The Chronicles of Croker ... (The Lazarus man)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
How good is this kid ....... Obviously Dessie has a much higher regard for him than many (of the numbnuts) on this forum ....

Edit ... Or Dessie is playing one of the best games of ducks and drakes ever ...

Last edited:
It was pretty clear that Supercoach completely curtailed any possible spark Croker may have produced last year.
The instruction was clearly to simply be a link man, and tackle anything within arms reach, which Croker did competently.

The first time he came out with a running game he looked fantastic, then got injured 20 minutes later.

He has what it takes imo. You cant teach tough.

Would like to know if Croker has been doing much dummy half work at training ..... a future hooker maybe?
Would rather Croker coming on at hooker than Hodgko....but once Fainu is back will be the option well ahead of both.
Didn't think Croker was too bad last season - his defence was actually damn good, attack lacked good service to the outside men but he done ok until injured.

I don't think Froggy has had chance to show what he is capable of yet. I saw some glimpses of potential in a very limited role he was given by TB. Happy to give him benefit of the doubt for now.

Well we have 29 players we can choose from and Paseka, Turbo, Waddell, Fainu and Walker are out whilst hoppa is being nursed

Winterstein left with no confirmation on whether Olukatu (sp?) has taken his spot.

That leaves 22......meaning Croker beat out Kioa

Not really an indication that Des has high hopes for him

Well we have 29 players we can choose from and Paseka, Turbo, Waddell, Fainu and Walker are out whilst hoppa is being nursed

Winterstein left with no confirmation on whether Olukatu (sp?) has taken his spot.

Yeah........but besides that.....@:p

Is this déjà vu? It seems that we have the same dilemma as last year with barely being able to name a full 21...

How good is this kid ....... Obviously Dessie has a much higher regard for him than many (of the numbnuts) on this forum ....

Edit ... Or Dessie is playing one of the best games of ducks and drakes ever ...
Maybe Dessie can see a bit of himself in the way a fully fit Croker can play.
A good Working type of half with solid defence .
The young bloke deserves a season without injury...

Kioa not named anywhere so would appear unavailable as well

I don't think Froggy has had chance to show what he is capable of yet. I saw some glimpses of potential in a very limited role he was given by TB. Happy to give him benefit of the doubt for now.

Most of the supercoaches would disagree and were howling at his selection from about round 2 onwards

My compliant last year was that Hastings was IMO a far better player and more experienced than Croker. I considered Croker's selection ahead of Hastings at that time as poor decision making. I don't resolve from that but that does not mean that I consider Croker to be a poor player nor does it make me a numbnut.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4