The case for Des' bench selection - Willo and Dunners both there

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

I know we've all bagged Des for having these two guys together on the bench, but think about it this way - our backrow rarely comes off during the game, so basically we're only subbing two props. Why then have anything more than two props on the bench? They can just rotate themselves - King and Kite go off, two props come on, King and Kite go back on, etc. Dunners and Willo usually play at the end of the halves - Willo to tackle his heart out and relieve the backrow of some work, and Dunners to make yards against tiring forwards. It sought of makes sense in a way, and seems to be working. It looks like Des is playing to a set strategy here.

Can't say I'm a fan of Willow ahead of Cuthbo, but did you see Willow's tackle on Utai???

Utai was in the open expanses with no-one else to beat, and Willow smashed him front-on stone-cold. A dead-set try-saver.

That was a PHENOMINAL tackle by Willo - you could have mistaken him for a certain Manly great in headgear. Would Cuthbo have made that tackle? Probably not. Not saying this is a reason to play Willo ahead of Cuthbo, but just saying that each brings something different to the table.

Dunners offers nothing when he comes on and relieves Monas of hooker. See the kicking at the start by Monas at dummy-half? Had the Dogs' back three lost.

I agree. It pained me to see Monas come off. Dunley does offer more of a spark from dummy-half though, but we lose a second kicking option, as well as more creaticity near the line. It also must be a bit demoralizing for Monas.

But even his 'spark' of late has been lacking. Time to go, Dunley.

I agree. It pained me to see Monas come off. Dunley does offer more of a spark from dummy-half though, but we lose a second kicking option, as well as more creaticity near the line. It also must be a bit demoralizing for Monas.

I doubt it is demoralising, just about every hooker in the game gets relieved at some point.

Yeah, but not a former captain and 80 min player. But I s'pose that's the way it's going these day.

Have you considered a reason why Monas can provide spark at dummy half is that he doesn't play 80 minutes non-stop?

Sprinters, not marathon runners, are better at making breaks.

Can't say I'm a fan of Willow ahead of Cuthbo, but did you see Willow's tackle on Utai???

Utai was in the open expanses with no-one else to beat, and Willow smashed him front-on stone-cold. A dead-set try-saver.

He'll do it all day... on ya willo

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4