Thank you Vidmar for exposing the media myths

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mate I have been a member for years (except for one year where I was away and they reset my membership to 2010) and they tell us members NOTHING. Then they have the audacity to send out an email, followed by a text message to my 14 month-old granddaughter. I pay around $1500 a season (although I am having REAL doubts about 2016 and beyond) and when I called membership to ask what was going on all I was advised to do was to send an email to reception. Fat lot of good that would do. Would just be left lying in an inbox.
Players leaving don't worry me. Players are like buses - there'll be another along in 10 mins. I support the Manly TEAM.... but it would be nice to hear from management with something positive.
The only way to defuse the rumour and innuendo mill is to come clean and give an honest and frank explanation of our situation. Are we going to get rid of these malcontents or are we going to allow 'our future captain' to hold the club to ransom for ever.
If ANYONE from the club reads this........
Michael Mulholland SEA-2072766
won't be holding my breath.

I have been going to Brookie since 1980 and i have never seen a more mismanaged time.

It's one thing for players to leave (which we're not used to) but it's another to keep the coach in the dark about what their plans are and also to shove the poor guy in front of the media to answer questions he knows nothing about!

This is where our owner and CEO HAVE to come out and front the media to give the answers to us fans and members who put their hard earned into supporting our team every year.

I want to see Penn and Kelly on the Manly website at the very least explaining the situation they have got us in and back the coach.

When things are going well, Penn is glad to front the media and give us that smug smile. Now things are in turmoil, they are both hiding behind closed doors and poor Tooves has been shoved out to the media hounds to answer all these questions when they have kept him in the dark. How can he possibly answer them? Well done to Tooves for showing up and at least trying.

And give Foran a deadline to stop this circus NOW!

Mate I have been a member for years (except for one year where I was away and they reset my membership to 2010) and they tell us members NOTHING. Then they have the audacity to send out an email, followed by a text message to my 14 month-old granddaughter. I pay around $1500 a season (although I am having REAL doubts about 2016 and beyond) and when I called membership to ask what was going on all I was advised to do was to send an email to reception. Fat lot of good that would do. Would just be left lying in an inbox.
Players leaving don't worry me. Players are like buses - there'll be another along in 10 mins. I support the Manly TEAM.... but it would be nice to hear from management with something positive.
The only way to defuse the rumour and innuendo mill is to come clean and give an honest and frank explanation of our situation. Are we going to get rid of these malcontents or are we going to allow 'our future captain' to hold the club to ransom for ever.
I am sure some one from the club will see this and give you a call

Here is one example . The media myths report that 2V and Kelly dont get on . The fact is Kelly and 2V have stated that they have no problem working with each other and another fact is Toovey just like any other coach needs results to keep his job . Another example is that that the media myths report that the halves are leaving because they cant learn anything from Toovey . The fact here is the immortal and the greatest half to play the game Andrew Johns is also part of our coaching staff . Sounds silly dosent it . But some how the media myths make us believe all this when we dont get the other side of the story and look at the facts
Has Jamie Lyon , Matai , Ballin, Gift or any other player (apart from Crazy Choc who has publicly said he hates Manly ) come out and said that they are unhappy at the club and Toovey cant coach ?
The media myths will makes us believe that Toovey cant coach and that Crazy Choc is right .
Sensational journalism sells but dont go out and buy it as it is mostly full of crap . Instead go out at Brookvale and buy a ticket and support our mighty Sea eagles and cheer them on to a big win and this will shut the media drama queens up :)
Thanks bozo. And most of that it just common sense. And I think if you read my posts I argue against the tin foil hats

I have been going to Brookie since 1980 and i have never seen a more mismanaged time.

It's one thing for players to leave (which we're not used to) but it's another to keep the coach in the dark about what their plans are and also to shove the poor guy in front of the media to answer questions he knows nothing about!

This is where our owner and CEO HAVE to come out and front the media to give the answers to us fans and members who put their hard earned into supporting our team every year.

I want to see Penn and Kelly on the Manly website at the very least explaining the situation they have got us in and back the coach.

When things are going well, Penn is glad to front the media and give us that smug smile. Now things are in turmoil, they are both hiding behind closed doors and poor Tooves has been shoved out to the media hounds to answer all these questions when they have kept him in the dark. How can he possibly answer them? Well done to Tooves for showing up and at least trying.

And give Foran a deadline to stop this circus NOW!
Oh Dear God...... someone has EVENTUALLY said what needs to be said...
I did get a response to my last post. A call from Vidmar... was a bad line so he'll try again. (Thanks Vidmar)
UPDATE
Actually he did call back. We spoke for about 40 mins and he managed to put things in perspective. A genuine guy.
Thanks again Vidmar

From what you all say Vidmar is a very good guy. But it is still utterly ridiculous that the poor bloke has to have long conversations with evey member who chooses to contact him to reassure them that the Club is doing OK. So if 1000 people call him, he's going to give 1000-2000 hours of conversation to reassure them?
Face it, the MWSE is a PR mess.

From what you all say Vidmar is a very good guy. But it is still utterly ridiculous that the poor bloke has to have long conversations with evey member who chooses to contact him to reassure them that the Club is doing OK. So if 1000 people call him, he's going to give 1000-2000 hours of conversation to reassure them?
Face it, the MWSE is a PR mess.
If the MWSE PR is a mess we would not have a record number of memberships this year as most people dont believe the rubbish they read in the papers and focus on what Kelly and Toovey say :)

If the MWSE PR is a mess we would not have a record number of memberships this year as most people dont believe the rubbish they read in the papers and focus on what Kelly and Toovey say :)
There's what they say and there's how they say it. Nuff said.

