The Best Ever Manly Team as voted by the posters!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
See the thread at the top - we have now finished forum voting for the best ever Manly team backs. It is a sensational backline and just considering who missed out demonstrates that.

It will be interesting to see how close the Silvertail voters get to the team to be announced at the 60th Anniversary dinner coming up.

Now we will move onto the forwards starting with the lock:

Nominees are likely to be Fatty Vautin, Nik Kosef, Mal Reilly, Ian Martin.

Have I missed anyone

Peter Diversi was a lock in the 50s who represented NSW & Aust was apparently a very good player.

What about Ben Kennedy????????

I have to put BK in - Beaver is an iconic Second Row.

Despite BKs great play for 1 1/2 seasons does anyone seriously think that he has done more than Mal Reilly! Kosef could have been one of the greats of league if the collagen in his knee was better.

Bk is a hard one, for while he's the best player, did his two years stand up to the service Fatty and other players gave. If we are talking best locks, BK, but best lock who gave service to Manly - fatty.
I can't really re-call the 70's or and era's before that.....

theres 4 very different locks at the top for me reilly, kosef, fatty and BK all of whom served the team extremely well in their own ways

for me Kosef geets my vote but its just a toss of the coin

fatty and beaver would be an awesome second row, one a tackling machine and hit up merchant, the other a try scoring freak out wide

id struggle to go past BK at lock, but then where do you put crusher ?

Reilly goes ahead of each of the others by far - I am sure the Manly Dream team will include him - he changed the way football was played and was a genius. One of the best locks to ever play for anyone.

Extremely tough. It is hard to say 2 years compares with some of the other greats but BK has been one of the best ever in maroon & white. Fatty probably gets my nod for the long service along with captaining a premiership side.

Don't forget Mal Cochrane when it comes to the hooker.

Extremely tough. It is hard to say 2 years compares with some of the other greats but BK has been one of the best ever in maroon & white. Fatty probably gets my nod for the long service along with captaining a premiership side.

Don't forget Mal Cochrane when it comes to the hooker.

agreed MB he was a champion...and a pretty good toe punt goal kickers as well

The Bomb Thrower wasn't a bad hooker either, also captain the Invincibles on the 1982 tour. You can also add Fred Jones, Sedaris and Scott Fulton

It is like a game of the old Sesame Street - One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong .....

Mal Cochrane, Fred Jones, Scott Fulton, Max Krilich, Jim Serdaris, 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8|

It is like a game of the old Sesame Street - One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong .....

Mal Cochrane, Fred Jones, Scott Fulton, Max Krilich, Jim Serdaris, 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8| 8|

lol...I'm sure the kiddies wouldn't need Big Bird or Gordon to help them figure that one out!

I initially was going to pick kosef but i think i'll select him on the bench now.. this is tough!!

Being a young bloke i haven't seen Mal Reilly play... i have seen fatty and for that reason he'll probably get my vote

I dunno about BK.. it is tough with him in there.. because he is a sensational player but has only been here 2 years :~?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2