The big Bronco pokie gamble

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bazeagle

Bencher
WTF ..... unless they were all explicitly banned from leaving the hotel ..... what have they done wrong ....they were'nt playing at 8am in the morning ....
Oh Woodsie...they weren't banned from leaving their hotel rooms. They were simply behaving like loads of blokes their age - banging the machines.....

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Whilst I’m enjoying the “ beat up “ it’s seriously a joke to expect young men , away from home , who have completed their sponsor duties , team dinner and team meeting to at 8.30pm have to all go to bed quietly like you are expected to do when you’re 10.

The fact that a bunch of them decided to blow a few $$$ on the pokies ( could have been sitting at a TAB betting on the trots ) and being hauled over the coals for it is utter bull****.

Last edited:

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Whilst I’m enjoying the “ beat up “ it’s seriously a joke to expect young men , away from home , who have completed their sponsor duties , team dinner and team meeting to at 8.30pm have to all go to bed quietly like you are expected to do when your 10.

The fact that a bunch of them decided to blow a few $$$ on the pokies ( could have been sitting at a TAB betting on the trots ) and being hauled over the coals for it is utter bull****.

But what about the children?

Ben

Bencher
Who cares if they where playing the pokies or uno. They are not 15 year old boys and not on the beers. I’m sure this happens all the time plus a lot worse. If they won would this even be looked at as a storey?

DUFFMAN

Bencher
I thought Buzz would of broken this story being at Surry Hills but being after 8pm he would of been three parts pissed and not of noticed the players.

I think this is a nothing story, even if they had a couple of beers while playing the pokies. They weren’t drunk or carry on like pork chops, plenty of time to get a good night’s sleep still.
The media carry on like they are saints where in reality they are probably one of the worst professions for misbehaving.

Love a good Donkey bash.

But come on, what a NOTHING story this is.

All I can say is, the players of the 80's and 90's are extremely lucky both social media and mobile phones were not around.

qldeagle

Bencher
The Broncos have plunged into crisis following explosive revelations six Brisbane players left the team hotel to play poker machines on the eve of their embarrassing 58-0 finals loss to Parramatta.

The Broncos have confirmed the incident and have launched an investigation into the matter.

It can be revealed Broncos stars Anthony Milford, Corey Oates, Matt Gillett, Payne Haas, David Fifita and Andrew McCullough attended a Sydney pub to play pokies just 24 hours before the club’s biggest game of the season.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...g/news-story/acb914f9c36247edd793ee800f1d5038

Eyewitnesses have confirmed the six players attended Harpoon and Hotel Harry in Surry Hills on Saturday night, just a short 350-metre walk from Pullman Sydney Hyde Park hotel where the Broncos were staying.

The six players left the team hotel to gamble without the knowledge of Broncos management, including coach Anthony Seibold.

Broncos bosses only learned of the matter on Tuesday after being informed by a media outlet.

The development will rock the Broncos and represents a terrible look for the playing group, who subsequently lost 58-0 to the Eels to record the biggest loss in Brisbane’s proud 31-year history.

Most of the group left by 11.30pm. One player stayed behind on his own and continued to play the pokies before leaving the establishment just after midnight.

(so not an all nighter , but still)
This is hilarious living in Brisbane and listening to the hype. Normally they can do no wrong.

MuzztheEagle

Bencher
Yes it's a beat up....but what if it was Manly that had gone out in that fashion and then we learned that they were out the night before. There are plenty on this thread that would be calling for heads to roll.
Fortunately it wasn't so LOL at the donkeys
giphy.gif

Go manly

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
The real story will be about the ones who were not there

Seems a bit strange that a third if the squad went out and two thirds didn’t

I bet that sneaky DCE was involved in this somehow

Bloody trouble maker

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts