teams Identity MMPM

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
when i look at Manly, I know them as flat track bullies. Not tough, although i believe individually we have some really tough players, not resilient as a team, not frugal, not composed, a little enigmatic maybe. never going to die wondering in the 11th minute, yep. one trick turbos possibly

regardless of what we think, the team knows who it is, and the mental switches are killing us when they see the routinely distinctive signs repeat themselves over and over, year after year when it matters

and not just recently. for a while we now we are 4th/15th kind of team . so how does our team become such a enigma considering our players.

good props, bad props, good 6, bad 6, good 9, bad 9 we always have the same type of result. Not scores, but possession starving. occasionally we have done it to teams but its off the back of scoring repeatedly our possession comes rather than earning it.

i Know i can find numerous example where props having no ball and only having one hit up before being replaced on this forum over maybe 4 or 5 years,

dont you find that a really strange stat to have history on. i had mentioned in in lead up to recent games. we corner the market

our captain love him or loathe him has carried this teams fortunes and at times has been over burdened .NOT currently or last year, this has probably been equally offset in other ways. But the point is team identity. OUR teams pulse, demeanour,personality is DCE for many reasons, most of which i presume is the respect the players have for him off field, his captaincy, his position, his experience and the touches he has in a game. this is all good, . in many ways he is a fine leader, but he does not know the journey to semi final glory and we need someone to show us because we fumble, and bumble when the heat is on

But the team needs a new BIG DOG, A new personality for on field leadership with or without DCE. if he can accept the change of loftiness as steve the beaver menzies did and play where the team needs him, and i think he craves less pressure, then great but man, this team needs a forward direction and a new personality based on resolve and concentration.

Very few mentions of the super kick off under pressure the other night. massive untimely unforced error based of rolling the dice early. rolled the dice early in both semi losses .yes its his way, maybe he should stick to his guns and play his game but if so be judged by them. NOT WORKING, try something else

ITs manlys Mitchell Pearces moment (MMPM), or maybe a ben hunt moment of playing 9
Great clubman but just, ..........in the way of better times. and while he is a cleanskin and i presume is great around the players he is yet to prove if he is a good clubman $$$$

I think we are all seeing a different comp this year. teams not being relocated, living is hotels,away from dealers . Some teams went better. I presume it would be easier for younger teams with less families last year

MMPM and world Peace
You can do it

Cust would have been a good option for the price. But i think Manly's main problem is that Hasler has not won a premiership since 2011.

Last edited:
Can I take it that you are not ecstatic about reports that Dessie is negotiating an extension for DCE?
Not if he is to be leading the ship. he is experienced and will always offer that but we need a genuine first receiver to help balance jakes game and someone to give the team a plan

i also believe this, in part is some of the reason we play 2 utilities on the bench, adding further forward balance issues as walker straightens attack , something we lack with lawnton to provide relief for frog

when i look at Manly, I know them as flat track bullies. Not tough, although i believe individually we have some really tough players, not resilient as a team, not frugal, not composed, a little enigmatic maybe. never going to die wondering in the 11th minute, yep. one trick turbos possibly

regardless of what we think, the team knows who it is, and the mental switches are killing us when they see the routinely distinctive signs repeat themselves over and over, year after year when it matters

and not just recently. for a while we now we are 4th/15th kind of team . so how does our team become such a enigma considering our players.

good props, bad props, good 6, bad 6, good 9, bad 9 we always have the same type of result. Not scores, but possession starving. occasionally we have done it to teams but its off the back of scoring repeatedly our possession comes rather than earning it.

i Know i can find numerous example where props having no ball and only having one hit up before being replaced on this forum over maybe 4 or 5 years,

dont you find that a really strange stat to have history on. i had mentioned in in lead up to recent games. we corner the market

our captain love him or loathe him has carried this teams fortunes and at times has been over burdened .NOT currently or last year, this has probably been equally offset in other ways. But the point is team identity. OUR teams pulse, demeanour,personality is DCE for many reasons, most of which i presume is the respect the players have for him off field, his captaincy, his position, his experience and the touches he has in a game. this is all good, . in many ways he is a fine leader, but he does not know the journey to semi final glory and we need someone to show us because we fumble, and bumble when the heat is on

But the team needs a new BIG DOG, A new personality for on field leadership with or without DCE. if he can accept the change of loftiness as steve the beaver menzies did and play where the team needs him, and i think he craves less pressure, then great but man, this team needs a forward direction and a new personality based on resolve and concentration.

Very few mentions of the super kick off under pressure the other night. massive untimely unforced error based of rolling the dice early. rolled the dice early in both semi losses .yes its his way, maybe he should stick to his guns and play his game but if so be judged by them. NOT WORKING, try something else

ITs manlys Mitchell Pearces moment (MMPM), or maybe a ben hunt moment of playing 9
Great clubman but just, ..........in the way of better times. and while he is a cleanskin and i presume is great around the players he is yet to prove if he is a good clubman $$$$

I think we are all seeing a different comp this year. teams not being relocated, living is hotels,away from dealers . Some teams went better. I presume it would be easier for younger teams with less families last year

MMPM and world Peace
You can do it
Love your article and wait for it to be Kent's or Rothfield's piece of mastery. I have often thought that maybe Foran should be our #7 and run the game accordingly. If that is not to happen, Foran needs to be replaced with a livelier #6. We all know what we need at #9 and a Big Dog in the engine room. MMPM? I agree. Tapau either moves on or stays at a reduced and realistic contract allowing for a Big Dog in the middle. #9 will be sorted for 2023. We are back to the #6 & #7 roles which haven't changed at Manly for many seasons.

The mad professor tag is rubbish. It would indicate Des is a risk taker whereas he is the most conservative coach in the game. New kids only get a run when the pick and sticks are injured. Our glaring problem for (yes) years has been 9. Has he at least had a go at playing DCE there? Of course not. Opposition coaches will continue with the same tactics that have beaten us in both these games and he will doing nothing to change. His game plan has not changed since 2008.
It's really not MMPM, rather yet another DHINAP (Des Hasler is a not professor) moment.

Last edited:
The mad professor tag is rubbish. It would indicate Des is a risk taker whereas he is the most conservative coach in the game. New kids only get a run when the pick and sticks are injured. Our glaring problem for (yes) years has been 9. Has he at least had a go at playing DCE there? Of course not. Opposition coaches will continue with the same tactics that have beaten us in both these games and he will doing nothing to change. His game plan has not changed since 2008.
It's really not MMPM, rather yet another DHINAP (Des Hasler is not professor) moment.
Maybe, there is plenty to it for sure do you see our game as being conservative, reflecting hasler. i suppose i have more faith in des getting us there than dce who incidently is still sporting the same bag of tricks from almost as long ago.

At times we have lawnton, walker, foran, dce , tom and schuster on the field and jakes playing first receiver. Why do we need so many ball players .

After watching Friday's game , our problem is not our defense but it's when we have the football .The opposition knows exactly what we do which is 5 hit ups then kick the football away .I have mentioned before that during our first game against Penrith ,we scored a try from a sixth tackle play which no one was able to kick the football away .The opposition now only concentrates on Tom when we get the ball so they put a few players to mark him , because we have no one else to threaten their defense .
Cannot wait for Schuster as he create gaps and help our attack with his variety of ball playing .Also Aloai for a bit of mongrel .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8