The Anthony Seibold Grievances MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Last year we had the " Siebs missed the pre-season" excuse.

No excuses for this season.

He has done some hiring and firing, and has had ample time with the club to get this squad into the finals this season.
No Excuses but Only accountability...

Last year according to Mestrov and quite rightly Seibs inherited a competitive finals team and Seibs failed to meet expectations and underachieved and we missed the finals

This season we have these Headlines ....

NRL FOX
Seibold set to face ‘hard questions’ after ‘diabolical’ Manly showing, head-scratching call​

Questions have been raised over the future of Manly coach Anthony Seibold after the Sea Eagles dished up a “horrific” performance in a 14-0 loss to South Sydney.

In a game veteran journalist Brent Read labelled as “awful”, Manly looked listless in attack without star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, gun back rower Haumole Olakau’atu, Jake Trbojevic and Reuben Garrick.

NRL360 host Braith Anasta didn’t mince words about the Sea Eagles after they failed to score a point against a Rabbitohs team that was also missing stars Latrell Mitchell and Cam Murray.
“The Manly Sea Eagles were horrific. Their attack was diabolical it has to be said,” the NRL360 host said.

“They looked like scoring once and then they stuffed the pass up.

“They kept going sideways, throwing block plays, they weren’t direct, they weren’t threatening, they didn’t change, they didn’t look what was in front of them and evolve or try and create different scenarios or situations.”

In Cherry-Evans’ place, Manly named Karl Lawton at halfback, with Luke Brooks remaining in the No. 6 jersey.

It was a head-scratching decision according to Fox League’s James Hooper, who wondered why the Sea Eagles didn’t blood a promising playmaker instead.
“I had concerns when I saw that Karl Lawton was named at halfback,” Hooper said.

“You have Luke Brooks in the side, he’s played halfback for the majroty of his career, I don’t know why you wouldn’t just make him the No.1 playmaker.

“They’ve also got a young gun in their set up called Jamie Humphreys, I’m surprised he didn’t get a go.

“There’s some heat going on Manly now because what is it? They’ve won two out of their last five games. It hasn’t been a great record in recent times after a really positive start.”
The Sea Eagles have won two and lost two since Seibold reportedly stormed out of a meeting with club powerbrokers after being denied a contract extension late last month.

Hooper believes there is still underlying friction between Seibold and the club, and it’s showing.

“I think there will be some hard questions asked of Anthony Seibold and we know that he’s had that blow-up with the CEO Tony Mestrov,” Hooper said
“He wanted an extension and the CEO said ‘no, you aren’t getting one in this point in time’. So there’s a little bit of friction there and they can’t get Tommy (Trbojevic) back quick enough.”

Manly sit in 11th entering Round 17, with seven wins and seven losses. They are just one point out of the eight and three points behind the fourth-placed Roosters, so there is plenty of time to make a finals push.

Manly have a much-needed bye this week but will likely get star fullback Tom Trbojevic for the Round 18 clash against the Cowboys in Townsville.
Anasta asked the NRL360 panel if the Sea Eagles coach will keep his job is the Sea Eagles don’t turn things around and miss the eight, .

Manly finished 12th last season in Seibold’s first year at the helm.
“Well I mean they finished 12th last year and then they don’t make the finals. It’s hardly a pass mark,” Hooper replied.

Read added: “I don’t think he’s gone but he’ll be under pretty intense pressure to start next year.

“Again, there’s been some extenuating circumstances this year. They’ve lost Tommy for a long period of time, he’s been a really important player for a hell of a long time and they don’t win without him.”

“I always agree with when Tommy is out because it happens a lot, but watching that game on the weekend, no matter who was in or out, Souths had Latrell and (others out) but it was the way (Manly) lost,” Anasta said.

“I know the conditions weren’t good, but it was the way they lost.”

Dion Johnson

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No Excuses but Only accountability...

Last year according to Mestrov and quite rightly Seibs inherited a competitive finals team and Seibs failed to meet expectations and underachieved and we missed the finals

This season we have these Headlines ....

NRL FOX​

Seibold set to face ‘hard questions’ after ‘diabolical’ Manly showing, head-scratching call​

Questions have been raised over the future of Manly coach Anthony Seibold after the Sea Eagles dished up a “horrific” performance in a 14-0 loss to South Sydney.

In a game veteran journalist Brent Read labelled as “awful”, Manly looked listless in attack without star halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, gun back rower Haumole Olakau’atu, Jake Trbojevic and Reuben Garrick.

NRL360 host Braith Anasta didn’t mince words about the Sea Eagles after they failed to score a point against a Rabbitohs team that was also missing stars Latrell Mitchell and Cam Murray.
“The Manly Sea Eagles were horrific. Their attack was diabolical it has to be said,” the NRL360 host said.

“They looked like scoring once and then they stuffed the pass up.

“They kept going sideways, throwing block plays, they weren’t direct, they weren’t threatening, they didn’t change, they didn’t look what was in front of them and evolve or try and create different scenarios or situations.”

In Cherry-Evans’ place, Manly named Karl Lawton at halfback, with Luke Brooks remaining in the No. 6 jersey.

It was a head-scratching decision according to Fox League’s James Hooper, who wondered why the Sea Eagles didn’t blood a promising playmaker instead.
“I had concerns when I saw that Karl Lawton was named at halfback,” Hooper said.

“You have Luke Brooks in the side, he’s played halfback for the majroty of his career, I don’t know why you wouldn’t just make him the No.1 playmaker.

“They’ve also got a young gun in their set up called Jamie Humphreys, I’m surprised he didn’t get a go.

“There’s some heat going on Manly now because what is it? They’ve won two out of their last five games. It hasn’t been a great record in recent times after a really positive start.”
The Sea Eagles have won two and lost two since Seibold reportedly stormed out of a meeting with club powerbrokers after being denied a contract extension late last month.

Hooper believes there is still underlying friction between Seibold and the club, and it’s showing.

“I think there will be some hard questions asked of Anthony Seibold and we know that he’s had that blow-up with the CEO Tony Mestrov,” Hooper said
“He wanted an extension and the CEO said ‘no, you aren’t getting one in this point in time’. So there’s a little bit of friction there and they can’t get Tommy (Trbojevic) back quick enough.”

Manly sit in 11th entering Round 17, with seven wins and seven losses. They are just one point out of the eight and three points behind the fourth-placed Roosters, so there is plenty of time to make a finals push.

Manly have a much-needed bye this week but will likely get star fullback Tom Trbojevic for the Round 18 clash against the Cowboys in Townsville.
Anasta asked the NRL360 panel if the Sea Eagles coach will keep his job is the Sea Eagles don’t turn things around and miss the eight, .

Manly finished 12th last season in Seibold’s first year at the helm.
“Well I mean they finished 12th last year and then they don’t make the finals. It’s hardly a pass mark,” Hooper replied.

Read added: “I don’t think he’s gone but he’ll be under pretty intense pressure to start next year.

“Again, there’s been some extenuating circumstances this year. They’ve lost Tommy for a long period of time, he’s been a really important player for a hell of a long time and they don’t win without him.”

“I always agree with when Tommy is out because it happens a lot, but watching that game on the weekend, no matter who was in or out, Souths had Latrell and (others out) but it was the way (Manly) lost,” Anasta said.

“I know the conditions weren’t good, but it was the way they lost.”
Anasta has his own agendas at times, I did notice the only person on the show last night that said Brooks should have tried something different was Woods.

On Monday night no one mentioned the horrible game Brooks had, that sideways movement on the left was from him, the bomb repetition was on Brooks for not mixing up the attack.

The only thing I can give Brooks is that he needs a decent edge forward on the left to help him.

Seibold is accountable for his part but the bypassing of how bad Brooks played didn’t get a mention.

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Who would be better?
We've seen the list of candidates vying for the Eels' coaching position and it doesn't contain an outstanding contender.
Would you prefer to take the punt on a ex-rugby union coach such as Cheika, an untried coach such as Ryles, or a failed coach such as Arthur?
Any suggestions?
"Who would be better" is analagous to saying that we are out of ideas. "Better" would be a coach that brings out conistently good perfcormances by the side week in and week out. "Better" would be a coach that can get the best out of his fringe players. We have managed just 2 wins from our last seven starts. As a playing group we are underachieving in my opinion. Jason Ryles, Josh Hannay Brad Arthur are three candidates out there amongst others. Sure we are not in the hunt for a coach of the calibre of Bennett or Bellamy and there are no ex Manly player coaches on the horizon, but you don't bury your feat in concrete because you feel like you are out of ideas. I haven't written off Seibold yet but gee he's close and I would expext the finish of this season will determine his future at this club.

Nordburg

First Grader
Who would be better?
We've seen the list of candidates vying for the Eels' coaching position and it doesn't contain an outstanding contender.
Would you prefer to take the punt on a ex-rugby union coach such as Cheika, an untried coach such as Ryles, or a failed coach such as Arthur?
Any suggestions?
I’d take Cheika with a couple of very good assistants,of the ilk of Henry and Hagan(not suggesting those two specifically)
Look at Bennett,he’s not an X’s and O’s type coach,he’s a man manager and gets the right assistants around him

MW66

Reserve Grader
I want to like Siebold, I really do. We need solidarity and consistency. And while there have been some good things, its the little things that matter e.g. leaking points, allowing offloads ad nauseum, giving up big leads, keeping Garrick in the centres when we have better options, not picking a half on the weekend against Souths = 0 points scored.

I really struggle to see if we have improved or not. AND if it really is a result driven business then Siebs is in trouble.

Ohgeez

I think Siebold will have the team ready for a big end of year. If results go our way we could be in the top 8 at the end of this round too. I can see Dolphins, Dogs & Cowboys dropping out the 8 soon so there is plenty of chance for us yet

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member

Sport Confidential: Rumours of big money meeting between Brad Arthur and Manly CEO Tony Mestrov shut down​

The NRL media has been hit up with shock claims of evidence to prove a secret meeting involving a sacked NRL coach and another club’s CEO, but there’s a twist to the rumours. SPORTS CONFIDENTIAL.
Michael Carayannis and Brent Read

less than 2 min read
June 27, 2024 - 12:00PM
News Sport Network

2 comments

Claims of a secret meeting between Brad Arthur and Tony Mestrov have been shut down.

Claims of a secret meeting between Brad Arthur and Tony Mestrov have been shut down.

NRL

A bizarre email lobbed into our inbox this week with a person claiming they had photographic evidence of a secret meeting with sacked Parramatta boss Brad Arthur and Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov.
The only problem is that the meeting never happened.
Mestrov emphatically denied any photo could exist because there was simply no meeting. And he backed Seibold to remain Manly’s long-term coach.
We haven’t seen the photo because the person was asking for payment before sending the image on. We’re not sure how much he wanted because we politely declined before it even got to that stage.

This column is tipping that there has been a case of mistaken identity.
Arthur did have a meeting on Monday. However it wasn’t with Mestrov. Instead it was with a Western Australian minister – Peter Tinley – who is in town and has spent the past few days picking the brains of a host of people involved in rugby league.
Arthur was happy to catch up and explain what it takes to run an elite footballing program with Arthur having an eye on potentially taking control of the new Perth side.
Sea Eagles coach Seibold has 12 months left on his deal and is under no pressure at the moment to keep his job. However, talks of an extension have been put on hold for now.

The Who

Journey Man
I speak only as a fan watching from the outside:
I give Boldy and the management credit this season for the improved marketing of the club. Launching 'The Manly Way' has given us some sort of "identity" and certainly helped Brookie crowds. As fans we have been better informed of news than previous seasons.
On field we have, generally, played an attractive standard of attacking footy. We have been resilient when playing more fancied clubs. However, we have not overcome our perennial weakness when playing in the wet, or appearing to be complacent when hot favourites.
The recruitment of Like Brookes was hailed as a recruiting masterstroke but the results so far are disappointing. Whether you can blame the coach for his average performances, or the player, is something only an insider would know.
Overall, I know this team is far better than its current position indicates. I think we will qualify for the top eight and put in a worthy performance in the finals, whilst never seriously threatening to win the premiership.

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader
Lost to eels by 4
Lost to raiders by 2
Drew with wahs
Lost phins by 6
Lost Broncs by 1

Win just one ore two of those and this thread wouldn't exist.
5 losses by a converted try or less

AND we have never been at full strength.
Problem is, we didn't win any of them. And, except for the Bronco's game, we had pretty handy leads in all of those games. The Raiders loss and the Warriors draw were particularly hard to swallow. Those were points we threw away, which has only placed more pressure on Seibold and the team at the back-end of the season.

But yeah, the margin for error is very, very slim in the NRL. A couple of moments in a couple of games can change everything.

Ryan

Journey Man
Like I keep saying, I don't see another coach doing any / much better than Siebold. For the past 10 years we've had:

Toovey
Flanagan
Monaghan
Hasler
Siebold
Ennis
Arthur
Cartwright
Monaghan
Randall
Dymock
Barrett

and a host of others coaching our squad. Apart from Toovey (with Arthur as his assistant), we've really lacked results (averaging 10th - 11th) in that span.

Who then, is going to come in with a magic wand and completely change the culture? Particularly given the different types , classes, experiences, strategies, systems of all the coaches we've already had.

It isn't the coach guys. Hell, it isn't the players either (we have some elite players). IT'S THE TEAM. Whoever is constructing, acquiring, retaining, releasing players (including depth) is letting us down. Maybe they've paid a few too much? Our marquee playing group at club level have seriously under performed. Our depth is terrible. We've lost 5 of our last 7 games again.

In my view, Siebold is okay. In my view the players are fine. It comes down to who we are signing/ re-signing. Maybe some tough decisions around team favourites need to be made in order for us to progress? I know that will upset.somw of you, but I don't think any player should feel safe (for the betterment of the team).

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Anasta has his own agendas at times, I did notice the only person on the show last night that said Brooks should have tried something different was Woods.

On Monday night no one mentioned the horrible game Brooks had, that sideways movement on the left was from him, the bomb repetition was on Brooks for not mixing up the attack.

The only thing I can give Brooks is that he needs a decent edge forward on the left to help him.

Seibold is accountable for his part but the bypassing of how bad Brooks played didn’t get a mention.

At the end of the day When coaches have their teams consistently soaring up into the top 8
All the praising starts and All the Whining and Whinging stops

You dont shut the fckers up with losing excuses
The only way to shut all the fckers up is to keep winning

Losers are Sinners
and ....
Winners are Grinners
1719463082965.png

Last edited:

Ryan

Journey Man
At the end of the day When coaches have their teams consistently soaring up into the top 8
All the praising starts and All the Whining and Whinging stops

You dont shut the fckers up with losing excuses
The only way to shut all the fckers up is to keep winning

Losers are Sinners
and ....
Winners are Grinners
View attachment 27446
You've been fired up lately mate ! Haha

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
Like I keep saying, I don't see another coach doing any / much better than Siebold. For the past 10 years we've had:

Toovey
Flanagan
Monaghan
Hasler
Siebold
Ennis
Arthur
Cartwright
Monaghan
Randall
Dymock
Barrett

and a host of others coaching our squad. Apart from Toovey (with Arthur as his assistant), we've really lacked results (averaging 10th - 11th) in that span.

Who then, is going to come in with a magic wand and completely change the culture? Particularly given the different types , classes, experiences, strategies, systems of all the coaches we've already had.

It isn't the coach guys. Hell, it isn't the players either (we have some elite players). IT'S THE TEAM. Whoever is constructing, acquiring, retaining, releasing players (including depth) is letting us down. Maybe they've paid a few too much? Our marquee playing group at club level have seriously under performed. Our depth is terrible. We've lost 5 of our last 7 games again.

In my view, Siebold is okay. In my view the players are fine. It comes down to who we are signing/ re-signing. Maybe some tough decisions around team favourites need to be made in order for us to progress? I know that will upset.somw of you, but I don't think any player should feel safe (for the betterment of the team).
Just Five (5) more trays and we would be 3rd

Those numbers don't lie.

The Who

Journey Man
But yeah, the margin for error is very, very slim in the NRL. A couple of moments in a couple of games can change everything.
The NRL administrators know that a perfect competition involves:
every club winning every home match, thus ensuring bumper home crowds plus a very even ladder. This keeps every club in the reckoning for a finals berth up until the final round...
Whist this scenario has not happened precisely this season, it is tracking pretty close for most clubs. It's why we see the trend of refs 'managing' results.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Lost to eels by 4
Lost to raiders by 2
Drew with wahs
Lost phins by 6
Lost Broncs by 1
Win just one ore two of those and this thread wouldn't exist. 5 losses by a converted try or less
AND we have never been at full strength.
Perspective Ponder time ....

When you lose you ponder what could have been
When your Good enough You tough it out and you win those tight games

No team goes through the season at full strength
The Successful teams overcome adversity and prevail

No team has ever won a Grand final at the back of EXCUSES
And No team ever will

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24