Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tenterfield

The Who

First Grader
Premium Member
Reaction score
I managed to chat to Zac in Mudgee and was impressed by his humility.
He confirmed he is 197cm tall and 110kgs -- not the 91kgs as reported on the website.
When I asked when he'd be available to play First Grade he said "around round 11, I think. I haven't really asked. I think the club has asked for a special dispensation but I don't really know..."
It surprised me that he wasn't acutely aware of matters. Perhaps he is too shy to ask or that DESpicable is too aloof.
I told him how much I was looking forward to watching him in First Grade and knew he liked the 'biff' and he just stifled a laugh. He seemed a really nice young fellow.
I had similar chats with a few of the "lesser lights", seeking them out rather than the stars. All of them were polite, and so young . . .
Among the 'gems' I gleaned were that Harpo's hair is naturally curly; Tippytoes believes he is a better centre rather than a winger and is left footed; Froggy is enjoying playing hooker; Parker has some relatives who live in a rural section of Mudgee and he stayed with them/visited them. He apparently took some of his teammates out for a family barbecue.
I was also surprised to learn that the team was scheduled to be bussed back to Sydney on the Saturday night after the match, not being given the chance to celebrate in Mudgee. I thought this was a tough decision by the club/coaches. It was particularly tough considering the stellar performance they all displayed.
I got the feeling that the players taken to Mudgee had bonded well and it showed during the match. The team has not shown so much flair and commitment for a very long time. I hope our coaches stick with this group and force those currently injured players to come up through the Blacktown Workers to prove they are worthy of First Grade selection.

delz

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
I managed to chat to Zac in Mudgee and was impressed by his humility.
He confirmed he is 197cm tall and 110kgs -- not the 91kgs as reported on the website.
When I asked when he'd be available to play First Grade he said "around round 11, I think. I haven't really asked. I think the club has asked for a special dispensation but I don't really know..."
It surprised me that he wasn't acutely aware of matters. Perhaps he is too shy to ask or that DESpicable is too aloof.
I told him how much I was looking forward to watching him in First Grade and knew he liked the 'biff' and he just stifled a laugh. He seemed a really nice young fellow.
I had similar chats with a few of the "lesser lights", seeking them out rather than the stars. All of them were polite, and so young . . .
Among the 'gems' I gleaned were that Harpo's hair is naturally curly; Tippytoes believes he is a better centre rather than a winger and is left footed; Froggy is enjoying playing hooker; Parker has some relatives who live in a rural section of Mudgee and he stayed with them/visited them. He apparently took some of his teammates out for a family barbecue.
I was also surprised to learn that the team was scheduled to be bussed back to Sydney on the Saturday night after the match, not being given the chance to celebrate in Mudgee. I thought this was a tough decision by the club/coaches. It was particularly tough considering the stellar performance they all displayed.
I got the feeling that the players taken to Mudgee had bonded well and it showed during the match. The team has not shown so much flair and commitment for a very long time. I hope our coaches stick with this group and force those currently injured players to come up through the Blacktown Workers to prove they are worthy of First Grade selection.

delz

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
I was also very impressed by all the players and their politeness and willingness to talk. They were all a credit to the club and I had a feeling they were going to play well.

I spoke to a number of them but the funniest or should I say the most interesting conversation was with Garrick where I mentioned to him all he needs to do is score 2 tries and kick 6 goals and we will be home and hosed. Just call me the oracle.. !!

Reaction score
With our current FR stocks and with Sione alongside him, I fear that unless Zac can become a good edge backrower he may be the one to miss out on a spot in next years 30.

Edit: I would like to see him use his aggression on the edge if he has any kind of pace.

Last edited:

The Who

First Grader
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bussed back on the night of the game for ice baths and recovery session at narrabeen
Gee, this seems nuts to me.
It's a four hour bus trip back from Mudgee, and then the players have to jump into ice baths?
It seems like punishment rather than what should have been a reward for outstanding play and representing the club in Mudgee so well as ambassadors.

Supreme Leader

Bencher
Reaction score
It's a four hour bus trip back from Mudgee, and then the players have to jump into ice baths?
It seems like punishment rather than what should have been a reward for outstanding play and representing the club in Mudgee so well as ambassadors.
How dare they win 2 games in a row. Management will show them....

tookey

First Grader
Reaction score
If it had been colder in Mudgee they would have just made them swim in the local dam

Will on the hill.

Reserve Grader
Super Coach Member
Reaction score
Not time to celebrate yet, those recovery sessions are only effective inside a certain window and I'd wager that a majority of the players were thankful to get back to their own beds Saturday night. A big night out in Mudgee is the last thing they need, anyone remember Gladstone?

hozza

Bencher
Reaction score
Hopefully they were able to celebrate on the bus with some cans, hopefully getting a bit rowdy and celebrating the win.

Nothing like a good ol fashioned drink up on the bus, random piss stops. Bit of banter and hopefully belting out the team song a few times to bring them together.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
With our current FR stocks and with Sione alongside him, I fear that unless Zac can become a good edge backrower he may be the one to miss out on a spot in next years 30.

Edit: I would like to see him use his aggression on the edge if he has any kind of pace.
The fact they took him to Mudgee is further evidence he is in our future plans. Put it this way, Marty won't be around forever, and Des likes big tough forwards with a bit of controlled aggro. Zac is still working on his control but is very young and has some qualities worth spending the time to refine. Unless Boyle goes bananas when he gets back Zac will probably have his spot next year.

Reaction score
The fact they took him to Mudgee is further evidence he is in our future plans. Put it this way, Marty won't be around forever, and Des likes big tough forwards with a bit of controlled aggro. Zac is still working on his control but is very young and has some qualities worth spending the time to refine. Unless Boyle goes bananas when he gets back Zac will probably have his spot next year.
I hope so. Is he too slow for an edge where he could be VERY useful?

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Comp 2021
Reaction score
I hope so. Is he too slow for an edge where he could be VERY useful?
Unless I'm mistaken Saddler and Harper are the only two players Des has signed from his time at the Dogs. He would know them both well and obviously likes what they show.

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
Reaction score
Breeds toughness. ice baths are actually more about mental resilience than the effects on inflamed injuries sometimes.

HK_Eagle

Bencher
Reaction score
Hopefully they were able to celebrate on the bus with some cans, hopefully getting a bit rowdy and celebrating the win.

Nothing like a good ol fashioned drink up on the bus, random piss stops. Bit of banter and hopefully belting out the team song a few times to bring them together.
Agree, until Turbo slips in the aisle, does the splits and tears another hammy.

Reaction score

He should take Boyle's spot next year

Staff online

Latest posts

2021 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 9 9 0 0 200 18
2 Eels 9 8 0 1 136 16
3 Storm 9 7 0 2 184 14
4 Rabbitohs 9 7 0 2 61 14
5 Roosters 9 6 0 3 123 12
6 Dragons 9 5 0 4 24 10
7 Titans 9 4 0 5 -1 8