The Chronicles of Croker ... (The Lazarus man)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well we have 29 players we can choose from and Paseka, Turbo, Waddell, Fainu and Walker are out whilst hoppa is being nursed

Winterstein left with no confirmation on whether Olukatu (sp?) has taken his spot.

That leaves 22......meaning Croker beat out Kioa

Not really an indication that Des has high hopes for him

In isolation you have a point .... but the fact the kid was even given a development contract after his contract expired and after 3 knee reconstructions .... and then without even getting back on the park ... Dessie raises him into the top 30, taking a very valuable spot ...... tells me that Des does in fact hold out some hopes for him .... and to repeat ... to lift him into the top 30 sight unseen .... those hopes are big ones ...

Not a poor judge but cap so tight he had to put someone in. .

Please .... I would like to think that Desmond thinks a bit harder than that before he offers contracts and promotes people into the all important top 30 ...

Please .... I would like to think that Desmond thinks a bit harder than that before he offers contracts and promotes people into the all important top 30 ...
Ok let's leave it as Des (and obviously you) rate him and not many others who have seen him play do. Des is the coach he signs the players he wants and will be judged on it just like Barrett was. If Des plays him before Cust I will start to agree with people who think the game has passed Des bye.

Ok let's leave it as Des (and obviously you) rate him and not many others who have seen him play do. Des is the coach he signs the players he wants and will be judged on it just like Barrett was. If Des plays him before Cust I will start to agree with people who think the game has passed Des bye.

I don't know whether I rate him or just admire his persistence and toughness .... From what I have seen he seems fairly limited in attack ... good in defense ... and as determined as all hell ...

It is the fact he is still with us that intriques me .... I would have offered 100/1 that we had seen the last of him when he did his third knee and was only on a one year deal ..... but here he is ....

As I said .... how good is this kid?

Not a poor judge but cap so tight he had to put someone in. We will see this time next season Des will have a squad closer to what he wants and I doubt Croker or Hodkinson figure in that future.

Cap is partially De$$ies fault. We had Stewart, Matai Lyon etc on backended contracts which had to be worked around with other backended or poor player on overs (eg Jono Wright, Nate Myles). Sirro and Walker were reportedly backended to fit under the cap earlier in their stint as well.

DCE and one of Elgey, Cust or Metalfe appears to be the favoured option. Fainu and Api at nine. I can’t see Hodgkinson or Croker being here next season if those players are. Still, he has shown drive and commitment to get himself into a position where he is a chance of playing this season, all things considered.

DCE and one of Elgey, Cust or Metalfe appears to be the favoured option. Fainu and Api at nine. I can’t see Hodgkinson or Croker being here next season if those players are. Still, he has shown drive and commitment to get himself into a position where he is a chance of playing this season, all things considered.

I never rated Croker on his past performances but this year is a new year and he could very well be a new player as well .

Looking forward to his progress . Good luck to him as his improvement will be our improvement .

I expect that Des has great admiration for Croker’s tenacity in circumstances of adversity - serious injuries and his dedication and determination in rehabilitation. The right type of temperament for the team in general. Young Croker and all of the squad just need some luck in avoiding long term injuries. Go boys do us proud!

If Des trained Hodkinson at hooker during the off season we might have had a poor mans Peter Wallace (ex-half with bad knees becomes creative hooker)
But I think Croker could be moulded into a similar role and play beyond this season so give him a run at hooker and see if his attack is good enough to handle the occasional diversion from our 6 and 7

I’m overthinking this but I have a vision of where Des could take froggys game..
Just need more coffee to explain it better :/

Personally I saw little to inspire confidence that Croker has what is needed at 5/8. He seemed to stunt the backline, that functioned fluidly out side of Green ( I accept there were changes but the backline looked ineffective). His attack was fair, his defence quite reasonable. Maybe we can blame Barrett again, but I just go the sense he was out of his element. When I look at the ability of Schuster to set play up (granted its a lower grade but the skill reveals itself) and then Croker, its plainly obvious what is missing...skill as a 5/8. I hope Manly are right in keeping him and that the offseason and Des can remake the kid. But I'm not optimistic.

Personally I saw little to inspire confidence that Croker has what is needed at 5/8. He seemed to stunt the backline, that functioned fluidly out side of Green ( I accept there were changes but the backline looked ineffective). His attack was fair, his defence quite reasonable. Maybe we can blame Barrett again, but I just go the sense he was out of his element. When I look at the ability of Schuster to set play up (granted its a lower grade but the skill reveals itself) and then Croker, its plainly obvious what is missing...skill as a 5/8. I hope Manly are right in keeping him and that the offseason and Des can remake the kid. But I'm not optimistic.

Buggered if I know why he’s in the top 30 and we let Tommy Amone go ( who I think has a big future).

And it’s not like we are loaded up with great forwards just waiting for a chance is it??

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4