THE battle for control of Manly has taken a new twist

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I reckon we should be owned by the Russian mafia and who ever is caught leaking inside information to the press should be assassinated . lol

Peter C said:
Jono said:
The Penns would still have a seat on the board with their Leagues Club ownership.

I'd be fine with this, and the more owners we have, the safer we'll be I feel. No issues like Newcastle are having, and if it's an International Company like Kaspersky, I'd get the council to try and sell Brookie Oval to them as well. Might get the upgrade we need.

Even though they own the Leagues Club, they do not represent the Leagues Club,they are merely the landlords in a commercial situation.

Brookvale Park was bequethed to the people of Manly by the Try Family. It can not be sold, has to remain public land. That is why we have the endless consultations about upgrades that get knocked back by just a few rate payers objections. :(

Yes yes that's all very interesting....However I still have no clue as to what's really happening down on the killing floor. On intuition Penn seems a bit to prissy to be involved with League in any capacity. I suspect he applies a little lippy before appearing on camera...and Perry reminds me of a "it's your lucky day" used car salesman . Any who, who cares. We have bigger issues at hand, such as getting Victorian's to understand that "fordy-nil" is a marketable, viable, sustainable and self perpetuating brand. "40-12" is not. What's next? 34-18, 32-16, 17-12. I know they love numbers down there, every time I feign interest and try to understand who won the AFL I get flashbacks of the time I went to bingo on shrooms. I doubt Penn or Melon had anything to do with what went wrong on the pitch. We don't need footsies under the boardroom table we need a team psyche management counsellor...to be honest we need Anthony Robbins. In that 2nd half against Parra I said to my beers; "listen guys...this is bad, if we win the comp what sort of message will this leave upon young impressionable beers, tomorrows future? "That you can do a half-assed job and still achieve glory?" They concurred in unison and from then on we new we couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't win the comp...and justice was served. What did we actually think we were so much better than the rest that "Heck forget about using the good china, let alone the good good china. Actually I think we can get away with paper plates today, it's only THE QUEEN!." A touch of megalomania due to recents successes perhaps but far far far from professional qu'est-ce que c'est. But it didn't have to be that way - Enter Mr Robbins and some atitood tune up.

Big Bird said:
Yes yes that's all very interesting....However I still have no clue as to what's really happening down on the killing floor. On intuition Penn seems a bit to prissy to be involved with League in any capacity. I suspect he applies a little lippy before appearing on camera...and Perry reminds me of a "it's your lucky day" used car salesman . Any who, who cares. We have bigger issues at hand, such as getting Victorian's to understand that "fordy-nil" is a marketable, viable, sustainable and self perpetuating brand. "40-12" is not. What's next? 34-18, 32-16, 17-12. I know they love numbers down there, every time I feign interest and try to understand who won the AFL I get flashbacks of the time I went to bingo on shrooms. I doubt Penn or Melon had anything to do with what went wrong on the pitch. We don't need footsies under the boardroom table we need a team psyche management counsellor...to be honest we need Anthony Robbins. In that 2nd half against Parra I said to my beers; "listen guys...this is bad, if we win the comp what sort of message will this leave upon young impressionable beers, tomorrows future? "That you can do a half-assed job and still achieve glory?" They concurred in unison and from then on we new we couldn't, wouldn't, shouldn't win the comp...and justice was served. What did we actually think we were so much better than the rest that "Heck forget about using the good china, let alone the good good china. Actually I think we can get away with paper plates today, it's only THE QUEEN!." A touch of megalomania due to recents successes perhaps but far far far from professional qu'est-ce que c'est. But it didn't have to be that way - Enter Mr Robbins and some atitood tune up.

That dead sets sounded like one of Alan Jones ramblings

Off with the pixies BB might be but he still makes some very incisive comments about team performance this year.

Big Bird said:

I always thought I was reasonably smart BUT

WTF did that actually mean???

The comments about the team basically boil down to, we didn't deserve to win the comp this year given some of our performances. As much as I hate to say it, I can't disagree with that sentiment.

Big Bird said:

As far as ramblings with a point go Big Bird (If that is indeed your real name), I found that quite entertaining. Its as though you taped a conversation from your head on a stagger home from the pub and rewrote it word for word

Some good points ,

Say hello to your beers from me. They were on the money. But I have to go I hear my coffee calling, and he can be a spiteful bastard if i ingore him

Big Bird said:

Succinct post, however you overlooked Steve Bradbury's Gold Medal in your argument :D

Manly don't need to lay out the good china, if the other mob have no crockery at all:exclamation:

PS Loved your post, would be interested to hear what you think of Mitt Romney killing of Big Bird by stopping all funds to PBS:p

big bird: that was outstanding!!!

goodness gracious, eloquent rugby league fans!!??!! this is too much. and i love it...

anyway, maybe i shall dumb myself down and go check out the parra forums, hehehe.

Speaking of control. I wonder what the chance is that John O'Neill from the ARU will be offered the CEO job with Rugby League now that he has quit Union and 'looking for new challenges'.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4