The big issue out of last night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Seriously, how bad is Hadley...............i know its been discussed to death but far out!

I never watch the second game unless Manly are playing due to Hadley and the ads and i nearly wanted to turn it off.

Plus why is Fittler in the box? I like Fittler, i think he is a lovable idiot but the sideline is the extent of his capabilities

I think Hadleys eye sight is on the way out. Quite a few times he called things wrong that were clear as day on the TV and the ads, 4 minutes per break.

Some of the penalties that were given last night i thought were for nothing at all. It seems that in today's game they have gone overboard in giving out penalties especially in the play the ball area. Getting hit around the head i can understand as it will teach players to keep it below the head but this thing about staying on the tackled player is going to far. We clearly have players milking penalties and that is destroying the game in terms of 1 side getting to the other side of the field without having to work for it and that takes away viewing pleasure from my point of view. The penalties are deciding who wins instead of hard work and soon there will be nothing else to watch but this.There are players that have not even got to their feet and are just acting like they are hypo to get up and then fall down again when an arm is just extended by the tackler. Hopefully in the next few games we can get our pride together and play with a little more determination.

I think Hadleys eye sight is on the way out. Quite a few times he called things wrong that were clear as day on the TV and the ads, 4 minutes per break.

He can call whatever he wants on radio and listeners will be none the wiser but tv shows him up.

Some of the penalties that were given last night i thought were for nothing at all.

Agree. Scratching my head at a few given for both teams last night. One I rewound to watch again and still no idea.

Hadley isn't interested in questioning or explaining what the penalties are for either.

Also it seemed like the ref was calling out Manly tacklers by name the instant the player hit the ground then MOOOOVE! while when Manly had the ball he was focusing on telling the defensive line when they could move up - "Hold hold".

Consistent through the whole game.

Seriously, how bad is Hadley...............i know its been discussed to death but far out!

I never watch the second game unless Manly are playing due to Hadley and the ads and i nearly wanted to turn it off.

Plus why is Fittler in the box? I like Fittler, i think he is a lovable idiot but the sideline is the extent of his capabilities
How do you reckon we feel when a Qld team is always on 1st and we always get the Sydney game at 9.30. I record it and get up early the next morning. Hadley is not a patch on Vossy.

Hadley is pathetic. I don't know how he got a run on ch 9. He commentates how he runs his radio show. He thinks you just talk longer and louder and you must be right.

When this bloke got punted from the footy show back in the 90's all he did was bag nine on his radio show.Now his back calling league what a hypocrite.

His joke of a show on the radio (only listening because of the DCE situation) has been going for nearly 2 hours not 1 mention of the DCE story.

He has Bozo (he wouldn't comment I would expect) with him so I would have expected him 2 at least ask a question but no.

Bozo did mention our pygmy forward pack and said he likes big boppers like the dogs (his words)

His joke of a show on the radio (only listening because of the DCE situation) has been going for nearly 2 hours not 1 mention of the DCE story.

He has Bozo (he wouldn't comment I would expect) with him so I would have expected him 2 at least ask a question but no.

Bozo did mention our pygmy forward pack and said he likes big boppers like the dogs (his words)
It's a pity Toovey doesn't like them

Also it seemed like the ref was calling out Manly tacklers by name the instant the player hit the ground then MOOOOVE! while when Manly had the ball he was focusing on telling the defensive line when they could move up - "Hold hold".

Consistent through the whole game.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this!! What the hell is going on with that? How come 2 sides are refereed so differently?? As Toovey would say "there's gotta be an investigation into this!"

Kalvin said:
I thought I was the only one who noticed this!! What the hell is going on with that? How come 2 sides are refereed so differently?? As Toovey would say "there's gotta be an investigation into this!"
Only one team was reffed last night.

Despite the refereeing there is no argument surely that we didn't deserve to win last night. At times we were embarasingly poor.

Gotta agree watching chooks v storm we are in trouble when we play chooks are forward will be nothing but a speed hump, we are lacking big time up front major major issue.....

No excuses most of our players are just not up to NRL standard .

The players we have that are of NRL standard are all wearing track suits. I've never seen it this bad in 40 years of supporting Manly.

What we need to do is simplify what we're asking players to do. Simple boring stuff and get a bit more aggressive in defence. We haven't pushed a opposing player back in a tackle all year.

No excuses most of our players are just not up to NRL standard .
Disagree. Our structures have been failing partly because new players are coming in and we don't have an experienced core group in the forwards to hold it all together.

I think some people underestimate the value of the front row. Last year we had Lawrence and Starling pretty much all year. Take away Choc on top of the front row and that is pretty much starting a new pack from scratch.

I think each of our players could do ok coming into an established side, but we haven't had that luxury due to player losses and injuries.

The morale issue has I think been overplayed but it wouldnt be helping either.

I cant stand any coverage on Nine. They ruin they game for me. They come off as unprofessional especially Fittler, Johns and Finch. Its obvious they have their favourite teams Souths, Roosters, Penrith leading that with Parramatta coming up.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6