Testosterone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
Did you read any of the above?

How is using drugs to mask pain different to using drugs to nullify a hormone deficiency?

Those pain killers aren't banned substances. Steroids are.

When the NRL allow use of any steroids, even for medical reasons, they risk getting on a slippery slide. As the Armstrong case shows, the ability to test for acceptable levels of banned substances is problematic. He was caught with evidence outside of testing.

Stevo said:
More to the point, how is using testosterone to nullify a hormone deficiency any different to Brett Stewart using insulin to overcome diabetes?
Insulin isn't a banned substance. Steroids are.

Matabele said:
Not sure how many caught the full interview with Lance Armstrong but I was very interested when he mentioned that he justified his use of testosterone because of surgery he'd had when he'd had testicular cancer (read between the lines). Of course he now admits all of his use of performance enhancing substances (including testosterone) was in error.

Which is very interesting when one considers Adam McDougall (he of the infamous 1997 face stomp) allegedly used testosterone for the entirety of his career for medicinal reasons.....

Armstrong using testosterone....Well heres the actual facts

As a man who is going to have cancer in that area (Your born to have it,you have a faulty ball thats always going to get cancer) your sperm count is lower from the moment,your pretty much shooting blanks but can get lucky,i'd assume the same is true with testosterone,after cancer Lance's sperm and testosterone levels would have been at a lifetime high as a testicle works like a kidney

If you are unlucky enough to lose a nut or a kidney,your other one takes up the slack and actually,your levels are better when your bad one is gone

He should know this but i think he used it as a mask,mine and Lance's levels will be slightly lower than everyone elses (if he isnt taking testosterone anymore) forever,personally i experienced a shorter fuze once that happened,probably half angry and half adjusting to new and higher testosterone levels,i still have that shorter fuze and i like Lance think that the ordeal has changed me for the better

IMO, If you require testosterone replacement therapy to boost your testosterone level to what is considered a normal range, then you should be ineligible to play or compete professionally.
What is the difference between that and a smaller guy using steroids so he can gain mass in order to be able to compete in the first place?
If for whatever reason, you don't have what it takes (normal testosterone production without the use of TRT) then pick another sport.

Rex said:
Stevo said:
Did you read any of the above?

How is using drugs to mask pain different to using drugs to nullify a hormone deficiency?

Those pain killers aren't banned substances. Steroids are.

When the NRL allow use of any steroids, even for medical reasons, they risk getting on a slippery slide. As the Armstrong case shows, the ability to test for acceptable levels of banned substances is problematic. He was caught with evidence outside of testing.

Stevo said:
More to the point, how is using testosterone to nullify a hormone deficiency any different to Brett Stewart using insulin to overcome diabetes?
Insulin isn't a banned substance. Steroids are.

Are steroids on the banned substance list? :tumbleweed:

Napper said:
manlyfan76 said:
Isn't the asthma puffer full of steroids?

Samantha Riley was grilled about ventolin use yeaes ago. She suffered from asthma so in order to breathe like me and you she used ventolin.

No big deal imo. Plenty of nrl players and i'd say, sportsmen worldwide use it.

I see Sam Riley At Burleigh sometimes and she is a Definate MILF!:heart:
There was a story a few years back about mums giving kids astma puffers before their Little Athletics carnivals to get them to perform better in track events and the Dr's all came out and said it was dangerous.

Stevo said:

By steroids do you mean 1-Androstenediol, 1-Androstenedione, Bolandiol, Bolasterone, Boldenone, Boldione, Calusterone, Clostebol, Danazol, Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone, Desoxymethyltestosterone, Drostanolone, Ethylestrenol, Fluoxymesterone, Formebolone, Furazabol, Gestrinone, 4-Hydroxytestosterone, Mestanolone, Mesterolone, Metenolone, Methandienone, Methandriol, Methasterone, Methyldienolone, Methyl-1-testosterone, Methylnortestosterone, Methyltestosterone, Metribolone, Mibolerone, Nandrolone, 19-Norandrostenedione, Norboletone, Norclostebol, Norethandrolone, Oxabolone, Oxandrolone, Oxymesterone, Oxymetholone, Prostanozol, Quinbolone, Stanozolol, Stenbolone, 1-Testosterone, Tetrahydrogestrinone, Trenbolone, Androstenediol, Androstenedione, Dihydrotestosterone, Prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone DHEA), or Testosterone? :tumbleweed:

Rex said:
Stevo said:

By steroids do you mean 1-Androstenediol, 1-Androstenedione, Bolandiol, Bolasterone, Boldenone, Boldione, Calusterone, Clostebol, Danazol, Dehydrochlormethyltestosterone, Desoxymethyltestosterone, Drostanolone, Ethylestrenol, Fluoxymesterone, Formebolone, Furazabol, Gestrinone, 4-Hydroxytestosterone, Mestanolone, Mesterolone, Metenolone, Methandienone, Methandriol, Methasterone, Methyldienolone, Methyl-1-testosterone, Methylnortestosterone, Methyltestosterone, Metribolone, Mibolerone, Nandrolone, 19-Norandrostenedione, Norboletone, Norclostebol, Norethandrolone, Oxabolone, Oxandrolone, Oxymesterone, Oxymetholone, Prostanozol, Quinbolone, Stanozolol, Stenbolone, 1-Testosterone, Tetrahydrogestrinone, Trenbolone, Androstenediol, Androstenedione, Dihydrotestosterone, Prasterone (dehydroepiandrosterone DHEA), or Testosterone? :tumbleweed:

I've been everywhere man...

