The biggest kind of Manly loss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
On July 30 my family said goodbye to my Dad, Tommy V. A lifelong, proud and vocal Manly supporter. He took me the hill at Brookie at an early age resulting in me becoming obsessed with the Sea Eagles and nothing has changed to this day.
Dad was right. The opposition is always offside and all referees need glasses. I'll try to keep them in check for you Dad but they're running riot this year.
Dad was the longest serving member of Freshwater SLSC. They lowered the flag for 3 days for him when he passed. At his service last Friday there was a poppy ceremony for him as he was an ex-serviceman. The family got presented with an Australian Flag for his service and I'm the lucky one who gets to keep his flag which I'll frame and display with pride. Currumbin RSL also lowered the flag for Dad last Friday.
I'll be watching the game for both Dad and I now. There is no doubt he had the traditional Manly fighting spirit.
Love you and miss you. RIP Dad xx

On July 30 my family said goodbye to my Dad, Tommy V. A lifelong, proud and vocal Manly supporter. He took me the hill at Brookie at an early age resulting in me becoming obsessed with the Sea Eagles and nothing has changed to this day.
Dad was right. The opposition is always offside and all referees need glasses. I'll try to keep them in check for you Dad but they're running riot this year.
Dad was the longest serving member of Freshwater SLSC. They lowered the flag for 3 days for him when he passed. At his service last Friday there was a poppy ceremony for him as he was an ex-serviceman. The family got presented with an Australian Flag for his service and I'm the lucky one who gets to keep his flag which I'll frame and display with pride. Currumbin RSL also lowered the flag for Dad last Friday.
I'll be watching the game for both Dad and I now. There is no doubt he had the traditional Manly fighting spirit.
so sorry for you loss and my thoughts go out to you and your family in this diffcult season of life.

No words can alleviate the sense of loss you have suffered, you can draw comfort from loving memories and good times like on the Brookie hill as he passed his love of Manly and life onto you, his legacy.
He will live on with you and within you.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

I'm real sorry for your loss Nicci. For not 1 but 2 clubs to lower their flag certainly shows how respected your father was. Add a poppy service and a flag presentation and there's not much higher praise to be given your Dad. Surf life savers are an awesome category of people. Volunteers who risk their lives for strangers. Amazing people.

But all that aside I know you'll be remembering and missing, simply put, your Dad.

My condolences to you and your family, may you all hang strong together in this sad time.

I am lost for words to try and console you as losing a Dad is a loss that can never be replaced

The invaluable consolation you have is the great loving and inspirational memories that your great Dad has left you with that you will treasure for the rest of your life

Be of great comfort that great Manly people like your great Dad do not just pass away
They Soar straight to Heaven like all Great Sea eagles do and their spirit forever lives on :h:
header.jpg

Last edited:
@niccipops your Dad sounds like a top bloke, you've got every right to be proud of him. He gave you a pretty amazing gift though, a love of the mighty Manly Sea Eagles. Every time you watch them play you'll be reminded of him, how cool is that ?

Plus I'm guessing you spent plenty of time at Freshie as a kid ?? Great beach that one, one of my favourites

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4