Terry Hill on BsB

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Terry Hill just pointed to a link that George Mimis is the manager of Hasler as well of Foran, the Stewarts and has a lot of Dogs on his books

Hill said he is also filthy at what is going on and this could have all been avoided if they sat down with Hasler and discussed it earlier

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Terry Hill just pointed to a link that George Mimis is the manager of Hasler as well of Foran, the Stewarts and has a lot of Dogs on his books

I don't think Mimis is the one pulling the strings of any of these guys.

More than half of Manly have Mimis as their manager so this could mean that our team will be decimated soon. And I can't see any Dogs on his books.

Take a look here: http://www.sfxsports.com.au/rugby-league/clients

The Manly players on his books include: Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite, David Williams, Matt Ballin, Jason King, Kieran Foran and Ben Farrar.

Rodo said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

More than half of Manly have Mimis as their manager so this could mean that our team will be decimated soon. And I can't see any Dogs on his books.

The Manly players on his books include: Jamie Lyon, Brett Stewart, Anthony Watmough, Brent Kite, David Williams, Matt Ballin, Jason King, Kieran Foran and Ben Farrar.

Mimis also manages Beaver. To be honest, he seems one of the better player managers going around, ie dollars don't always dictate where a client goes. At least thats my impression of him.

Masked Eagle said:
Rodo said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Mimis also manages Beaver. To be honest, he seems one of the better player managers going around, ie dollars don't always dictate where a client goes. At least thats my impression of him.

since when???
I though Wayne Beavis manages menzies

I think Mimis manages Ox. He must be brilliant as the Canberra deal said it all. I think he's a reasonable guy, although I agree with Moondog.

I know this is a bit off topic but I just found this interesting article about Mimis and his dealings from 2005. Says a lot about his integrity.

It's interesting in that he was looking at buying Manly at one time.

"NRL to crack down on agents as players question Mimis
September 10, 2005

The strong influence of agents is concerning the NRL, writes Roy Masters.

Lawyers acting for players unhappy with leading player manager George Mimis planned to sue him if he bought a heavily discounted unit in a Hillsdale apartment block and they lost value on their properties.

Mimis, who acts for some of rugby league's highest-profile players, introduced 12 of them to a development on Bunnerong Road, winning them a discount of $17,000, while being offered a unit himself for $150,000 off the list price.

The developer, Harrington Properties, insists that Mimis has not proceeded with the purchase and that the valuations on the players' properties have maintained value, despite the downturn in the market.

NRL chief executive David Gallop says: "This certainly highlights the need for some regulatory safeguards where young men, sometimes with a lot of money, are allowing third parties to manage their affairs.

"I can also see the implications of one manager having so much influence at a club and the club's exposure to this."

The Dragons have at least seven Mimis clients who bought property at the Hillsdale block - Mark Gasnier, Jason Ryles, Matt Cooper, Shaun Timmins, Ben Hornby, Ben Creagh, and Justin Poore - while Colin Best, Corey Payne, Michael Henderson, Wes Niaqama and coach Nathan Brown are also in his stable.

"Conceptually, any time a player manager has two or more players at one club, or two or more players in the same position, such as fullback, coming off contract at the same time, there is potential for conflict," Gallop said.

The NRL has already investigated the salary-cap implications of a trip on which Mimis accompanied St George Illawarra chief executive Peter Doust, trainer Paul McGregor, assistant coach David Barnhill, a physiotherapist and Brown on a trip to European soccer clubs and to the US.

"He paid for himself and the club paid for us," Doust said. "He had contacts into Real Madrid and Brownie spent two days with Ronaldo and Zidane and our physio went through their rehabilitation program.

"His company, SFX, is world-wide and had David Beckham as a client until there was a fall-out."

The NRL investigation centred on whether the Dragons had paid for Mimis, creating the perception that such duchessing helped the club to re-sign players.

The Dragons gave the same response to the NRL as Doust told the Herald, that Mimis's association with the club goes back to the Super League war when his three clients - Gorden Tallis, Anthony Mundine and Brown - all declined to stay with the club when it signed with the ARL although the player group had voted to stay together.

Tallis sat out the season and Brown and Mundine eventually played after sitting out two games.

Brown is a Mimis fan, telling the Herald during the probe into the Hillsdale affair: "When I became coach there was a negative attitude towards player managers, but I have always found George's prime interest is the welfare of his client."

Prominent Mimis clients include Broncos captain Darren Lockyer, Newcastle and NSW captain Danny Buderus and Roosters just retired veteran Luke Ricketson. Mimis attended Ricketson's recent retirement party.

Melbourne players Robbie Kearns, Matt Orford and Billy Slater are also Mimis clients but the Storm have instructed Kearns to sever any arrangement with Mimis when he becomes a Storm official next season.

Sharks Brett Kimmorley, Phil Bailey and David Peachey are also clients and Kimmorley and Bailey have bought units in the Hillsdale block.

Former Melbourne and Sharks coach Chris Anderson has had a long-term association with Mimis.

Mimis has angered other player managers who have lost clients to him - such as Orford from Wayne Beavis, Kimmorley from Sam Ayoub and Bailey from Alan Gainey.

Beavis has launched a legal action against Mimis for the recovery of all management fees associated with Orford, including his new contract deal with the Sea Eagles.

Beavis has asked Manly for a copy of Orford's contract to bill the halfback for fees.

Mimis introduced a Crazy John's sponsorship deal to the NRL, linking the mobile-phone company with clubs in which he had a number of clients, causing the clubs which were not receiving the lucrative deals to complain about the situation.

During Manly's struggle to stay solvent, SFX lodged an expression of interest in buying it.

Mimis's tentacles also extend to the Sexiest Men in Rugby League competition.

The SFX website has a link to the competition and Mimis clients are regular entrants."

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4