The biggest kind of Manly loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what a great legacy to leave , a loved father ,a Surf Life Saver and a true Manly supporter ,remember the good the times Nicci .
Al the best to you and you family

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Kind words really do help at times like this.
I forgot to mention that Dad's Manly jersey and cap had pride of place at his Service and the his one-eyed support for the Sea Eagles got a special mention in his Eulogy.

On July 30 my family said goodbye to my Dad, Tommy V. A lifelong, proud and vocal Manly supporter. He took me the hill at Brookie at an early age resulting in me becoming obsessed with the Sea Eagles and nothing has changed to this day.
Dad was right. The opposition is always offside and all referees need glasses. I'll try to keep them in check for you Dad but they're running riot this year.
Dad was the longest serving member of Freshwater SLSC. They lowered the flag for 3 days for him when he passed. At his service last Friday there was a poppy ceremony for him as he was an ex-serviceman. The family got presented with an Australian Flag for his service and I'm the lucky one who gets to keep his flag which I'll frame and display with pride. Currumbin RSL also lowered the flag for Dad last Friday.
I'll be watching the game for both Dad and I now. There is no doubt he had the traditional Manly fighting spirit.
Love you and miss you. RIP Dad xx
My condolences to you and your family.
Might sound cliched, but passing of time does help.

On July 30 my family said goodbye to my Dad, Tommy V. A lifelong, proud and vocal Manly supporter. He took me the hill at Brookie at an early age resulting in me becoming obsessed with the Sea Eagles and nothing has changed to this day.
Dad was right. The opposition is always offside and all referees need glasses. I'll try to keep them in check for you Dad but they're running riot this year.
Dad was the longest serving member of Freshwater SLSC. They lowered the flag for 3 days for him when he passed. At his service last Friday there was a poppy ceremony for him as he was an ex-serviceman. The family got presented with an Australian Flag for his service and I'm the lucky one who gets to keep his flag which I'll frame and display with pride. Currumbin RSL also lowered the flag for Dad last Friday.
I'll be watching the game for both Dad and I now. There is no doubt he had the traditional Manly fighting spirit.
Love you and miss you. RIP Dad xx

An awesome post and a great tribute to undoubtable a great Manly Supporter! Well done Niccipops!

Sorry for your loss Nicci.
Ive heard you talk about your Dad in glowing terms in
previous posts.
He was obviously a great Dad.
I talk about my daughter sometimes in regards to
introducing her to the game and Manly in particular, and the fun times we had with the travelling supporters group.
I would hope when it’s my time to go, that my daughter would talk
about the football connection we have in as loving terms as you did with
your Dad. Condolences to you and your family in this time of bereavement.

Sorry for your loss Nicci.
Ive heard you talk about your Dad in glowing terms in
previous posts.
He was obviously a great Dad.
I talk about my daughter sometimes in regards to
introducing her to the game and Manly in particular, and the fun times we had with the travelling supporters group.
I would hope when it’s my time to go, that my daughter would talk
about the football connection we have in as loving terms as you did with
your Dad. Condolences to you and your family in this time of bereavement.
Thanks Wombat. I'm sure your daughter is very grateful for the Manly connection with you.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4