The Aussie ashes squad

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

tractorboy

Reserve Grader
How many people on this forum got a call up. Bloody big squad for home test I must say, Surprise Kevin Rudd and John Howard haven't been picked everyone esle was.
From our point of our its a great sign.

Australian squad:
Ricky Ponting (capt), Michael Clarke (vice-capt), Shane Watson, Simon Katich, Callum Ferguson, Mike Hussey, Marcus North, Usman Khawaja, Brad Haddin, Nathan Hauritz, Steve Smith, Mitchell Johnson, Peter Siddle, Ben Hilfenhaus, Doug Bollinger, Ryan Harris, Xavier Doherty.

I took a few wickets in some backyard cricket the other day with my tweakers, so I have been put on standby.

Picking Doherty continues the Hauritz tradition of picking blokes who don't make the Sheffield shield side.  

Doherty won't make the 11 I doubt but I would be more worried with him playing then Hauritz. From what I have seen of Doherty he is a good bowler.

doherty is a 1 day bowler.

interesting tactic of naming 3 spinners where theres a chance they may not play any

Crap side that will fail to bowl teams out again.

Johnson
Bollinger
Hilfenhaus
Siddle
Harris

Hardly a bowling line up that has opposition teams trembling with fear.

Their bowling side is jsut as mediocre, Andersons last effort over here was ordinary at best.

Both teams are carrying plodders in the lower order too.

Failing to pick an attacking spinner will hurt them too.  It will be hard to take 20 wickets.  They are desperately going to need Bollinger to recover from his injury and Johnson to fund some form to make any headway. 

I think that in all but one area its fairly even. Obviously the difference is the spinner( that If they pick Hauritz). Hopefully going out to the SCG tommorrow or at some point over the next few days to watch the shield game. I want to See how he bowls. Should be good batting pratice for the Ponting if he faces him

Volley link said:
I'm going for England if Siddle gets a start.

Personally i can live with Australia losing sometimes,i mean seriously for most of my life we have been near untouchable in all formats of the game,its good to see we arent on top anymore,now i can continue going for us

Yeah, I've often gone for the opposition. I got over completely dominating.

But against England? No way. Unless Siddle gets a run.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8