The blessings of not being at Brookvale...

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

captainskin

Reserve Grader
... last week and this week (vs Dogs)

With the amount of rain Brookvale and Sydney (and the rest of NSW) has received, the Olympic stadium will be one of the dryer grounds to soak up the rain.

I know it is sacred to play at the 'fortress', but give the boys a run on a dry field in a big stadium while the fortress dries up.;)

Has anyone got a helicopter we can use to dry out our ground before matches? (mines broken)

shame you will need binos to see the game from olympic park if you are to sit under cover there.

Yeah I recall getting drenched there quite a few times, rnd1 in 2009 vs the Dogs out there was as bad as it gets.

I'm never happy about having to go out to Homebush, there are no positives.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Has anyone got a helicopter we can use to dry out our ground before matches? (mines broken)

Maybe you can ask Dick Smith. As a long time resident of the area he must be a Sea Eagles supporter.

Cr Kirch would probably think the wet field is a good thing because it makes it a multi-purpose venue - Brookvale Oval and Aquatic Centre.

MadMarcus said:
Cr Kirch would probably think the wet field is a good thing because it makes it a multi-purpose venue - Brookvale Oval and Aquatic Centre.

There's also the wetlands eco angle...........

eagles2win said:
Just out interest has anyone been to the re vamped Druggie ground yet?
Looks pretty good on tv.

Yea, I have been to the Newcastle International Sports Centre twice this year - both times for free as I'll rarely pay to goto a big footy game if my team isn't playing.

Yea, with the newer western grandstand pretty much finished, which is pretty similar to the eastern one, and both ends' "hills" being retained, overall the place is pretty good.
I noticed the audio is improved, as it's more "within" the large stands and reverberates a little nicely across the ground as a result.
There's not TAB facilities as yet tho apparently there will be, and anyone can wander around the entire ground via the applicable path as you wish, which is good.
There is always an unnatural amount of Knights-Supporting Idiots you have to put up with, but geez it's sweeeeeet when you tip & barrack for the visitors and they win there.

Lookin' very much forward to the Knights v Manly game there (3pm Sunday 17th July) when hopefully we have very few if not no injuries and we really put them to the sword on their home turf.

ssar said:
eagles2win said:
Just out interest has anyone been to the re vamped Druggie ground yet?
Looks pretty good on tv.

Yea, I have been to the Newcastle International Sports Centre twice this year - both times for free as I'll rarely pay to goto a big footy game if my team isn't playing.

Yea, with the newer western grandstand pretty much finished, which is pretty similar to the eastern one, and both ends' "hills" being retained, overall the place is pretty good.
I noticed the audio is improved, as it's more "within" the large stands and reverberates a little nicely across the ground as a result.
There's not TAB facilities as yet tho apparently there will be, and anyone can wander around the entire ground via the applicable path as you wish, which is good.
There is always an unnatural amount of Knights-Supporting Idiots you have to put up with, but geez it's sweeeeeet when you tip & barrack for the visitors and they win there.

Lookin' very much forward to the Knights v Manly game there (3pm Sunday 17th July) when hopefully we have very few if not no injuries and we really put them to the sword on their home turf.

If Brookie ever get's a revamp that it badly needs it should model itself of this field

the brookie version wouldnt need as many needle bins as the newcastle one.
i live down the road from the ground, (walking distance) it is a decent ground, shame about the people in the ground really.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8