Maybe vidmar should make a post on here. Seems anyone who talks to him is left in a happier place! surely one of his 27 secretaries could do all the typing! ;)

And I don't buy it. He can say what he likes, but at the end of the day:-
+ The club is replying to members/fans with pre-encoded emails
+ We are losing player, after player, after player
+ Our major sponsor has decided to move on upon expiry of existing deal
+ The media / media relations and PR of this team is atrocious
+ Kelly is an absolute phantom, and nowhere to be seen
+ We are losing game, after game, after game
+ The coach has his own players suggesting that playing with Arthur is a step up
+ Toovey has lost the playing group, and there's a distinct lack of respect there (like Stuart had at the Sharks).

I think lip service, is just lip service, and in a way, asking us to bury our heads in the sand. There are real concerns here for our club, and Ownership / Management are mishandling each and every decision being made (like responding to paying members with pre-written responses).

If everyone just went along, and was happy with what is going on right now, they'd have to expect more of the same, because you don't get different results, doing the same thing.

This is why Foran agreed to join Parramatta months ago, Watmough agreed to leave Manly, DCE agreed to leave Manly, Glenn Stewart was forced out due to DCE.

Yes. People should understand we are a club, not a reality TV show. You want to have every detail of every comment and facial expression broadcast on live TV? Join the club, you will learn enough and you will be part of it.
(that's the Football Club, of course, the Sea Eagles are a private entity but the Football Club has representation on the board)
The football club on the board

Yeah they get to hear about the goings on but have nearly zero say in it

All I see with Toovey is every time he is on fox they break a story about DCE or Foran that he knows nothing about. Not a good look

What about the stories that DCE and Foran were both ready to sign new contacts under the old CEO? True or false and is true what happened?

Paul Kent on Saturday: Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans were ready to sign - the obvious question now is what went so wrong?
NRL: Manly remain confident they can retain Keiren Foran. The five-eighth is reportedly on the verge of signing a big money deal with Parramatta but Geoff Toovey says he hopes the 24-year-old will stay at Brookvale.

SEA Eagles boss Scott Penn said before Christmas that Kieran Foran and Daly Cherry-Evans were ready to sign.

The obvious question now is what went so wrong?

Most interest this week has centred around Cherry-Evans’ claim to Peter Sterling during Sterlo On The Couch that he was about to sign a contract under the previous administration but terms changed with new management.

Insiders at the club say they are still looking for that mysterious contract, claiming nobody at the club ever saw it.

Anthony Watmough gets a pat on the back from Peter Sterling after the Eels v Sea Eagles game at Pirtek Stadium. pic Mark Evans Source: News Corp Australia

Lesser known is that Foran was also basically signed and delivered before changing his mind this past month.

Only last month Foran had a meeting with Brett Stewart, Steve Matai and former club official and confidante Peter Peters, as well as Bob Fulton, to talk Manly football.

It was a Thursday. All three players had concerns about the loss of key forwards Glenn Stewart and Anthony Watmough and Foran’s centred around doubts over his improvement as a footballer.

Money was no part of the conversation. Foran left the meeting in a good place, convinced Manly was his future.

The board was due to meet the following Monday, where they anticipated drawing up the contract and having him signed shortly after.

Only it all changed.

Daly Cherry-Evans and Kieran Foran during a Manly training session. Pic Brett Costello

That weekend the Sea Eagles played the Roosters in Gosford and got thrashed 36-6.

While it was a trial — and it’s rare anything significant can be read into trial form — the players walked off and knew.

The Roosters’ pack manhandled Manly’s forwards, who don’t have much up front.

As they walked off Foran and Mitch Pearce found each other and shook hands.

They have been friends since they were boys and their conversations are candid, as it is between mates.

“Gee you blokes are in for a long year,” Pearce said.

It was offhand, so innocent it came and went, but it spoke of friendship and concern.

Inside, they both knew it was true.

Later, Foran was quiet on the drive home as the realisation of Manly’s season ahead worked itself out in his mind.

He has been thinking a lot ever since.

NRL: Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly says the Manly club will do everything in it's power to change Kieran Foran's mind about leaving for Parramatta.

Parramatta firmed in the betting from that moment on. Nothing Manly offered seemed to be enough.

Manly chief executive Joe Kelly has since said the Sea Eagles will not give up on Foran and knows he has until round 13, under the NRL’s muddy anti-poaching rule, to convince him to stay.

Interestingly, Kelly has declared the club’s intention to change Foran’s mind while saying nothing about Cherry-Evans, even as many players continue to deny problems.

Geoff Toovey said on NRL360 on Wednesday night that not everybody had to be friends at the club. It’s the most pragmatic sentence uttered.

Any chance to turn Foran around will come down to football. This is where Parramatta’s troubled history plays into Manly hands.

The Eels have a general election coming up at Easter and, in what has become a regular event, several factions will fight it out with the only certainty being blood on the floor.

There is a faction that supports Daniel Anderson, the Eels’ general manager of football, returning as head coach and they hope they have the numbers.

If there is any chance that Arthur is not coach next season then you can be sure Foran will reconsider his decision. In time to change it, too.

The chance of Arthur being replaced through an election coup are minimal, but stranger things have happened.

If Arthur does go, though, then Foran will almost certainly reconsider his decision and stay at Manly. Then it’s up to Toovey, as head coach, to reinvigorate the club.

The quickest and most effective way is the old Wayne Bennett method of rotating his coaching staff.

It refreshes the club, gives the players new voices to hear and new ideas.

It’s time for a little honesty at the club, the kind Pearce gave Foran to start it all.

It’s tough to hear, but it’s what mates do.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...at-went-so-wrong/story-fnp0lyn3-1227261868466

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4