Tedesco

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Alan

Reserve Grader
I wish Tedesco all the best and hope he can overcome the triple obstacles of his injuries, living in Canberra (sorry @Ralphie) and being coached by Sticky.

Love watching him play, but given his injury record, and with such a hunk of the cap tied up in him I bet the raiders fans will be nervous every time he plays.

A little like we are with Snake, the difference being that snake has already delivered more than we could ask for.

Alan said:
I wish Tedesco all the best and hope he can overcome the triple obstacles of his injuries, living in Canberra (sorry @Ralphie) and being coached by Sticky.

All Good mate, it's a terrible place to live down here! Spread the word far and wide so no one comes here and stuffs it up. :p

Ralphie said:
Alan said:

All Good mate, it's a terrible place to live down here! Spread the word far and wide so no one comes here and stuffs it up. :p

+1

Ralphie said:

Yep - I've been in Canberra for the last 20 years and it's a great place to bring up kids. The place has a lot going for it that you don't know unless you live here :)

I've only been to Canberra a couple of times, but we did enjoy it quite a lot.

The zoo was impressive ( No, not Parliament House, the other zoo!)

That political edge doesn't help Canberra's image but most cities have their trouble spots..lol!

As for Tedesco...The pressure will be on him, even if he overcomes his injuries to get on the field regularly.

A competitive Canberra is good for the game, I believe, so it will be interesting to see how this move goes.

Perhaps Ricky views Reece Robinson as a 5/8 or a winger or a loose forward or god knows what, but he always seemed to be a talented player at fullback. Fast. It seems like a funny move, paying massive overs for Tabasco, when a little smart coaching on Robinson could see him develop into a top fullback

Lord Eagleton said:
Perhaps Ricky views Reece Robinson as a 5/8 or a winger or a loose forward or god knows what, but he always seemed to be a talented player at fullback. Fast. It seems like a funny move, paying massive overs for Tabasco, when a little smart coaching on Robinson could see him develop into a top fullback

Robinson is an average first grade winger and not much more IMO. He has the occasional strong game in attack at fullback (can run a hole, and is a good support player), but lacks a strong passing game, is caught out of position a lot, struggles under the high ball, and is a less than impressive last line of defence.

I wouldn't buy Tedesco for 1.9m, but he is a much better prospect than Robinson. It's a massive gamble by the Raiders though with the injuries and the lack of first grade experience.

Normie said:
Ralphie said:

Yep - I've been in Canberra for the last 20 years and it's a great place to bring up kids. The place has a lot going for it that you don't know unless you live here :)

I don't mind Canberra at all . We have family in the Weston Ck area and used to like to visit , when we were old enough used to hit the pubs and clubs , never forget a time when my cousin was having a shower and we threw an ice cold bucket of water over him , fkn funny times

Lived in Canberra since my early teens and I think it's a great place to live. Get stuck in a traffic jam and it delays your trip by 15-20 minutes tops!

on Tedesco, lot of money invested in someone whose done his knee twice in less than 10 games if first grade.

Maybe he will end up the Canberra equivalent of Sandow once Ricky works his magic.

Canberra is a good place to have GPS.

Being of limited mental capacity, I seem to get lost with alarming regularity.

They don't mind a roundabout either.

I guess this is a good thing as now Canberra wont be after Gutherson as reported. Although maybe the Tigers will be now?

One of the papers today reported that he signed for the monies, after having a round of golf with Benji :p

Benji will be stripped of his Tiger Stripes by their Fans no doubt :dodgy:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4