The 2020 Asterisk Comp

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No asterisk for me .... it is 20 games of football .... let the best team win ..

And .... the best teams are currently in the top 4 .... so the quality is rising to the top ....

#noexcuses ...
Exactly right , and they have AND the winner will come from these four.

Our aim is to try and name the top 8 ( very unlikely but not impossible) to at least say “ we’ll after that **** we did ok”.

But as to winning it, about as much chance as me getting to fly to the Moon next year.

You could argue there is something every year that puts an * to the comp.
Who wins, wins, I am not going to sook about it, as the Wood said its 20 games of footy and finals, I just want my team to improve, play better and earn a shot.

I think the simple reality is that the competition this year is completely irrelevant. Much much of our society 0and sports) this year is about survival mode. Get games played, get money in the door, provide some entertainment, and end up with a winner. the winner this year means little in the scheme of things - so it also stands to reason that people shouldn't bothered getting too worked up this year about stuff. be thankful to have some entertainment to distract you. We are in Lockdown in melbourne - so having sport to help with the evenings is a bloody blessing and one of the rare highlights of my week at the moment.

I don't care if Manly lose - I care that we exist and and are able to turn out a team every week to escape from this disastrous year for a few mins.

Good luck to whoever wins the comp. You've earnt it, as everyone is making sacrifices and no one has it easy.

The winner will deserve it.

But then again, not Melbourne, Roosters or Parra. I hate them.

Anyone else deserves it

fair dinkum though. Green leaves us on $600k a year. Agree with above the 2020 "rest of the world" worriers should not have been allowed to release a player. Further, who did drugcastle release to sign him. Further he is a current player in the current comp, his market value is his contract. So the knights have to pay him $300k. As if they or any team have that spare. And don't get me started in the faders signing CHN the same way.

Whoever wins this year should go down as a team who has truly earnt the hell out of a premiership. Dead set. To excel under these conditions is something special. (Unless Parra win it then I'll keep telling my mate it doesn't count and they still need a vcr to view their last premiership win)

Yeah thats only if your team has suffered adversity, If we win it, then I would certainly give us more credit. But honestly it could not have been a better set of circumstances for teams like Parra & Penrith who have barely had to travel further than 30km and had rule changes play straight into their hands and play at home even when they are away games. Every year is an Asterisk comp for the Storm & Roosters due to 3rd parties. uurgh why do I even care anymore???

The fact that a heap of teams can't play at home automatically makes it an asterix comp.. esp for teams like warriors, and storm, who can't even play in their country/state...
Add in the rule changes, loan players, 8 week break between rounds 2 and 3, no fans etc and theres no way possible the winner of this year will ever be regarded as true champions..
Roosters will get the threepeat, and it won't mean a thing to 99% of the fans in this dodgy season

Gee the weather is starting to warm up.
Makes me think footy in October will favour teams who let the ball do the work. How stinking hot will they get?!
Heat plus 6 again = a few big finals blow outs.
I'm starting to think we're actually better off forgetting this stupid season and saving our energy for next time!

I don’t care who wins as long as it’s not the slimy Worms or moaning Court Jesters. The NRL darlings Of 2020......I hope both teams are out in straight sets. Both are overrated & wouldn’t be anywhere near the 8 if not for the assistance from the NRL & referees.

I think the simple reality is that the competition this year is completely irrelevant. Much much of our society 0and sports) this year is about survival mode. Get games played, get money in the door, provide some entertainment, and end up with a winner. the winner this year means little in the scheme of things - so it also stands to reason that people shouldn't bothered getting too worked up this year about stuff. be thankful to have some entertainment to distract you. We are in Lockdown in melbourne - so having sport to help with the evenings is a bloody blessing and one of the rare highlights of my week at the moment.

I don't care if Manly lose - I care that we exist and and are able to turn out a team every week to escape from this disastrous year for a few mins.

Good luck to whoever wins the comp. You've earnt it, as everyone is making sacrifices and no one has it easy.

The winner will deserve it.

But then again, not Melbourne, Roosters or Parra. I hate them.

Anyone else deserves it
The Knights do not deserve it. Overrated & full of twats!

Normally Turdburgler was rigging the comp.... who is doing it now?

The reality is, even if there are slight advantages here and there, the best team in the comp will win (and deserve to win)... so there needs not be an asterisk next to it. The best teams will end up winning in the finals and therefore Covid is irrelevant. If for example the Eels shouldn’t be in the 8 (because of advantages), then they’ll soon be found out in the finals (or earlier as last night suggests)... the best team will win the comp, and that’s all that matters... no asterisk required.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7