• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I just had a poor experience with Telstra. I get home phone, internet, and Foxtel all in one bundle.
I phoned up a couple of weeks ago to query a bill, anyway I was told I cold get more internet and calls - and pay less - if I started a new 2 year deal. I said OK.

Week or so later this package arrived. It was a T Box, I wasn't even told it was coming, let alone what it was.
Where I am I have ADSL2, it is not completely reliable, and I certainly don't want my TV also subject to the vagaries of that connection.

I went to a local Telstra shop where the manager agree that T Box would be bad in my area, but couldn't take it from me as they were just a franchise. Helped me to lodge a complaint though, and I'm still waiting to hear back, 4 days later.

Telstra was quite dishonest in the way the deal was put to me on the phone. Maybe it was just one incompetent operator that I spoke to?

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I just had a poor experience with Telstra. I get home phone, internet, and Foxtel all in one bundle.
I phoned up a couple of weeks ago to query a bill, anyway I was told I cold get more internet and calls - and pay less - if I started a new 2 year deal. I said OK.

Week or so later this package arrived. It was a T Box, I wasn't even told it was coming, let alone what it was.
Where I am I have ADSL2, it is not completely reliable, and I certainly don't want my TV also subject to the vagaries of that connection.

I went to a local Telstra shop where the manager agree that T Box would be bad in my area, but couldn't take it from me as they were just a franchise. Helped me to lodge a complaint though, and I'm still waiting to hear back, 4 days later.

Telstra was quite dishonest in the way the deal was put to me on the phone. Maybe it was just one incompetent operator that I spoke to?

Yep happened to me too. Completely dishonest! Telstra gave me verbal confirmation over the phone that it would cost me nothing after I had told them I don't want it. Now they charge me $11 per month for the damn thing that I don't use:mad:

Another Foxtel doozy. My remote has been driving me crazy recently as the pause and play buttons seem to be worn out after 7 years use, I have to press them multiple times for a response.

Rang Foxtel yesterday, 'Many calls, waiting time is 35 minutes' (!)
I'm on hols, so put the phone down on speaker and waited.
After 27 minutes the waiting time was still 26 minutes (having at one stage been down to 24). I hung up.

Tried again this morning, eventually got through, but will be charged $35 to replace the remote!!!
Outrageous!
I said I never ordered a remote! It was given to me because is an essential part of the service I've been paying for years!
How can I use the service properly without a remote???

Eventually they agreed to send a replacement without cost, but it took me an entire hour on the phone this morning. I was seriously about to tell them to cancel the whole account.
giphy.gif

Another Foxtel doozy. My remote has been driving me crazy recently as the pause and play buttons seem to be worn out after 7 years use, I have to press them multiple times for a response.

Rang Foxtel yesterday, 'Many calls, waiting time is 35 minutes' (!)
I'm on hols, so put the phone down on speaker and waited.
After 27 minutes the waiting time was still 26 minutes (having at one stage been down to 24). I hung up.

Tried again this morning, eventually got through, but will be charged $35 to replace the remote!!!
Outrageous!
I said I never ordered a remote! It was given to me because is an essential part of the service I've been paying for years!
How can I use the service properly without a remote???

Eventually they agreed to send a replacement without cost, but it took me an entire hour on the phone this morning. I was seriously about to tell them to cancel the whole account.
giphy.gif

I would have asked them to close my account instead since you can get the same service at a better rate anyway and without paying for a bloody remote.

I had a similar issue with KPN here, with the remote going funny, it took about 2 minutes of a funny conversation on their webchat full of laughs, jokes, smileys and a couple of memes and the next day a new remote was delivered to my door free of charge. The dutch aren't know for their customer service but their pure pragmatism certainly goes a long way.

I've got netflix and I love it.
I think I'll have to stream Manly games this year though ( or pay for the NRL app) because not having fox means going to the bowls club to watch games.

Don't get me started on Telstra.Dont muck around with these guys and go straight to consumer affairs and wipe your hands off them.They are complete and utter dishonest grubs.I have had run ins with them over similar issues and as soon as you mention consumer affairs they go into their shell.They are nothing more than financial bully boys and all they want is your money.Telstra have a lot to answer for over the years.Hope you get it sorted.

I had a battle a few weeks ago over the cricket. I've got the Tbox as well, same bundle, and was told I needed to upgrade to channel 507.
Long story short 200 bucks installation plus an extra $20 a week for virtually the same product.
I told them to stick it.
My advice, through experience is to complain through the ombudsman.
Only language they understand.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4