[Resurrected] Thank you Joel Thompson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What a crappy end for a champion bloke.

2020 can get and get stuffed.

I guess not everyone can get a sCam testimonial and then play for another 3-4 years!

Hope Joel nails it in the UK and we see some more of him in some future capacity.

Thanks Joel! (as we know players read this site every day... lol)

"Joel Thompson has sustained an ankle injury which requires surgery. Unfortunately, he will miss the remainder of the season."

These last 3 years have not been premiership seasons but I'm pleased for him that he got to play for the mighty Manly Warringah Sea Eagles.
He's not ever held back and has done his level best every week for the proud Sea Eagle jersey.
On field he's provided a tough, experienced presence for a squad that has a lot of young blokes.
Equally importantly, or actually probably far more importantly, he has been prepared to stand up and give others the benefit of hard lessons he has learned.
He stood up publicly for DCE when Watmough was airing his dirty laundry.
And he stood up to explain patiently why indigenous issues are very much issues for today, not just the past.
He's been a strong advocate for mental health awareness.
He hasn't come from a silver spoon background, in fact quite the opposite.
And among all the outstanding and international stars of the game that have graced Brookie and done this club proud, I'm equally proud that we had this bloke here, playing for Manly and being a Manly man.
Thanks Joel.
View attachment 15314
Great post, well said.
Nothing more to add just My thanks.

I'd love to see Joel return to the club when his playing days are over.
Either as a Player Welfare officer, or as a trainer/ runner or both.
He loves the club and I believe he'd be a great fit for either role.

I'd love to see Joel return to the club when his playing days are over.
Either as a Player Welfare officer, or as a trainer/ runner or both.
He loves the club and I believe he'd be a great fit for either role.
Wouldnt surprise me if the club hasn't already made the offer to him when he finishes up.

He has been a great signing for the club these last 3 years, certainly no lack of effort on the field and amount of off the field stuff he gets through is a good example to any young player on how that side of things should be done.

What a crappy end for a champion bloke.

2020 can get and get stuffed.

I guess not everyone can get a sCam testimonial and then play for another 3-4 years!

Hope Joel nails it in the UK and we see some more of him in some future capacity.

Thanks Joel! (as we know players read this site every day... lol)
Scam will probably go around again for a testimonial year in 2021, every game a collection ton goes around as the poor fella really needs the money.

Wonderful Manly stalwart and an all round great guy. Wishing him all the best for the next chapter of his life and hope in some way he's involved at Manly in the future.

Is Roger Moore still playing in the centres for Ivanhoe?

3B19DFA5-24E7-4DA0-9F15-8A4BAAA65E25.jpeg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4