So what's the big deal about steroids?

muscles2.jpg

As humans age the male produces more oestrogen and the female produces more testosterone. Many women are late bloomers in the business world and are more likely to land CEO type roles beyond their 50s.
Don't take drugs kids. Do your best with what you have and let it all kick in when the time is right. When I reach increased testosterone age I'm buying a skinless cat and all hell will break loose.
On a serious not my Mum takes steroids due to having practically no platelets. If she's prescribed more than 10 mLs she finds it very hard to sleep so for those who take any sort of drugs for medical reasons it's no picnic.

Would I be right Nicci in identifying your mother's condition as Aplastic Anaemia. If so a nasty complaint because of the dangers of internal bleeding. I knew a young lass who contracted the illness and ended up in Westmead Hospital for a few months. No one seemed to know what caused it and she was given less than 50-50 chance to survive, but she did and has lived without a relapse for several decades now without incident. Hope your mother's condition follows a similar path.

Bearfax said:
Would I be right Nicci in identifying your mother's condition as Aplastic Anaemia. If so a nasty complaint because of the dangers of internal bleeding. I knew a young lass who contracted the illness and ended up in Westmead Hospital for a few months. No one seemed to know what caused it and she was given less than 50-50 chance to survive, but she did and has lived without a relapse for several decades now without incident. Hope your mother's condition follows a similar path.
Mum's anaemic but don't know what type. She has a multitude of auto-immune diseases which destroy her platelets and red blood cells. It's really rare. She's a trooper though. Can't keep her down with her book groups, quilting clubs and on top of that she takes care of Dad who's a stroke victim. Basically she's a legend and she should not be disqualified from quilting competitions due to being on steroids.

Rex said:
On steroids AND can't sleep?

Must make those visits interesting nicci.

Ha Rex! Don't cross this woman. She's plays the iPad when she can't sleep. She's a Wordstorm champ.

Aplastic Anaemia is rare and they dont seem to know what causes it. But it leads to the white cells not creating platelets, causing potentially serious internal bleeding because there is no clotting agent.

I do wonder whether our ever increasing processed diet (plus maybe increasingly questionable farming methods) is a core fundamental behind the continual acceleration in proportion of autoimmune diseases in the population, not to mention similar trends in type 2 diabetes, obesity, etc...

Some say we are technologically "improving" ourselves into increasing sickness, stress, misery and early death.

Rex said:
I do wonder whether our ever increasing processed diet (plus maybe increasingly questionable farming methods) is a core fundamental behind the continual acceleration in proportion of autoimmune diseases in the population, not to mention similar trends in type 2 diabetes, obesity, etc...

Some say we are technologically "improving" ourselves into increasing sickness, stress, misery and early death.
There has to be some truth to this in western cultures. Kids also have all these allergies and behavioural disorders that didn't exist 20 years ago.
In the case of my Mum she's like a healthy eating Army Commander. Bring a packet of chips in the house and you may find yourself eating them elsewhere. For some reason this doesn't include desserts? Go Mum. Love ya!

Rex said:

Maybe it was always there but medical advances means that those affected are now diagnosed correctly and dying less with the label of 'natural causes' when death occured after the ripe old age of 50.

niccipops said:
There has to be some truth to this in western cultures. Kids also have all these allergies and behavioural disorders that didn't exist 20 years ago.
In the case of my Mum she's like a healthy eating Army Commander. Bring a packet of chips in the house and you may find yourself eating them elsewhere. For some reason this doesn't include desserts? Go Mum. Love ya!

They existed. They just weren't labelled so quickly. A lot of parents want a 'not my fault' answer to their kids behaviour, and there is a medical industry happy to help.

Best steroid is concrete.

Drink a glass and harden the f&*% up!

Pussies.

Hamster Huey said:
Rex said:

Maybe it was always there but medical advances means that those affected are now diagnosed correctly and dying less with the label of 'natural causes' when death occured after the ripe old age of 50.

niccipops said:

They existed. They just weren't labelled so quickly. A lot of parents want a 'not my fault' answer to their kids behaviour, and there is a medical industry happy to help.

There is widespread agreement in the medical community that the recent skyrocketing increase in rates of diagnosis of these illnesses can only in small measure be explained by improved diagnosis.

Objective measurements of key health indicators (eg weight) evidence a far more fundamental trend.

And simplistic explanations of obesity as laziness and the like are in themselves mental laziness.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6