thats more like the roosters I know

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
I have a big wrap on the roosters roster and they should go well but there is always a good chance something will go wrong with this lot off the field so it was great to see Mr Ibrahim front and centre at their season launch.Not the brightest idea but at least we know their club ethos hasn't changed since Fairyfax and co were doing the eccie shuffle around the cross in the 80"s.

susan said:
I have a big wrap on the roosters roster and they should go well but there is always a good chance something will go wrong with this lot off the field so it was great to see Mr Ibrahim front and centre at their season launch.Not the brightest idea but at least we know their club ethos hasn't changed since Fairyfax and co were doing the eccie shuffle around the cross in the 80"s.

If their new coach is as well schooled and disciplined as Maquire at Souffs then they will be a force.

I'm not convinced. Let's wait till the half-way point to see if this team of promises actually fulfils on the field. It takes more than a few costly imports to turn around a club with such a toxic culture as East. I have them missing the eight.
Souffs, on the other hand, will be a top four team, imo. They have been building. Easts just expect instant gratification. They remind me of the NSW Waratahs. Always promise, rarely deliver. So they trumpet the arrival of Falau. He's going to turn them around... and he's a failure, so far.
Just substitute Money-Bill for Falau and you have the same scenario for Easts.

If I had to predict a GF (without choosing Manly) I'd pick Roosters Vs Rabbits. There would be a fair bit of emotion in that game.

The Who said:
I'm not convinced. Let's wait till the half-way point to see if this team of promises actually fulfils on the field. It takes more than a few costly imports to turn around a club with such a toxic culture as East. I have them missing the eight.
Souffs, on the other hand, will be a top four team, imo. They have been building. Easts just expect instant gratification. They remind me of the NSW Waratahs. Always promise, rarely deliver. So they trumpet the arrival of Falau. He's going to turn them around... and he's a failure, so far.
Just substitute Money-Bill for Falau and you have the same scenario for Easts.

I wouldn't think Souths have done anything different to the Roosters in seeking a quick solution. Check out their last 5 years of recruitment and they've been very active in chasing and purchasing marquee players from all over the NRL. Many that were in their NYC Grand Final team were not promoted into their NRL squad in subsequent years, unlike our influx of kids out of there and into the top 25.

Success last year may now build a 'culture' of success into this year, but let's not get carried away thinking they've built a first-grade squad on anything but paying overs and Rusty's influence, to this point.

The roosters are destined to always fail because Politis demands instant sucess which doesn't happen in rugby league.

SBW will spend a lot of time injured and their season will gradually fall apart.

tookey said:
The roosters are destined to always fail because Politis demands instant sucess which doesn't happen in rugby league.

SBW will spend a lot of time injured and their season will gradually fall apart.

They've trialled well without him.

If any team can find a way to f'k it up, its Easts. This i have faith in.
Things dont always go to plan. Whats their contingency plan like when 1 or 2 big name recruits go down injured for a few weeks? Will the players replacing the big name players fit in to the team well? This is where Easts will come undone imo

Lord Eagleton said:
If any team can find a way to f'k it up, its Easts. This i have faith in.
Things dont always go to plan. Whats their contingency plan like when 1 or 2 big name recruits go down injured for a few weeks? Will the players replacing the big name players fit in to the team well? This is where Easts will come undone imo

I don't know any team that won't be unaffected losing 1 or 2 big names. Look at our records when we are without Lyon, for example.

It''s only a matter of time until some team that was a dud the previous year charges through to take the premiership. Dogs almost did it last year. There have been several in that category that have made the grand final recently, without actually winning. Chooks are a chance this year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6