Ten Questions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Here's a few questions guys. Watcha think?

1. Do you think Manly have missed the boat on a 2nd rower or prop for next year?

2. Do you think the acquisition of Lyon was more imprtant than purchasing a forward at all costs?

3. Jamie Lyon. 5/8 or centre?

4. Steve Matai. Wing / Lock or wing?

5. Travis Burns. 5/8 or Hooker?

6. With Monaghan / Dunley with us in 07, do we then say Burns will definitely play 5/8, meaning Lyon is definately a centre, Matai a lock?

7. Do you think Des Hasler has the team firing at the back end of each season?

8. Are Manly a top 4 team?

9. Does Manly recruitment have one or twe surprises in them over the off season?

10. Have we seen the innovative defensive style Des Hasler said would change the way the game is played by Des Hasler?

Have fun guys...

1. Do you think Manly have missed the boat on a 2nd rower or prop for next year?

no more big name signings but maybe he has Cuthbo earmarked or we may get a player of potential, ie Rose.

2. Do you think the acquisition of Lyon was more imprtant than purchasing a forward at all costs?

I guess it was more important but I would not say at all costs, he will add a great deal to our attack.

Centre (have not seen him play 5/8)

Not sure on this one. Maybe reserve

5/8 if we have Monas

6. With Monaghan / Dunley with us in 07, do we then say Burns will definitely play 5/8, meaning Lyon is definately a centre, Matai a lock?

As I said above, although Dunley to be released :D

04 Yes, 05 No, 06 We shall soon find out. Hard to gauge on our recent form with the calibre of players we have had out.

No, top 6. But thats enough to get us to the big one.

9. Does Manly recruitment have one or twe surprises in them over the off season?

No

10. Have we seen the innovative defensive style Des Hasler said would change the way the game is played by Des Hasler?

Our defense has definately improved out of sight so he has done well but hasnt changed how the game is played.

Not through a lack of trying. Anything could happen yet.

Wait and see.

Centre, where he has been playing his whole career no matter what the Telegraph or Manly Daily may report.

Premier League to prove himself in his new position if he isn't a centre.

5/8 for now.

No.

The only trend to his coaching is the up and down performances.

No.

Something usually pops up, an average player or two for depth, maybe more.

I'm still waiting to see his genius..

No. I have a sneaking suspision that Manly are looking outside of Australia for a forward. Not much left to go around here but BK is too much of a loss for our club not to be looking at everyone possible.

Yes. In my opinion, after answering the next question "centre", we will have one of the best centre pairings in the game. Second too Gas and Cooper.

Lyon to centre, Matai too lock.

Lock. Wingers will be Robertson/Hicks

5/8 although Des will want more ball play and less line running. Especially with Lyon outside him.

Much of the same I feel. Des seems to think bringing Dunnley on against tired legs works and Monaghans defence is good for the start of both halves. Sometimes I agree, other times I don't. Much of a muchness. Perhaps and extra forward on the bench instead of dunley. I feel our ball play works better with monas service. How often does Dunley pass?

We are going a lot better than last year. I don't feel we are outclassed in any game. Even through our recent 3 in a row loosing streak. Parra have beaten some great teams with hefty score lines in recent weeks. Having seen them all we tested them the most. Despite losing moi moi.

If the Dragons are beaten by Parra. We are 4th if Knights don't win by 12. If the Broncos are beaten by 20 and the Dragons win we are 3rd after just this weekend. I am very confident we can finish top four. Especially with souths straight after the bye. If we can go from here on in and just lose one to either Bulldogs or Storm, Currect form of other teams says 3rd however I expect 4th from our current position.

I think so. Like I said earlier though, I think it will come from affar.

We've definatly seen an improvement. However its not inovative. I remember seeing a very similar style to that of the 95, 96, 97 team although we have more work to do in the centre of the ruck. I put it down to fatigue more than style. We just let teams chew too many metres and thus have to constantly work hard out of our end.

No

No

centre

Needs to be converted to a bench utility

5/8

yes. except for mattai. see above point & like Garts says...release Dunley.

Not yet. But he does have them in the right frame of mind & a position of anywhere from 8-3rd would not surprise me. 9th or lower is out of the question.

