The Ben Kennedy Effect

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly forwards have shown at times over the last couple of years they can stand up. Beating the Eels after news of Bob Fulton's passing. And the first 70 minutes last year against Cows and Storm were very good.
Just need more consistency.

We lacked that mental edge and steel that a tough competitive pack need with every forward ripping in. Let’s hope we see it in 2023.

All Seaeagles supporters know for a fact BK bought an intensity that had been lacking at Manly.
In actual fact the coaching staff feel he was the Biggest factor in the lift that produced a dominant period and record 40 - 0 GF in 2008.
Will also add through from all the coaching staff back in that time, when questioned on the amazing transformation into such a formidable 2008 side, the response was "Ben Kennedy" who had retired 2 years earlier, but left a legacy of commitment that the players all bought into.
Training went to another level and there was no BS accepted.
These are the lofty standards the side needs to replicate again, but I see no leader in the mould of BK at this stage.....hopefully the coaching staff have lifted the dwindling expectations of recent times and the intensity levels can again rise high.....I feel Flanagan is that tough old head that just may add something in this department.
I like flanno alot and we need that type of head. While Seibs is a good tactician, the revving the pack up is what we need, too much nice guy going going on

He and Joey used to party pretty hard together. I’m sure he brought that same party attitude to Manly and instilled it in the young impressionable Watmough and Stewart’s.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8