show how much Massoud and Kent speculated on the case, if you read the article below http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25164758-23214,00.html Brett Stewart claims he was too drunk to remember anything By Josh Massoud and Paul Kent March 10, 2009 Manly full-back Brett Stewart was so drunk he cannot remember allegedly attacking a teenage girl but witnesses claim the footballer had to be pulled off the 17-year-old. Police witnesses told The Daily Telegraph Stewart exited the taxi that had ferried him home from Manly's season launch and crash tackled the girl. Shocked onlookers said they had to pull him off the girl, who had been smoking a cigarette outside her home. The Daily Telegraph has learned the diabetic Manly star was so drunk he could not immediately remember what took place. Sources close to the inquiry revealed Stewart had consumed so much alcohol beforehand that he was unable to recall details of the alleged incident when taken into custody by police about 8pm last Friday. When asked to confirm the allegations, his lawyer Geoff Bellew replied: "I am unable to comment about that because it's a matter of client privilege." But Mr Bellew denied suggestions Stewart had declined to be interviewed because he was too drunk. "That's absolutely, totally wrong," he said. Stewart has since denied allegations that he sexually assaulted the girl at a North Manly apartment complex. As the investigation continues, it emerged the Sea Eagles are also considering defying the NRL's wishes and a groundswell of public opinion by playing Stewart - even if he is charged by police. Chief executive Grant Mayer refused to comment on his future. "There's no doubt that if things progress throughout the week the board will meet and discuss it. At this stage it is an allegation," he said. Privately, the club has already sought legal opinion and was told the NRL has no legal standing to ban Stewart from playing. If charged, it is understood the Sea Eagles are prepared to continue playing him until he faces court, as other players have done in the past. The NRL's stance on whether players should be stood down depends heavily on the players response to the accusations - in this instance, Stewart has denied the accusation. NRL boss David Gallop said: "If it was a clearly established fact that a player had committed a sexual assault he would not be playing." Stewart declined to be interviewed after being arrested and was released without charge. The 24-year-old had spent the entire afternoon at Manly's 2009 season launch, where he was spotted drinking heavily with team-mates. He returned to the complex - where he also lives - in a taxi about 7.30pm. The girl and her father, both of whom cannot be named for legal reasons, have said she was smoking a cigarette at the front of the complex when Stewart arrived. Stewart was later arrested and taken to Dee Why police station. He made his first appearance since Friday at Manly training on Monday. Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler will name him at full-back for Saturday clash against the Bulldogs on Tuesday. His on-going selection comes as the Balmain Tigers stood down five NSW Cup players who allegedly raped a 23-year-old woman on the Sunshine Coast after a trial match two Saturday ago. The Daily Telegraph understands all five players have been put on ice until the outcome of the investigation.