Not in co-ordinated skill yet. The teams heart/spirit (princess aside) can be top 4.

Absolutely yes.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL..........No

[quote author=Ryan]
Here's a few questions guys. Watcha think?

I don't know of anyone else Manly could sign for 2007 that would impress me.

Jamie will add a lot to the Manly backline, which can only improve Orford's/Snake/Bell's game. On paper, it's a cracker. Simply said, if manly could keep Lulu, Rose, Bryant and King and interchange them, without being the most dominant pack they could hold their own enough to give the backs the room they need. MOVE KITE BACK TO 2ND ROW TO TAKE BK's SPOT. Awesome backrow. Cuthbo and Morewood could be backups if any of these 4 frontrowers are injured. Saves spending big $$ on a blue chip player at the expense of 2 or 3 1st graders

Dunno...probably 5/8....maybe let Dunners go and rotate Monas and Burns. Burns attack at 5/8 isn't overly great

Centre....2nd row if required

Hooker, unless he improves & works well at 5/8 with Lyon at centre

no

2005 - no....this year I'm a little more optimistic. Hopefully Kite is ok

Could sneak in there, and if they do, they deseve to be a top 4 team. May well only win 1 more game also.....

running out of name players if they are still looking for their 2nd 'blue chip player"

huh? he said that?

i's improved alot

Have fun guys.....quote1154445312]

From the NRL yep, maybe Ashley Harrison but maybe from ESL.

No Lyon will see Matai either sold, moved to the forwards or PL to hone up on some footie skills.

Definitely centre. Burns as 5/8 although he'll want to get his passing game in order. Top defensively which is his greatest asset.
Lyon will teach Burns more about attacking 5/8 play.

Lock or 2nd row. Needs to be coached by BK in tackling style, reading defensive patterns, basically how to play the game really.

5/8 for sure.

Sell Dunley unless he signs to run forward. This lateral crap he dishes up is rubbish. What's up with one hooker playing the full 80? They did it in the eighties. Were they all fitter?

I want him to fire them up in the first twenty minutes, let alone the back end of the season. What's with the slow starts?

I think so. With all guns blazing and coached to get fired up early and not wait around till the others rack up twenty, we might be a shot.

I always remain optomistic......recruiting an attacking coach and a defensive coach?

Is the innovation always coming from behind to confuse the opposition or lull them into a false sense of security? Worked well with the Panthers but not with Parra. Our on-line defense worked well at the beginning of the season but has fallen away of late. Having said that, we're still running fifth so miracles can happen.

There is still a chance we can get Kane Cleal back so no

No, see above

He will be used as depth moreso in centre now we have lost steppa

He will start in the centres until injuries hit, possibly covering orford during origin

Util injuries he will have to reamin at 5/8 but if monas/dunners and willo are injured he will be needed to cover hooker, beaver can always play 5/8

Lyon may be used as depth for 5/8 if beaver is injured/origin and monas or dunners are out as well

i know BK enjoys his farm and probably fires his gun a bit there, not sure if Des organises any team trips though

No, we are currently 5th ladder --

I would imagine so with all the players, coaches and officials surely 1 or 2 of them wont know what they are getting for christmas

Yes, without defence the opposition would score on every hit up

No, i think they were in the hunt for simpson on a if we get him we get him if we don't we don't type of thing... i think they will use Glenn Stewart or Cuthbo to fill the gaping hole left by BK

Given the talent of props/second rowers that were on the market i think getting lyon is better... there wasn't very good props or second rowers on the market this year.

Centre

Bench

5/8

4. Jamie Lyon
6. Travis Burns
9. Micheal Monoghan
14. Shane Dunley (preferrably in PL)
15. Steve Matai

Last year No.. this year yet to be determined

I think we are... whether we deserve to be or not i don't know... this years comp is storm and bulldogs the best teams then daylight and i think we feature towrds the top of the next echilon

9. Does Manly recruitment have one or two surprises in them over the off season?

Who knows... i would be saving our dollars and seeing who is off contract for 2008... if we can get the best out of all our players we currently have under contract next year i think we can still be contenders

Our defence has improved ten fold since des took over.. that is not in comparison to vintage manly.. that is from the time he took over to now

Have fun guys... you too buddy

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4