The big game on Friday at Bookie is.....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Not Manly vs Melbourne but Norths v Manly at 3.30 pm.

The traditonal grudge match in on again. ;D 

2 Points, firstly what a ridiculous time for a football match, for lots of Manly fans, and I suspect Bears fans this is an important match. Not sure if it was last year or the year before but Billy Slater was playing for the Bears and they were getting absolutely hammered by Manly and Slater just couldn't do a thing right. The verbal sprays towards Slater has he stood behind the goalposts whilst another conversion was being taken were with hearing.

Secondly will this be the last ever Manly/Bears clash. With Manly committing players and funds towards a feeder team on the retirement coast of Qld I am assuming we will not have a Premier League/Reserve Grade and or Jim Beam Cup side next season playing in Manly colours.

Nothing like a Norths/Manly clash (even if it is reserve grade) to stir memories of past clashes. 

Unfortunately at that time there will probably be two men and a dog there to watch it (althoug the Norths site indicates a few will be taking the afternoon off work to watch it). 

It will be interesting to learn if we will have a NSW cup side next year or if indeed this will be the last ever Norths/manly clash.  Sad if it is and it deserves to be played before the Fg game.

I have heard a rumour that the Toyota cup might be increasing its age to 21 next year.  Pity norths are not allowed to field a toyota cup side.

I notice the Bears met with Gallop to start the process of re-entry via the Central Coast.  But then proceeded to admit that name and colours would be up for public ballot.

Typical useless, bumbling Norths.  No strategy and no regard for history.  If that's the best hope the NRL has for expansion they need to get onto the phone to Tolouse. 

Matabele link said:
I notice the Bears met with Gallop to start the process of re-entry via the Central Coast.  But then proceeded to admit that name and colours would be up for public ballot.

Typical useless, bumbling Norths.  No strategy and no regard for history.  If that's the best hope the NRL has for expansion they need to get onto the phone to Tolouse. 

How do you know this Mata ? i don't want to ever see them back in the NRL.

eagle_predator link said:
[quote author=Matabele link=topic=178050.msg191998#msg191998 date=1217842053]

How do you know this Mata ? i don't want to ever see them back in the NRL.
[/quote]

They are comming back just to piss you off eagle_predator

THE North Sydney Bears secretly met NRL boss David Gallop during the week to begin a campaign for a return to big-time rugby league.

Gallop took time out from one of the most tumultuous weeks in league history to meet Bears CEO Greg Florimo and chairman Barry Glasgow at NRL headquarters. So, are the big black Bears back on the road again?

Florimo said it was a positive meeting and the first step towards a possible comeback. "We basically wanted to remind the NRL we were still around,'' Florimo told us. "It was a good meeting. Everyone knows that eventually there's going to be a team on the central coast. If the opportunity arises, we've got to be ready to jump. We've obviously got a lot of work to do, but it's a start.

"If we end up on the central coast, it would be very much like the Titans model where the community was involved in the naming of the team, the jersey and things like that to give them a feel of ownership.'' Gallop agreed it was a positive meeting and said a central coast team was a definite option in the future

*sniggers*  It all sounds so hopeful (not).  Greg Florimo made his first grade debut in headgear to cover up an injury sustained from falling off his skateboard.  He's gone backwards from then if anything.

If people want comedy surely they should just listen to the rubbish on commercial radio in Sydney?  Why put the bears fans through so much pain again.  It's not humane.

Corso_Pete link said:
2 Points, firstly what a ridiculous time for a football match, for lots of Manly fans, and I suspect Bears fans this is an important match. Not sure if it was last year or the year before but Billy Slater was playing for the Bears and they were getting absolutely hammered by Manly and Slater just couldn't do a thing right. The verbal sprays towards Slater has he stood behind the goalposts whilst another conversion was being taken were with hearing.

Secondly will this be the last ever Manly/Bears clash. With Manly committing players and funds towards a feeder team on the retirement coast of Qld I am assuming we will not have a Premier League/Reserve Grade and or Jim Beam Cup side next season playing in Manly colours.

I was there mate. Slater had a shocker that day. Manly put 40 odd on them, and Slater was dropping balls left, right and centre.

I was one of the one's behind the goal posts giving it to Slater (sorry Tooks...just couldn't back the Bears mate anymore).

Was a great day.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Corso_Pete link=topic=178050.msg191938#msg191938 date=1217814734]

I was there mate. Slater had a shocker that day. Manly put 40 odd on them, and Slater was dropping balls left, right and centre.

I was one of the one's behind the goal posts giving it to Slater (sorry Tooks...just couldn't back the Bears mate anymore).

Was a great day.
[/quote]

That's Ok Ryan.  Slater isn't really a norths player anyway and deserves what he gets.  In fact the whole team is really a souths reserve grade team playing in red a black colours.

No wonder they lost last years grand final in the last 60 seconds.  Typical souths team  ;D

Actually Slater hasn't had too many happy times at Brookie, he also copped a broken cheekbone last year I think.

Hopefully the nightmares continue this weekend.

PS Are the Norths fans going on Friday arvo going to have the pre match gathering in the Phone Box outside Brookie Post office???

PS2 While they are down Brookie way they can go have a look at our Trophy room to see what a 'post depression' premiership trophy looks like

Yes they will be in the "phone box next to the one full of Melbourne supporters. 

Judging by the team that norths have picked Manly should win by 30.  Any team with Nigel Vagana, jeremy Smith and Dean widders hasn't got much hope. 

1. Samu Wara
2. Nathanael Barnes
3. Shaune Corrigan
4. Nigel Vagana
5. John Tamanika
6. Charlie Herekotukutuku
7. Jeremy Smith
8. Ryan Verlinden
9. George Ndaira
10. Luke Grant
11. Dean Widders
12. Yileen Gordon
13. Greg Nichols

Interchange:

14. Daniel Sayegh
15. John Koborsi
16. Valu Nasio
17. Mitch Williams

I have found something for you and lush to do on the 3rd of October if you are free.

THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO PLAY GOLF WITH A MIGHTY BEARS LEGEND

The North Sydney Bears Rugby League Club is hosting a Golf Day at Chatswood Golf Club on the 3rd of October 2008, as a part of their Centenary Year Celebrations. The day will consist of a four ball Ambrose, with a Bears Legend available to play with each and every team. Some of the Bears Legends Available for the day include:

Billy Moore
Greg Florimo
Gary Larson
Mark Graham
Barry Glasgow
Ben Ikin
Don McKinnon
Fred Teasdell
Jason Taylor
John Adam
John McArthur
Josh Stuart
Mark Cannon
Matt Seers
Michael Buettner
Phil Ritchie
Simon Brockwell
Steve Hanson
Steve Mayoh

I know you would choose between the last two who were your favourites. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6