The adventure of a lifetime....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
If you are ready for the adventure of a lifetime, TRY THIS:

Enter Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq illegally. Never mind immigration
quotas, visas, international law, or any of that nonsense.

Once there, demand that the local government provide free medical care for
you and your entire family.

Demand bilingual nurses and doctors. Demand free bilingual local government
forms, bulletins, etc. Procreate abundantly.

Deflect any criticism of this allegedly irresponsible reproductive
behaviour with, "It is a cultural thing; you wouldn't understand mate."

Keep your Australian identity strong.

Fly the your national flag from your rooftop, or proudly display it in your
front window or on your car bumper.

Speak only English at home and in public and insist that your children do
likewise.

Demand classes on English and Australian culture in the Muslim school
system.

Demand a local Country driver license. This will afford other legal rights
and will go far to legitimise your unauthorised, illegal, presence in
Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq.

Drive around with no liability insurance and ignore local traffic laws.

Insist that local Country, law enforcement teach English to all its
officers.

Good luck! You'll soon be dead.

Because it will never happen in Pakistan, Afghanistan or Iraq or any other
country in the world except right here in Australia.

For we are run by soft, politically correct politicians, that are too
scared to "offend" anyone.

Holy ****, John Laws and Alan Jones have found this web site!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
There are too many things wrong with this to even be bothered to start.
:cop:

yeah ...most could probably pick this to shreds including myself...BUT it was a JOKE and meant to be taken that way.
I'm sure we could go the the path of horses for courses and the fact that we live in a lucky country blah blah blah....but it was a joke, with some elements of truth to it....

Sometimes though we laugh at things which are close to the truth.

Very hard to talk on things like this seriously without sounding like a biggot, a racist or a member of One Nation (or more lately the Liberal Party).

Sometimes though we laugh at things which are close to the truth.

Very hard to talk on things like this seriously without sounding like a biggot, a racist or a member of One Nation (or more lately the Liberal Party).
CW, there is a big difference between humour (even bad, tasteless humour) and how this particular piece is structured. It is not close to the truth.

Why I have a problem with this is because it paints a whole group of people as illegally here, demanding free things from the government, procreating madly like it is a conspiracy plot hatched deliberately, failing to obtain insurance or follow laws, and refusing to learn the language and pushing their lifestyle on every facet of our lives. Reality is so far from this nonsense and imo this is racist. Note the subtle dig at the end tying it all in to the left leaning softies who made it all possible - pure Alan Jones.

Racist humour that can be laughed at is best as one-liners where you could substitute any nationality and it is still funny. This one is deliberate in maligning today's current whipping boy - People Of Middle Eastern Appearance. Almost identical stuff came out about the Vietnamese and I remember my parents generation thinking it a hoot, but deep down there was something more insidious behind it.

Sorry for my bit of soap boxing. Like everyone I have prejudices built up by experience but made a commitment a long time ago never to write off entire groups as it is unjust and a sure sign of mental weakness. For the record I hope that the Skaf boys enjoy every minute of their 55 year sentences and praise police crackdowns on scum as much as anyone else.

firstly- it was just a joke and if I thought it would've stirred up a political/ racism debate I probably wouldn't have posted it ....secondly- if you read it through - it is more so having a pot shot at the government who, according to the author- are soft and too scared to offend anyone....

MB, ever told an Irish joke? I have an Irish background and I dont get upset at people making jokes about how dumb we supposedly are?

Sorry earl you were saying something??

My bad, I thought you were a dumb ass and I was explaining the word to you. Busy day here.......

i used this article this morning on a Ethics class I was taking - topic was Race and Racism.

Generated some excellent discussion!! (Seriously)

1. Clon, I have told lots of racist jokes - and many are very funny
2. PJ, I don't know you and I wasn't deliberately aiming to cut you down. I understand you thought it funny.
3. I just think the structure of this one, though masked as humour, hides something more than that. I didn't think I would win on this one, but sometimes you know you have to say something.
4. Gotta go, my Sensitivity Group is regathering for the next session.

Sorry earl you were saying something??

My bad, I thought you were a dumb ass and I was explaining the word to you. Busy day here.......
Im no dumb ass but seriously some of the words used on this forum , i have never heard of let alone know their meaning.
And i cant talk as my parents are English and I have Welsh and Irish running through me aswell.. I just wish i was a sporting talent, then i could pick from a few countries to play for.

MB yeah no stress- I just never expected it to get the response it did.
CW- so what did the class have to say about it?

Garts: at least you're able to sit on Bondi Beach whenever you want, then...

Like I've always said: I don't mind the Kiwis swimming over to Australia, but would it kill them to get off Bondi Beach once they land?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2