The Backrow

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

smithy

Reserve Grader
With the team looking strong across most positions the one area of concern is the backrow. With the likely candidates being Symonds, Buhrer and Mateo it seems short of the class across the other positions. Rumours obviously have us linked to Cordner and if true I wouldn't complain although I wonder if for the money he would command we split it across two outstanding up and comers. Given Merrin got a reported 750k a year Cordner who is IMO a better player would command similar money.

Given contracts mean little in the NRL these days I think dangling this money at Bryce Cartwright and Tepai Moeroa would complete our team. Bryce obvious links to our Head of Recruitment and the fact the Panfers won't win anything in the near future should make 400k and a chance at a Premiership enticing. Moeroa, simply playing for the Speels who have wheeled in Beau Scott in his position would surely be enough but a 400k payday as well surely would seal it.

Both these players are apart of Daleys blues in waiting, both have excelled at junior Kangas level with Moeroa in the PMs XIII. I see these two as the next big things at 20 and 21 with huge rep futures ahead but without the price tag of an established SOO and Austtalan player.

I think we're gunna be ok in the backrow in 2016. Hopefully Buhrer has an injury free year: he was amongst our best until his knee popped last year (and was great in '14 as well until the same blood thing happened!)

Back row is
11.Mateo
12.Buhrer
13.Taupau

For 2017
11.Myles
12.Cordner
13.Knight
Add Cordner to this & it is tough & balanced.
Definitely agree with the opening thread about the young Parra backrower Moroa?? a potential gun wasted at Parramatta.
As for 2016
Kapow
Mateo
Buhrer
Knight
Brown
Leary as the Buhrer backup

Mark my words on Knight
Will be in the top grade in 2016
Will be a dominant forward by 2018

As for players to bring in....Cordner is super & like the Moroa call, but don't be surprised to see a move for young Cartright also

Tepai won't leave parra and Cartwright won't leave either
Who the hells Tepai & when did Cartwright tell you he would not be influenced by ex Penrith staff including his own dad??
Maybe it was Tom Wright in an interview on youtube.

Tepai won't leave parra and Cartwright won't leave either
We thought Foz would not leave us either . Manly breast fed him and made him the player he is today and look what happened . In the world of NRL anything is possible . A change of coaching staff . A change in contract dollars and maybe just a change

Who the hells Tepai & when did Cartwright tell you he would not be influenced by ex Penrith staff including his own dad??
Maybe it was Tom Wright in an interview on youtube.
Haha yeah I think we have a pretty good line into Penrith guys if we want them. If Bryce was a fan of Barrett the he'll be here if we want him. Gould just pushed their 5 year plan out to 8 which isn't going to make you confident especially when Bozo put a 6 month plan into action and finished it lol

Haha yeah I think we have a pretty good line into Penrith guys if we want them. If Bryce was a fan of Barrett the he'll be here if we want him. Gould just pushed their 5 year plan out to 8 which isn't going to make you confident especially when Bozo put a 6 month plan into action and finished it lol
I reckon there's a few CEO's wondering just how in HELL that 6 month rebuild happened lol..

Still have to wait for results to materialise...
Just sayin'

Maybe his uncle is a pretty close relation at a guess??
Also Barrett had a bit to do with him.
Then add in the simple common sense factor I put to you B2015....being 100% diplomatic, what club for similar money would you choose??
Manly or Penrith??

I said this in the mid season, but Shaun Lane from the bulldogs would be fantastic! Absloloute beast 21 6ft6 110KG off contract next season, get one up on the dogs and take him and klemmer.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4