That's finals footy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The call from Cleary to give Sorenson and Martin more time in the middle then TPJ was a master stroke in shutting down the Storms attack in the middle.

Nathan Cleary reinforced what a good, gutsy player he is.
The Block of Cheese again showed that his body won't hold up for too much longer with his style of play.
Even the best teams can be bustled out of matches. Melbourne were smashed into errors. We need another forward, or two, with the killer approach.

The Block of Cheese again showed that his body won't hold up for too much longer with his style of play.
Even the best teams can be bustled out of matches. Melbourne were smashed into errors. We need another forward, or two, with the killer approach.
Exactly what we are lacking

I think Souths will win. Don't really care who wins but definitely they are in it up to their eyeballs.
Will be very interesting to see what Des does with Manly's defence next year. The finals series has highlighted how we are just a bit off the necessary level in that area.

Agreed - I posted last week that I wouldn't be writing off Penrith this week. Their decence is as good as I've ever seen. They'll beat South's.
Just think a matter of by how much ?
Maybe 11-20 is my punt
If South's had Mitchell would bring it to a contest, but in reality, the best chance South's have is the leftovers from a GF played a week early...

Yeah well said, couldn’t agree more

Capewell was huge for them and I hope Davey can return and be like him in defence

But even then I think we need a prop leader to emerge or be purchased to round out our forwards

I feel like if Penrith lose it will because of Kikau. He cost them the GF last year and they haven't learned their lesson. He gives up tackling after he's been on the field for 15 mins.

Yeah well said, couldn’t agree more

Capewell was huge for them and I hope Davey can return and be like him in defence

But even then I think we need a prop leader to emerge or be purchased to round out our forwards
I rate davey, and also think we have some good young props, unfortunately a lot missed game time towards the end of year and were a little of their best the past 4 weeks.

We know Keppie can be an intimidator, look at that game against Parra, was good against Roosters last week and was on Friday night chopping people in half, shame he got knocked out. He just needs to find consistency.

Paeska's injury didn't help, he was strong before then, seemed to put him back. When on, a real machine. Again, needs to find consistency.

Josh missed most of year and didn't find his early season form. Needs a good off season.

Marty is aging but would like to see him get that off load back, that always caused defence trouble.

Think we missed Sipley off the bench, always was a handful. No other forward in our team provides as much punch and post contact, plus keeps his legs driving and his charges are inspiring.

Feel the forwards were just down a bit in form recently and would of kept Sipley on the bench in favour of Lawnton. Crocker to play 80 and Walker to cover injury and play in the middle. Walker was one of our best the last few weeks.

Edge defence needs work.

I rate davey, and also think we have some good young props, unfortunately a lot missed game time towards the end of year and were a little of their best the past 4 weeks.

We know Keppie can be an intimidator, look at that game against Parra, was good against Roosters last week and was on Friday night chopping people in half, shame he got knocked out. He just needs to find consistency.

Paeska's injury didn't help, he was strong before then, seemed to put him back. When on, a real machine. Again, needs to find consistency.

Josh missed most of year and didn't find his early season form. Needs a good off season.

Marty is aging but would like to see him get that off load back, that always caused defence trouble.

Think we missed Sipley off the bench, always was a handful. No other forward in our team provides as much punch and post contact, plus keeps his legs driving and his charges are inspiring.

Feel the forwards were just down a bit in form recently and would of kept Sipley on the bench in favour of Lawnton. Crocker to play 80 and Walker to cover injury and play in the middle. Walker was one of our best the last few weeks.

Edge defence needs work.

Edge defence needs work.
Honestly I think we need to learn defence from what we saw from South’s and Penrith. Cleary and Bennett figured out something we always knew but forgot to apply - defence wins premeriships.

BUT - scary thing is we are years off having a defensive minded team.

NYEagle

People saying GF is going to be a blowout, that Penrith will be too good. If Melbourne went through, I could see a real blowout but with Penrith I'm not sold on it. We ripped apart Souths at certain times on Friday night, imagine what Melbourne could've done to them, in a GF as well, they're bred for those games. Penrith's attack is not the same, improvement against storm but still been clunky for a few weeks. Nothing compared to their early season attack.

Only reason I can see Penrith maybe blowing em out is because they are bloody hungry as hell to get this revenge and get this premiership, showed it in that prelim. Otherwise I really think it's going to be another close grindy battle, people can't forget Souths rattled and had them figured out only two weeks ago. Souths got their own motivation as well with Wayne Reyno Gagai and Benjis last game. Penrith Storm prelim and Penrith Rabbitohs week 1 qualifier showed that there are three teams in this current competition with a strong margin of quality from other clubs and when they play against it each other, it really is heavyweight against heavyweight, and I'm very excited for another close intense battle on Sunday. I feel a Grand Final classic in Suncorp.

People saying GF is going to be a blowout, that Penrith will be too good. If Melbourne went through, I could see a real blowout but with Penrith I'm not sold on it. We ripped apart Souths at certain times on Friday night, imagine what Melbourne could've done to them, in a GF as well, they're bred for those games. Penrith's attack is not the same, improvement against storm but still been clunky for a few weeks. Nothing compared to their early season attack.

Only reason I can see Penrith maybe blowing em out is because they are bloody hungry as hell to get this revenge and get this premiership, showed it in that prelim. Otherwise I really think it's going to be another close grindy battle, people can't forget Souths rattled and had them figured out only two weeks ago. Souths got their own motivation as well with Wayne Reyno Gagai and Benjis last game. Penrith Storm prelim and Penrith Rabbitohs week 1 qualifier showed that there are three teams in this current competition with a strong margin of quality from other clubs and when they play against it each other, it really is heavyweight against heavyweight, and I'm very excited for another close intense battle on Sunday. I feel a Grand Final classic in Sunc

I feel like if Penrith lose it will because of Kikau. He cost them the GF last year and they haven't learned their lesson. He gives up tackling after he's been on the field for 15 mins.
He was pretty ordinary for most of the game yesterday , can’t believe he’s put himself on the market for a sub million a year price tag.

Why couldn’t the sworm have made as many errors against us as they did sat arvo.The riff to win as they won’t be making the errors we made.

The Panthers played an up tempo game with very strong defense. With the exception of Jennings dropping the ball with the line wide open, most of their errors were as a result of trying too hard after finding themselves behind on the scoreboard after only a few minutes.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4