That Matai kickoff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Never seen that happen in all my years of footy.

Did they get the ruling right ? On the radio they were suggesting that they thought the crossbar should have been counted as part of the field so line dropout, but TV thought the right call was made

Can anyone confirm either way ?

They got it right.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/files/rules/international_rules.pdf

Page 20
Section 8 - Kick Off and Drop-Out

Rule 6(b) says a player is penalised if he kicks the ball on the full over the touch line, touch in goal, or over the dead ball line.

The explanatory note to Rule 6(b) says "Hitting the post or cross bar in flight does not negate the breach"

I remember it happening when I was playing - against us. I was packing death not wanting to take the ball and was relieved it hit the bar.

can someone please explain to me what happened?
There is no coverage here in the US

Sea Eagles kick off. The ball would have landed in the Sharks in goal except it hit the horizontal part of the cross bar and got an extra bounce up past the dead ball line.

Sea Eagles kick off. The ball would have landed in the Sharks in goal except it hit the horizontal part of the cross bar and got an extra bounce up past the dead ball line.

LOL are some parts of the cross bar vertical :lol:

sorry couldn't resist ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4