thankyou silvertails

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have to say this is the least active I have been since joining. Honestly got tired of the same few people dominating the board and moaning about everything (ironic that I am posting this I know). Here's hoping next years talk will focus more on the game and less on the soap opera.

I enjoy the banter on this site and seeing the differing opinions, I have been posting stuff on here for about four years now and its never dull. Thanks to Dan and the other moderators for keeping the site running strong.

I have to say this is the least active I have been since joining. Honestly got tired of the same few people dominating the board and moaning about everything (ironic that I am posting this I know). Here's hoping next years talk will focus more on the game and less on the soap opera.

I put the cheif moaners on ignore a while ago.

I'm finding it a much more pleasant experience since then.

I'd like to thank Silvertails as well
Being a first year poster but a regular visitor
This year joining in on the conversations is a great insight into Manly Fans/ members opinions
Thanks to all that makes this a great forum

I think the site is starting to broaden it's appeal beyond the core group of die hards and overly technical dribble and moving into a new era in line with the start of a refresh in the player ranks.

The core group of fans on this site rode the wave of success from the Delmege years onwards and will now start to slowly fade away from exhaustion, time constraints, a more rounded mature life and starting to lose interest----the new breed will take over and ride the new wave with a different outlook and expectations.

Time for some of us to move aside and make way for the new generation....

I think the site is starting to broaden it's appeal beyond the core group of die hards and overly technical dribble and moving into a new era in line with the start of a refresh in the player ranks.

The core group of fans on this site rode the wave of success from the Delmege years onwards and will now start to slowly fade away from exhaustion, time constraints, a more rounded mature life and starting to lose interest----the new breed will take over and ride the new wave with a different outlook and expectations.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Last edited:

It's an ageing roster

The best way to combat that is to post more and have a louder voice than them

I must say, I didn't really appreciate this site until I started visiting other forums.
It's so well put together and looks great too. By far and away the easiest and best forum site I've used.

I must say, I didn't really appreciate this site until I started visiting other forums.
It's so well put together and looks great too. By far and away the easiest and best forum site I've used.

Ah thanks. I put a lot of effort into useability, design and overall cross section support. We have had over a decade to hone the site and the effort pays off. I think other fan sites make the mistake of trying to be everything rather than just cover the niche, but I always say a community is a sum of its members which is what makes this site great.

Now I just have to figure out how to keep you all here in the offseason

Ah thanks. I put a lot of effort into useability, design and overall cross section support. We have had over a decade to hone the site and the effort pays off. I think other fan sites make the mistake of trying to be everything rather than just cover the niche, but I always say a community is a sum of its members which is what makes this site great.

Now I just have to figure out how to keep you all here in the offseason
Do what you did in 2011 - move the coach on.
Oh hang on....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7