The Council Threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
Regardless of history and what led up to this situation, it is fair to say the motion put up to the Council vis a vis the use of Brookvale Oval is a massive threat to Manly's future. 

The motion is nonsensical, if Council were to approve it, they would be unable to carry out the suggestions, but if they tried they would destroy the club's financial viability and also virtually force the NRL to demand the "franchise" play anywhere but Brookvale.  That's my reading of them anyway.

Thus I read the motion as little more than a devious way for this psychologist to get the place shut down to top flight Rugby League to open the way to make it into the kiddie's utopia she seems to desire.

Can I suggest:

1.  Anyone living within the confines of the local Council listen to vidmar and company to find a way to be a very vocal dissenting voice to the motion.
2.  Out of towners flood the Council with emails and letters to help them understand the significant financial benefits of the club to the local region.

Well why don't they just put a motion to not renew the lease of Brookvale to the Sea Eagles and see how that flies instead of playing ducks and drakes ? Oh that's right, these are low life politicians we are talking about.

Do you think there is any chance this Dr Kirsch has had dealings with McGurk or "Honest" Graeme Richardson that we can use to our advantage.

Very bad luck that this comes up after our season has finished, making it a lot harder to easily get signatures on petitions etc from 1000's attending finals games. Yes, what a coincidence. This makes it a bit harder to organise on a rank & file fan level.

This is a political manoeuvre and will require a political response - based on dollars and cents, not emotion. The councillors behind the motion obviously have scant respect for the history and cultural significance of the Sea Eagles, or rugby league in general.

So it becomes a big test for the club(s). The Sea Eagles need to quickly rally formal support from Football Club, all the junior leagues, the Leagues Club, sponsors, the NRL and whatever support rugby league has at state government level – behind a strong unified response to the proposals.

Does anyone know what is the real motive of these councillors? Is it to get more $ from the Sea Eagles, or to reclaim the oval for other purposes?

What is the length of  the current lease on Brookie? I assume the term is not finished, so these councillors are using their co-operation with the upgrade as a lever to renegotiate better terms on the existing lease.

From the report in the Sunday's papers it would seem they want to redevelop the Southern end, outside the ground.  Is that such a problem?   

Kirsch motivation is she wants a park next to her house which will be nice for her and raise the value of her house.

I would not be suprised if next year she is planning have pittwater road and everything to its east dug out so he has a beachside house with ocean views

Fluffy link said:
Kirsch motivation is she wants a park next to her house which will be nice for her and raise the value of her house.
  surely she would have to disclose a conflict of interest then?

Matabele link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=181777.msg242679#msg242679 date=1253403240]
  surely she would have to disclose a conflict of interest then?
[/quote]

Can someone raise this with her please?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8