Thanks Brett

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyforever08

Reserve Grader
Hi everyone,

I haven't been very active in the Manly world of late with life throwing some major curveballs. But I got to Brookvale today for the sole purpose of farewelling my hero. I've been flying Snake's Alive around NSW & QLD for the past 7 years and today made all that worth it as Brett thanked me for my support over all the years. I just needed to thank him for that and anyone else who has given me positive feedback and been friendly towards me (I haven't had a lot of it to be honest). This great photo I've attached was also taken which is a great memory to have.

An end of an era has truly come and I'm sad to see this era over. But just means a new one is coming and I'm very excited for this finals series.

retring-sea-eagles-player-brett-stewart-thanks-fans-during-a-lap-of-picture-id841750930

Attachments

• 21192186_10155180044687950_8652211910074097879_n.jpg
    21192186_10155180044687950_8652211910074097879_n.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 14
Hi everyone,

I haven't been very active in the Manly world of late with life throwing some major curveballs. But I got to Brookvale today for the sole purpose of farewelling my hero. I've been flying Snake's Alive around NSW & QLD for the past 7 years and today made all that worth it as Brett thanked me for my support over all the years. I just needed to thank him for that and anyone else who has given me positive feedback and been friendly towards me (I haven't had a lot of it to be honest). This great photo I've attached was also taken which is a great memory to have.

An end of an era has truly come and I'm sad to see this era over. But just means a new one is coming and I'm very excited for this finals series.

retring-sea-eagles-player-brett-stewart-thanks-fans-during-a-lap-of-picture-id841750930
That's a great post..
How was the farewell? We saw or heard bugger all of it on Fox or the radio.
I hope it was massive !!

Absolutely awesome !!
Cheers for that.
The enjoyment those maroon and white champions and skivvy have given us can never be measured.
And what a great crowd for the occasion.
Go Manly !!!

It's disgraceful that there wasn't one bit of coverage of this on Fox so we have to go hunting for footage. Yet if Cam Smith sneezes we get a live cross for an update

Hi everyone,

great pic

It's actually interesting to note that while Matty is going around engaging fans, there are quite a few fans on the fence who don't even seem to acknowledge him, let alone want to shake his hand, look him in the eye and say thanks and all the best. Amazing.

Well done, Matty and thanks for your years of commitment and dedication.

I did notice they were running tight for time. They didn't even start the tributes until the teams were out on the field warming up and it just felt all rushed. I personally did not see Brett interact with anyone besides me (just a statement I could be wrong I was only on the family hill and started crying after he hugged me) but yeah I think they were strapped on time and should've started it earlier.

It's actually interesting to note that while Matty is going around engaging fans, there are quite a few fans on the fence who don't even seem to acknowledge him, let alone want to shake his hand, look him in the eye and say thanks and all the best. Amazing.

From where I was, Matt was right at the fence so most people couldn't see him but everyone yelled out to him once we noticed he was there. But I did notice that Brett was more busy walking around the oval with his kids while Matt stayed with some of the fans for a chat, photos or for autographs. They were tight for time though so I can see why they'd ask the guys to rush through a bit.

I wasn't commenting on Snake's approach to the event. I was just commenting on the response Matty seemed to be getting (or not getting) as he moved around the fence. And I'm not even referring to the fans back away from the fence. I'm talking about fans right there on the fence as Matty walks past within a meter with hands out. I was just surprised to see some people who didn't even seem to register Matty was there...

It's disgraceful that there wasn't one bit of coverage of this on Fox so we have to go hunting for footage. Yet if Cam Smith sneezes we get a live cross for an update
yeah its a slap in the face I mean they had time but just chose not to give us anything at all.. even nein would of done something. terrible from fox all about scam

probably a couple of bandwagoners

Hi everyone,

So glad this happened for you - you deserved it!

One exception:

They never showed Smudge signing his parallel contract.

Must have signed it under the table.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8