Test Squad Announced for SA

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
Australia's 14 man sqaud for three Tests against South Africa:

Ricky Ponting (captain)
Adam Gilchrist (vice-captain)
Stuart Clark
Michael Clarke
Matthew Hayden
Michael Hussey
Michael Kasprowicz
Justin Langer
Brett Lee
Stuart MacGill
Damien Martyn
Andrew Symonds
Shaun Tait
Shane Warne

Bracken and Hodge are gooooorrrrne as is Watson. Martyn and Clarke are back!!!! (A few of you will be thrilled with that. :wall:

Clark and Tait are in, Symonds gets the all-rounder spot and McGill is likely to play as well as Warne.

Watson isnt Gone, he didnt play in the last lot of tests since he did his shoulder. he just hasnt forced his way back in yet

Martyns mum must have blown Trevor Hohns

FFS, how bad does Martyn need to play before he gets dropped. Had a good 12 months two years ago against predominantly crocodiles, and has been inconsistent troughout the rest of his career. Not to mention he averages less than 20 in South Africa. :wall: :bdh:

That aside I don't see much longevity in Tait, his action will have him sidelined within a couple of years. I would love to be proved wrong, but I can't see it happening.

Watson isnt Gone, he didnt play in the last lot of tests since he did his shoulder. he just hasnt forced his way back in yet

Martyns mum must have blown Trevor Hohns

lol...Martyn has a fair attitude to boot but lets be honest here most of the Aussie cricket team are full of themselves...

How many times are they going to drag kasprowitcz back? It shows our lack of bowling depth. Tait also got smahed in the recent Pura cup game and I doubt that his fitness will stand up to a 5 day test.

Could spell trouble against the afrikaans in the home grounds.

i think kasper is warranted!!

he's a good bowler.. and can wag at the tail a little... he has better figures than every bowler trying to get that spot.. i.e lewis, clark, tait, dorey

Hodge hasn't really performed so can't complain. Has been dining out on that double century in Perth all summer (which cost us any chance of winning the game thanks to Punter letting him stay out there).

Clarke had better stand up this time round, otherwise he may find himself in the wilderness for a lot longer next time he gets dropped.

Kaspa is OK, I guess it was either him or Dizzy, will add a bit of experience and normally bowls all right with the old ball. Tait...well there are plenty of wraps on him but he didn't impress me in the Ashes, this is his chance to perform as he will probably get the new ball with Binga in the absence of Pigeon . Stuart Clark is a trundler and can't see him getting a start unless there are injuries, would have preferred the LH variation that Bracken could have offered.

Good to see the selectors are persisting with this never ending quest of finding a genuine all rounder. I don't know why they bother, neither Symonds nor Watson are genuine all rounders.

I reckon this will be the team they run with in the first test

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Kaspa
Tait

MacGill 12th Man

I would have preferred

Hayden
Langer
Ponting
Clarke
Hussey
Gilchrist
Lee
Warne
Dizzy / Tait
Bracken
MacGill

i think kasper is warranted!!

he's a good bowler.. and can wag at the tail a little... he has better figures than every bowler trying to get that spot.. i.e lewis, clark, tait, dorey

Kaspa was very dissapointing on the Uk tour and he should have been swinging the ball a lot more than he did in conditions which should have suited him.

Dizzy has lost that yard of speed which now makes him meduim pace while there is not a lot of others to chose from. We are in big trouble when McGrath finally calls it quits and if Lee ever gets injured. Very little back up to those 2.

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Kaspa
Tait

MacGill 12th Man

You've got 13 there buddy. Martyn won't get a run.

Not taking Bracken over to the Ashes was really costly, just like not playing MacGill. Bracken can move it a mile, and carves up in England. Tait was very average. I've been saying for a while he isn't up to test level, and unfortunately I was right, again.

I thought Kaspa getting out in the second test in the Ashes would have ended his career for good. Obviously not.

Watson is ****!!!! :bdh:

Bring on Bichel. He may not be a star but plays his heart out and always gets the job done!

We need kasper to share the responsibilities with binga.

Braken should be the third paceman.

Clarke for martyn at 4.

id prefer watson as a test batsman - with clarke in the side we have an off spin option, no need for symonds

id prefer watson as a test batsman - with clarke in the side we have an off spin option, no need for symonds

Clarke is left arm orthodox, turns the ball the opposite way to an offspinner.

[quote author=Chip & Chase]

Langer
Hayden
Ponting
Martyn
Clarke
Hussey
Symonds
Gilchrist
Warne
Lee
Kaspa
Tait

MacGill 12th Man

You've got 13 there buddy. Martyn won't get a run.

Not taking Bracken over to the Ashes was really costly, just like not playing MacGill. Bracken can move it a mile, and carves up in England. Tait was very average. I've been saying for a while he isn't up to test level, and unfortunately I was right, again.

I thought Kaspa getting out in the second test in the Ashes would have ended his career for good. Obviously not.
[/quote]

So I have :doh:

In which case i rather see Martyn stay and Symonds go, won't happen though.

I don't know that Martyn will miss out if the keep Simmo anyway. He is a number 4 and we don't many other options there. Clarke struggled at 4 when Marto got dropped after the Ashes, which led to him been shown the door. I'd like to see Hussey get a promotion up the order as I'm sure he would perform, and leave Clarke at 5. But I think they will play Martyn and leave Pup out.

It's a bit harsh to blame Kaspa for that dismissal in the 2nd test. He didn't hit it and the umpy triggered him. I like Kaspa's application, he always gives 100% with bat and ball. I don't know what Bracken has to do to get a gig. I'd pick him over Clarke and Tait anytime.

Yeah, I wasn't serious with the Kasper call.

Agreed, I'd put Hussey at 4 and Clarke at 5, but I agree they'll have Martyn at 4 and Hussey at 5. It's defo time Symonds got the arse.

and Braken is god know who. It's Bracken..

if you are putting **** on spelling errors a bit of accuracy yourself doesnt hurt :)

Braks was the best in the last game again.

Martyn added a huge 1 to the score and was our lowest run scorer yet again.

Is Des a selector in the cricket by any chance?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4