The bullies win....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
In a nutshell, theses dirty dogs dominated almost every contact in attack and defence....
There was no great gameplan...almost simple really...we will run harder , hit harder , break down that steely resolve so often crediting a Seaeagles victory.
The Dogs had both sides of the fiels spread out to the paint then simply played direct footy punching holes straight thru us...ensuring only 1 or 2 man tackles allowing a touch footy like play the ball....
Manly defended best when condensing the defence line, pushing the big sluggish Dogs to play more sideways and into error when not allowef to punch thru the line.
Some seen the game differently, we should have gone wide more often ect ti tire out their big pack, but the truth is, its still essential to work a big pack over with direct option runners prepared to cop some bumps and bruises and this did not happen.
This accompanied by a great kicking game destroys a big pack, not playing around them.
Not overly concerned as the mongrel tempo will be up 300% with Choc and Stewart back so anyone doubting our fowards will be happy come Sept imo.
DCE...massive difference but they had 2 halves out.
Taufua...his impact in a Tough game like this , almost the perfect player to bend or break this style of game open.
Always despised bullies....but unfortunately last night my Silvertail friends....they had it their way ...and got away with it.

maxta said:
In a nutshell, theses dirty dogs dominated almost every contact in attack and defence....
There was no great gameplan...almost simple really...we will run harder , hit harder , break down that steely resolve so often crediting a Seaeagles victory.
The Dogs had both sides of the fiels spread out to the paint then simply played direct footy punching holes straight thru us...ensuring only 1 or 2 man tackles allowing a touch footy like play the ball....
Manly defended best when condensing the defence line, pushing the big sluggish Dogs to play more sideways and into error when not allowef to punch thru the line.
Some seen the game differently, we should have gone wide more often ect ti tire out their big pack, but the truth is, its still essential to work a big pack over with direct option runners prepared to cop some bumps and bruises and this did not happen.
This accompanied by a great kicking game destroys a big pack, not playing around them.
Not overly concerned as the mongrel tempo will be up 300% with Choc and Stewart back so anyone doubting our fowards will be happy come Sept imo.
Taufua...his impact in a Tough game like this , almost the perfect player to bend or break this style of game open.
Always despised bullies....but unfortunately last night my Silvertail friends....they had it their way ...and got away with it.

Unfortunately , raw power better will to win and everyone writing you off will beat silky ball handling skills every game . Btw did Steve Matai even play ?

Las Vegas Blvd said:
maxta said:

Unfortunately , raw power better will to win and everyone writing you off will beat silky ball handling skills every game . Btw did Steve Matai even play ?

Yep made a couple of big mistakes at crucial times

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Las Vegas Blvd said:
maxta said:

Yep made a couple of big mistakes at crucial times

As did Brett, Lyon and Foran.

When you senior heads make bad calls and mistakes this really hurts the junior guys

I think it all comes down to the articles on this front page - the best is yet to come and the hornet's nest.

I think the players read this and thought all they had to do was turn up and win.

I love Manly with a passion but guys I know you had a big game last week against the chooks and won but you have to back it up every week.

I know the referees gifted two tries to the dogs but we should never be in a position to rely on the mistakes of the referees.

Better luck next week. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4