The $600k problem with Matt Lodge’s Manly deal... and why the NRL is set to act

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Forget the Lodge factor, if you agree with the move or not about him coming to Manly......
This is getting ridiculous that teams like Melbourne can grab Nofalouma, Penrith get Pengai Junior ect, yet these clowns are complaining about Lodge playing a few games as a bloke basically kicked out of the Roosters and what they pay him has nothing to do with our cap.
Don't see too many complaints, when other sides get these "fill in" players.
I would expect these media experts to be more upset over millions of dollars of talent for Manly are sitting on the sideline most seasons and we are yet to get this like for like player for Tom which EVERY other team seems to get.
The season is annoying enough without all this stuff, any half chance these a** clowns are down Manly's throat ..if it's not Ennis and friends it's this dud.
At least wait till we are dominating again before the kicks at every corner, was shocked to see this story about an "unwanted' Lodge coming to Manly and should be worth "so much more" ....yet all these "Top shelf" players go to these other teams and it's all a whisper .....these blokes need 6 of the best uppercuts and find legitimate stories....

Last edited:
Forget the Lodge factor, if you agree with the move or not about him coming to Manly......
This is getting ridiculous that teams like Melbourne can grab Nofalouma, Penrith get Pengai Junior ect, yet these clowns are complaining about Lodge playing a few games as a bloke basically kicked out of the Roosters and what they pay him has nothing to do with our cap.
I would expect these media experts to be more upset over millions of dollars of talent for Manly are sitting on the sideline most seasons and we are yet to get this like for like player for Tom which EVERY other team seems to get.
The season is annoying enough without all this stuff, any half chance these a** clowns are down Manly's throat ..
Agree 100%, the Nofa and Pengai deals were given the green light by the NRL what's so different with the Lodge deal, pretty similar as far as I can see. It's only till the end of the season on a train and trial contract.

Has anyone at the NRL come out and blocked this move?Isnt it just the media asking the question?And if the NRL and the media had a conspiracy running to sabotage Manly,don’t you think they’d just let Lodge play?

Its bloody stupid, Broncos, warriors roosters all paid out his contract, ie. they paid Lodge NOT to play for them.

How exactly are we underpaying him to actually play for us.

Its bloody stupid, Broncos, warriors roosters all paid out his contract, ie. they paid Lodge NOT to play for them.

How exactly are we underpaying him to actually play for us.
I think the NRL want us to pay him $600K NOT to play for us. That's the way it seems to work with this guy.

I'd like the genius reporters to distinguish this from the other player loans that has been permitted by the NRL. I cannot forget the NRL permitting Jarrod Hayne to leave the Gold Coast whilst on a million dollar contract and sign with Parramatta for $500,000. The hypocrisy in this game is mind numbing.

Last edited:
Well said @maxta. They've just got to stick the boot into anything to do with Manly. Wouldn't hear about it if it was the Panthers, Rorters or Broncs. It makes my blood boil! :mad:
Hey ALinda, I know right.....look tbh, this has become a common thing for us Seaeagle supporters, I just thought this time was over the top with the fact EVERY footy fan has seen this happen at other clubs the past 5 years without a hitch....then suddenly - Front page news !!!
They usually wait till we are a dominant force, but this is the boot in while we are down, so I felt the toes a little more in my ribs....

Nothing will come of this for two reasons…

1. The deal has already been accepted by the NRL for Lodge to have suited up last week for Blacktown. On what grounds could they dispute something they already validated themselves?!

2. He was told he wouldn’t play FG again this year at the Chooks and was paid out, so just because he was worth 600k at one point in his career, doesn’t mean he is still worth that now. He is on the scrap heap and was looking at the UK as an option because he couldn’t get an NRL deal. The idea of train and trial and is to play well and bump the value up for a potential future deal. Something he is entitled to do.

It’d be a different scenario if he was in demand and worth more on the market and we happened to land his signature but he was in the wilderness without a club and told he would play cup for the remainder of the year.

Is there an article to go along with our outrage here?

I didn't see one.

edit:

Hey, it's by 'staff writers' @Mark from Brisbane , so this means it was written with A.I.

Anyway, all contracts have to be approved by the nrl, so assuming this has already been done and the 'journos' can go suck a small stone over a big cliff.

Don't forget Greenblurgh isn't in charge anymore so rules can't be arbitrarily changed to be anti manly.

Nothing will come of this for two reasons…

1. The deal has already been accepted by the NRL for Lodge to have suited up last week for Blacktown. On what grounds could they dispute something they already validated themselves?!

2. He was told he wouldn’t play FG again this year at the Chooks and was paid out, so just because he was worth 600k at one point in his career, doesn’t mean he is still worth that now. He is on the scrap heap and was looking at the UK as an option because he couldn’t get an NRL deal. The idea of train and trial and is to play well and bump the value up for a potential future deal. Something he is entitled to do.

It’d be a different scenario if he was in demand and worth more on the market and we happened to land his signature but he was in the wilderness without a club and told he would play cup for the remainder of the year.
Don’t spoil the outrage for some with facts,they live off paranoia

Matt Lodge is on his last chance saloon here. That means minimum contract is fair value. You don't pay any kind of premium for damaged goods.
He's probably got a massive clause via his mate seebald if he plays firsts.

Noting the silliness of posting that advice on who is managed by whom yesterday, is it any wonder journalists ask these questions?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8