous plague that will engulf the world leading to the end of humanity.

Never mind the common sense approach...Q/"anyone ever injured in the crowd when the numbers when 20k+" - A/"nope" - Outcome/ "alright, good to go, open the gates, just keep the Parra fans off the piss"

Last edited:
I'd say the capacity is a lot lower than in past years, even though the grounds specs are no different. Those horrible little (in mind) OHS/WHS etc turds running around waving their compliance papers, hissing, spitting and snarling saying that if there is not 1 person to every 3sqm, fingernails will be broken, and the ensuing infection will set of a disastrous plague that will engulf the world leading to the end of humanity.

Never mind the common sense approach...Q/"anyone ever injured in the crowd when the numbers when 20k+" - A/"nope" - Outcome/ "alright, good to go, open the gates, just keep the Parra fans off the piss"
Sure this might be the case but when was the last time it was a sell out at Brookie? Lets face it, less fans go to the ground nowadays.

Sure this might be the case but when was the last time it was a sell out at Brookie? Lets face it, less fans go to the ground nowadays.
Yep, all pre Foxtel and HDTV

I would think that was back in the days where you could sit where ever you wanted on thehill

We got a crowd of over 20,000 against Melbourne in 2011 when the fight broke out and I think we got a fairly large crowd , perhaps over 18,000 when we came from behind in the last seconds to beat Penrith in 2014

If Manly can't get a packed out stadium for the first home game of the season against old rivals Parra then the club is obviously in trouble.
The club needs a packed out crowd.
The players need a pack out crowd.

I hope it happens.

Yeah agree. I still worry when you go onto TicketMaster for a single Adult ticket (with the booking fee) is:

$73.28 (Reserve A)
$52.89 (Reserve B)
$35.55 (GA)

Those prices do scare people away, but hope we get a good crowd and the beer is cold ! The temp will be high 33oC at Brookie on Sunday !

Last edited:
The only opposition teams that bring more than a handful of supporters to Brookie are the Dogs and Souths. The Manly bean counters need to give away team supporters some incentive to venture over the bridge. 10 or 20% discount on the inflated ticket prices for members of the away team perhaps.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8