The attack

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I know there are plenty of factors such as stewies contribution to attack, but I thought the outside backs got more quality ball. Either they stood deeper in attack or DCE just hangs on to it too much too often where Jamie on many occasions gave quick hands to the outside men who had soaked it up.

I love cherries running game but he often runs the backs out of space trying to be a magician with the ball . He needs to let the ball go more often

In saying that we played a depleted cowboys defensive line, stewie was on fire so DCE may have had a blinder as well, however i do think he pisses about way too much and needs to get more selective with the pill

Co incidence or not I ask you ?

For sure. They were getting quality ball both sides of the ruck. Took Hiku a bit to gel, once he did he was outstanding in the second half, getting great balls with space from Jamie, combined with his footwork....no wonder wolfman was smiling all night. Hopefully DCE will take it on board.

Regardless of the quality in the defensive line, the attack was getting better service & agree totally that sometimes with Gift/DCE less is more.
Without these 2 Manly have no chance in 2013 but at times its almost like they have to make something happen, pushing a low percentage pass. Thing is with quality such as Snake & Lyon outside, theres the luxury of early service & they will create - often in a 1 on 1 situation.
Personally like a variation because DCE/ Gift have some of the best vision & skills in the game but as shown when Manly play this expansive style of footy, we need both as a double threat & to be less predictable.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8