The Bruise Brothers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just noticed we have made 4,881 tackles for the season to date. Froggy has made 672 and Jake 626, a total of 1298 combined. Thats 26,6% of all tackles for the team, what workhorses ay ? I noticed Jake ran 40 meters across field to high five Froggy when he made a try saver on the line against the Storm, obviously they value each others efforts. I hope Des does, after the Cowboys game Froggy is not so much under the radar, their combinations numbers premierships are built on I reckon.

While on the Croker train, I will firstly say the addition of Fainu would instantly make Manly a Far stronger side....but credit to this bloke.
Personally felt Croker was a bloke thrown into the 9 and had a resume that lacked many of the needed attributes and though still down a few area's, has improved greatly right down to being more of a running threat from dummy half.
What has really impressed me with Croker defensively, is not just his numbes....there has been several tackles in 2022 where an opposition attacker has been stopped in tracks and cut in half instantly thinking "Jake" till I realise the man is Croker.

Just noticed we have made 4,881 tackles for the season to date. Froggy has made 672 and Jake 626, a total of 1298 combined. Thats 26,6% of all tackles for the team, what workhorses ay ? I noticed Jake ran 40 meters across field to high five Froggy when he made a try saver on the line against the Storm, obviously they value each others efforts. I hope Des does, after the Cowboys game Froggy is not so much under the radar, their combinations numbers premierships are built on I reckon.
That 's commendable especially for Froggy . Yet the side has leaked some really unacceptable level of points in many games this season . Letting an also really unacceptable amounts of off loads in some games as well which has really proven unhelpful . Premiership winning tackling efforts from Jake and Froggy , overall team defence has improved recently but need Jake "s and Frogy "s consistency to really get that premiership edge . Manly have had some terrific individual forward defenders over the years but in terms of Bruise brothers , probably hard to go past Cement and Ian Roberts in the same era

While on the Croker train, I will firstly say the addition of Fainu would instantly make Manly a Far stronger side....but credit to this bloke.
Personally felt Croker was a bloke thrown into the 9 and had a resume that lacked many of the needed attributes and though still down a few area's, has improved greatly right down to being more of a running threat from dummy half.
What has really impressed me with Croker defensively, is not just his numbes....there has been several tackles in 2022 where an opposition attacker has been stopped in tracks and cut in half instantly thinking "Jake" till I realise the man is Croker.
Not sure how the overall fitness level of Manly players are [ but obviously should be sufficient ] but Froggy 's and Jake "s level must be right up there . Probably more of a natural tendency for Jake but Froggy to his real credit has really worked his butt off to be at that excellent fitness and endurance level .

Not sure how the overall fitness level of Manly players are [ but obviously should be sufficient ] but Froggy 's and Jake "s level must be right up there . Probably more of a natural tendency for Jake but Froggy to his real credit has really worked his butt off to be at that excellent fitness and endurance level .
I would add DCE and could be the 3 fittest players at Manly
But what about Foran, written off as busted and maybe get through half a season and he is up for every game, even when Manly are down....in this case comes down to a bloke who is a Warrior of the game - will be a big hole to fill in many ways come 2023.

I wonder with his elite level defence if he could fill walkers role as a bit of a lock forward type. You could start the game with him playing at hooker and bring on fainu after 20 minutes off the bench to go to dummy half while croker acts as a third playmaker in the middle. Could help with link play to a wider schuster and do some of the organising from the middle that Foran has the past couple of years.

The Bruise Brothers perspective

I would rather us focus on being genuine Ball Breakers !

We need to start bruising more top 8 teams to qualify as genuine premiership force Ball Breakers

Unfortunately that is a sad indicator that the rest of the forwards are lazy Susan's and mirrors our tough season so far in 2022.

Unfortunately that is a sad indicator that the rest of the forwards are lazy Susan's and mirrors our tough season so far in 2022.
I think thats a bit harsh, been a few others aiming up out there too. The object here is to highlight an obvious combination doing a great job in defense.

These two accounted for 25% of our tackle count again last night with Schmole right up there. Knights came out strong early and were camped in our half. These guys ate really laying the platform for us ATM. If another couple of forwards can raise the defensive bar , we will be right up there with to top teams.

These two accounted for 25% of our tackle count again last night with Schmole right up there. Knights came out strong early and were camped in our half. These guys ate really laying the platform for us ATM. If another couple of forwards can raise the defensive bar , we will be right up there with to top teams.
Thought that Manly "s defense was a real highlight last night , some very impressive attack but the intent and effectiveness in the tackling department seemed to really set the game up for a final Manly dominance . Probably only one serious misread in that Ponga try . Good knights pack as well and more then a few sharp attacking players . If Manly can keep up that type of driving and solid defence across the park , should be really able to take it to the better sides or any other remaining opponents . Good point however for the likes of Keppie, Marty , Sipley or other bench forwards to get to or maintain that vital level of solid ruck defence

Thought that Manly "s defense was a real highlight last night , some very impressive attack but the intent and effectiveness in the tackling department seemed to really set the game up for a final Manly dominance . Probably only one serious misread in that Ponga try . Good knights pack as well and more then a few sharp attacking players . If Manly can keep up that type of driving and solid defence across the park , should be really able to take it to the better sides or any other remaining opponents . Good point however for the likes of Keppie, Marty , Sipley or other bench forwards to get to or maintain that vital level of solid ruck defence

Definitely more intent in defence which was the most pleasing part of the win. We really hurt them.

The thing I liked about our bruise brothers against the knights

Was that they were very committed to the task and kept cruising and bruising for the full 80 minutes

I hope they can keep this up and keep laying the foundation for wins in future games

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6