Thanks DCE & Foz For Your Contribution To The Club

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Losing these 2 players really is hard to cop but with the era we are in and the money available, you will always get players who will just take the coin regardless.

The sad thing for me is I really believed that these 2 guys were to be the nucleus of the team for another 8 years or so.

I accept that the club really failed in negotiations especially over DCE but the worst bit of admininstration for me was hiring Arthur as assistant coach as we have now witnessed his seduction of 2 of our senior players and playing on their discontent at the club.

Parramatta are our sworn enemy and that will never change. They are trying to buy our culture and when Foz goes there will have 4 of our juniors in their first team. When Manly were condemned for raiding Souths and Wests all those years ago you could understand some of the angst from other fans. Manly have also taken advantage of Parramatta's terrible administration and signed fringe players from their club who have enjoyed success here.

The NRL has done us no favours in relation to player retention, yet we see unfairness in their blatant attempts to lure DCE while ignoring Manly asking for help to retain Gifty this time last year.

They are gone and we are poorer in one sense because we will lose their talent and on the other hand a lot richer in that we will have players who want to be here and give it all for their coach.

The biggest casualty through all of this is Toovey who must be seething underneath about how his efforts to maintain team harmony and success have been undermined by what I have mentioned above.

I am an optimist and I see the future in our 20s team and that excites me. Manly will bounce back from this and the key is to learn the lessons and build a team that is yet again the envy of the league. Before that happens some honesty has to be shown and some transparency. The next few decisions are going to be critical on how the available money is invested. I hope that the priority is to secure every good junior we have before the predators move in. We need to strenghen our pack and its obvious that we need at least one experienced half.

There has been a black cloud over the club since July last year and Whatmough's public talks to Weedler highlighted that there were issues.

The time has come to rule a line under all of this. The guys have left and now we must look forward.

DCE and Foz are professionals and I expect them to give their best efforts for the team. The club can still be very effective this year but only if everyone is on board. The challenge now is to again show that the Manly spirit is bigger than any individual. We know that the team will give it everything.
Simply because we are the Manly Sea Eagles!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6